• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Exactly. How can the ration be increased when we have a huge stadium project to pay for. Those other clubs that have higher ratios, don't have a big stadium to finance (except for Chelsea). Take the stadium out of the equation, and I would agree that we could increase that ratio slightly but I don't think those who are calling for that ratio to be increased are comparing apples with apples.

For example the stadium project can be repaid with the help of the stadium naming rights deal and revenue from the NFL partnership. Both will be new and lucrative income stre@ms, fixed sums.

The increased income from the new stadium due to the bigger capacity and better corporate facilities can go straight to the football side.

For example the stadium project can be repaid with the help of the stadium naming rights deal and revenue from the NFL partnership. Both will be new and lucrative income stre@ms, fixed sums.

The increased income from the new stadium due to the bigger capacity and better corporate facilities can go straight to the football side.

Yes but it is a matter of timing as to when that money comes in. That money is not coming in now. The builders need to be paid now.

If you were going to get a raise in your salary next year, do you spend that raise now or when it is guaranteed and enters into your bank account? Also, I've not told you how much the raise is. I can tell you that others have achieved a between 10-30% raise. How much of that raise do you spend now.

With all the uncertainty that is out there, I can forgive Levy for not spending money he has not secured yet. Especially when the bill for the stadiums are coming in thick and fast.

All the new revenue from new projects is a way off though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40924557

Super Al gets us spot on here

Its not often I agree with him, but fair comments.

I know what Jenas is saying, as are many on here, theres a "going rate" for players at the level we are now performing.

On the face of it it seems fair enough to meet that, but the fundamental difference is that we do not have the money those clubs do.

If that means we lose players, so be it. Personally I have no issue with that all the time we have Pochettino, for two reasons.

1 ) Pochettinos way of operating seems to have a knack of making players perform at a level above that which they normally do. In all honesty, who has stepped up from a Pochettino team with a big move and even maintained the level they were under him? Lallana is the only one who might have to my mind. Every other one has distinctly unimpressed.

2 ) Thanks to Pochettinos way of operating we always seem to have cover waiting in the wings. How many injuries have we just coped with the last few seasons? Kane, Dembele, Vertonghen... Out for extended periods, and the team just keeps on performing.

Rose had a pay rise and a 5 year contract, he knew the TV money was coming in as did he agent because we all knew, if he decided to sign a contract for 65k a week he should not expect to look at an increase a year later....that for me is the long and short of it

Bingo, i have no sympathy for players who sign a long term contract at X amount of money and they a few months later winge about not getting what they deserve. And i have no idea why some fans do have that sympathy.

Bingo, i have no sympathy for players who sign a long term contract at X amount of money and they a few months later winge about not getting what they deserve. And i have no idea why some fans do have that sympathy.

If he was 3 years in I would understand, if in 5 years he ran down his contract, I would understand, but they all went in to Poch and signed the deal and bought the dream they can't then less than a year later say its not enough, well they can but it does not wash for me

Its not often I agree with him, but fair comments.

I know what Jenas is saying, as are many on here, theres a "going rate" for players at the level we are now performing.

On the face of it it seems fair enough to meet that, but the fundamental difference is that we do not have the money those clubs do.

If that means we lose players, so be it. Personally I have no issue with that all the time we have Pochettino, for two reasons.

1 ) Pochettinos way of operating seems to have a knack of making players perform at a level above that which they normally do. In all honesty, who has stepped up from a Pochettino team with a big move and even maintained the level they were under him? Lallana is the only one who might have to my mind. Every other one has distinctly unimpressed.

2 ) Thanks to Pochettinos way of operating we always seem to have cover waiting in the wings. How many injuries have we just coped with the last few seasons? Kane, Dembele, Vertonghen... Out for extended periods, and the team just keeps on performing.

SPot on

If he was 3 years in I would understand, if in 5 years he ran down his contract, I would understand, but they all went in to Poch and signed the deal and bought the dream they can't then less than a year later say its not enough, well they can but it does not wash for me

Maybe some of our players need to sack their agents and employ Mendes or Raiola instead, people who will take on Levy and get better deals;)

Unfortunately it's more likely the players will just all end up at Man Utd or Real Madrid

Maybe some of our players need to sack their agents and employ Mendes or Raiola instead, people who will take on Levy and get better deals;)

Unfortunately it's more likely the players will just all end up at Man Utd or Real Madrid

So be it really

Could not agree more. I have zero sympathy for Rose.

I'm more concerned with the gap between ourselves and our title rivals. If we pay 100-200% less than Emirates Marketing Project, United or Chelsea and we can't offer trophies then what incentive do the likes of Kane, Alli, Alderweireld etc have to stay?

Er ... if we pay them 200% less than City, does that not mean they end up paying Tottenham Hotspur a ridiculous amount to play for us?

;)

(I think we know what you meant)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40941482

Who would have thought Jenas would go on to be one of the best pundits? Always really engaging, often insightful and rarely takes part in the usual hyperbole.

generally he is, but he's missing the point of our wage structure and the foundation of our success, you don't set your wage on the continental trophy you'd like to be in, you set it on the one you realistically will be in

also, if we do finish 5/6 this season that wouldn't necessarily be us "dropping back", we can play just as well as last season but if the big boys get their houses in order they will pick up a lot more points, it feels like we're being hit with both ends of the same stick, we are only where we are because manchester/arsenal have underperformed yet if they fix that we've somehow failed?

Im not saying I agree with him, at least not entirely, I just like how he offers perspective.

Particularly how he explains things from a players perspective without sounding like a tosser.

And I was very pleased he defended Levy as he did, the guy gets a real bad time in the press so its nice to see.

generally he is, but he's missing the point of our wage structure and the foundation of our success, you don't set your wage on the continental trophy you'd like to be in, you set it on the one you realistically will be in

also, if we do finish 5/6 this season that wouldn't necessarily be us "dropping back", we can play just as well as last season but if the big boys get their houses in order they will pick up a lot more points, it feels like we're being hit with both ends of the same stick, we are only where we are because manchester/arsenal have underperformed yet if they fix that we've somehow failed?

we got 86 points last season. if we get that many again by playing just as well the other teams will have to do something special to match that total

Im not saying I agree with him, at least not entirely, I just like how he offers perspective.

Particularly how he explains things from a players perspective without sounding like a tosser.

And I was very pleased he defended Levy as he did, the guy gets a real bad time in the press so its nice to see.

I meant that as a reply to what he said rather than your good self, quoted merely for context

Back