• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

After 17 years surely it is fair to look at the trophy cabinet. We are a club with huge potential and a rich history. Some talk as if he has taken over a 3rd rate club and turned them into a force.

Football wise ( not sure what else matters myself) he is the least successful chairman we have ever had.

If I was an Arsenal or Chelsea fan I would have loved his reign.

One LC in 17 years is pretty terrible for a club like ours.

Would anyone settle for that in the next 17 years? He has succeeded most of all in lowering expectations.

And I am not saying he is terrible, but I do think he is an impediment to our success.

Mostly because he does not take a holistic approach to transfer

It is too much about the deal. And I am not saying we should break the bank. But we should get the managers first choice, when they are within our range.

That has not happened. Hence the familiar last
Minute hijack and scramble.

CQ has made no difference - a brilliant manager has made no difference.

Can you imagine our chances atm if we had Poch and a more supportive chairman and a less chaotic transfer policy?

After 17 years surely it is fair to look at the trophy cabinet. We are a club with huge potential and a rich history. Some talk as if he has taken over a 3rd rate club and turned them into a force.

Football wise ( not sure what else matters myself) he is the least successful chairman we have ever had.

Would anyone settle for that in the next 17 years? He has succeeded most of all in lowering expectations.

And I am not saying he is terrible, but I do think he is an impediment to our success.

It is too much about the deal. And I am not saying we should break the bank. But we should get the managers first choice, when they are within our range.

Can you imagine our chances atm if we had Poch and a more supportive chairman and a less chaotic transfer policy?

if the game doesn't go through any seismic changes and we challenge for a CL place most of those 17 years I'll be delighted, if we win the League or the CL thats massive massive overachievement, to not do so isn't failure

I don't think he's lowered expectations at all, my expectations of what we could achieve under Sugar were far lower

We were a shambles in the 90s and he has built us up stone by stone to now being a genuine contender.

We are now experiencing the best period this club has ever had when you look at league performances. We have never before finished so high in the table with such regularity.

Most Arsenal and Chelsea fans are not at all happy with his reign because we are now up there competing with them.

How many lost finals and semi finals? Cups are a lottery. Besides, trophies are nowhere near the most important thing in football. They're simply the cherry on top.

Who has said anything about settling? You have to be realistic though. There are 5 other clubs throwing money at their problems and sometimes they will succeed.

Impediment? He's the reason we actually have a chance of success.

Not sure what you're going for here, but I don't think anyone understands the complexity of completing multiple deals on a budget better than Levy.

There's no shortage of examples of us getting in players early and paying big fees. All the stuff about penny pinching and not doing anything until deadline day is a complete myth.

Our transfer policy is among the best in the league considering we are able to outperform the mega rich and doped clubs. We sign talent and produce world class players.

Look at Arsenal and Chelsea today. Now that is a lack of planning.

gonad*s. Our rich history was based on us being one of the top 5 clubs in the country where the financial differences between teams were not as seismic as they are now. In many respects we were considered the Man United of the South. Billionaires changed that landscape radically.

Would I be happy with just one cup in the next 17 years? No. Would I be upset? Depends if we were challenging for any of these trophies or not. We are far closer now to winning the league than we have ever been and we have never been perennial consistent title challengers.

Poch has come out himself and said that Levy is very supportive of him. So I am not quite sure where you have got the idea that he is not getting the manager's first choice.

I don't think he's lowered expectations at all, my expectations of what we could achieve under Sugar were far lower

Jesus. You are bringing back memories of me reading a Jim Duggan pre-season preview on Topspurs and his ambition for the season being us winning more than we lose and scoring more than we concede. That is where Sugar left us and why it has been such a slow slog to get to where we are now.

Last edited:
Exactly, he did all this after we missed the boat on the premier league money coming in. And while clubs were being doped. And while the like of Liverpool/Arsenal/Utd etc doubled their income by locking out the CL places...

Everything was stacked against us, and we have achieved what we have despite that.

I'm sorry but that is just rubbish. Levy an impediment to our success? Really?
Given a choice, which PL chairman would you have in his place?

And out of interest, what is our 'range' for transfers (remembering that range will neeed to include wages)?
And which of Poch"s first choice players have been lost due to Levy and not other factors?

Are we the only club active on deadline day? Or are Cheatski, Liverpool and others still shopping today?

I'm sorry but that is just rubbish. Levy an impediment to our success? Really?
Given a choice, which PL chairman would you have in his place?

And out of interest, what is our 'range' for transfers (remembering that range will neeed to include wages)?
And which of Poch"s first choice players have been lost due to Levy and not other factors?

Are we the only club active on deadline day? Or are Cheatski, Liverpool and others still shopping today?

David Dein was a much better chairman than Levy , I would have the lot from Liverpool or Utd. Neither interfere and both back their managers. For me Levy loves his reputation and plays up to it. He is a bit of a grandstander . The retractable pitch could be an example . A lot of money possibly £100m/£150m for two NFL matches a year so far. The rest of the NFL stuff is speculative.

I dio get we have improved and punched above our weight for the incredibly low nett spend . But if this is our peak , he will not have been a success on the pitch. If we kick on - then fair enough he will; have done well. Unfortunately atm I don't see the ambition to kick on.

Trophies versus - shining training ground for me every day. The game is supposed to be about glory.

I know it isn't constructive to deride this as absolute gonad*s.
In fact I'm not even allowed to call it absolute gonad*s.
But I am allowed to think it is absolute gonad*s.

I would be very surprised if you are not an Ars.anal fan, you're consistently bringing that lot into the conversation

Never mind the Man Utd of the South, Sugar's doomed one-man crusade against wage inflation in the game very nearly turned us into the lower latitudes' Coventry City. You have to give Levy his due, he learns from his mistakes and he is getting it about right now for me.

I would be surprised if the next 17 years didn't have more Cup wins than the last. We have had some rotten luck in the Cups, which has to change eventually.

David Dein was a much better chairman than Levy , I would have the lot from Liverpool or Utd. Neither interfere and both back their managers. For me Levy loves his reputation and plays up to it. He is a bit of a grandstander . The retractable pitch could be an example . A lot of money possibly £100m/£150m for two NFL matches a year so far. The rest of the NFL stuff is speculative.

I dio get we have improved and punched above our weight for the incredibly low nett spend . But if this is our peak , he will not have been a success on the pitch. If we kick on - then fair enough he will; have done well. Unfortunately atm I don't see the ambition to kick on.

Trophies versus - shining training ground for me every day. The game is supposed to be about glory.

Arrrrggggghhh just so much nonsense to argue against.

We had a good history, and good resources, but when Levy came, that means about as much as Forest's history, or Derby's, or Villa's resources, or Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Just look at who we are now competing with and beating over the course of a season and really weight it up. This shouldn't be a debate.

I think mentioning Coventry is a good perspective - how fecked up are the Sky Blues? And Leeds. And Villa. Clubs have no automatic right to thrive. I dare say Levy has been far from perfect, but when Harry left I wondered "was that the high water mark?". And yet we have improved, punching far above our weight as a club. Enjoy it!

The only thing i do agree with you over is that the game is all about Glory. But the rest is just gonad*s.

Never mind the Man Utd of the South, Sugar's doomed one-man crusade against wage inflation in the game very nearly turned us into the lower latitudes' Coventry City. You have to give Levy his due, he learns from his mistakes and he is getting it about right now for me.

I agree Levy is a better chairman than Sugar, but after 17 years I am beginning to come to the conclusion that he is Sugar lite and it is very possible that like Sugar Dan and Joe will be the only real winners . Selling up for a huge profit. They will except excessive amounts then.

I hope I am wrong, but in someways I am more pessimistic now than ever. I can see no circumstances when our transfer policy will change . We have dome incredibly well with such a policy.

But can it last? We have got the max.

I agree Levy is a better chairman than Sugar, but after 17 years I am beginning to come to the conclusion that he is Sugar lite and it is very possible that like Sugar Dan and Joe will be the only real winners . Selling up for a huge profit. They will except excessive amounts then.

I hope I am wrong, but in someways I am more pessimistic now than ever. I can see no circumstances when our transfer policy will change . We have dome incredibly well with such a policy.

But can it last? We have got the max.

Ahhhhh I get it, you're a satire account.

I know it isn't constructive to deride this as absolute gonads.
In fact I'm not even allowed to call it absolute gonads.
But I am allowed to think it is absolute gonads.

I would be very surprised if you are not an Ars.anal fan, you're consistently bringing that lot into the conversation

latest

animaatjes-martin-jol-55480.jpg

Back