• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

yeah, I didnt watch today, did he not turn up or was he marked out of it again?
was there but did not have anything to sprint seeing how good he was as a youngster I find his progress odd. Cav was never going to do anything today, styblar and Kiowaski(spelt both wrong Im sure haha) both got caught out by crashes.

Winning a classic is hard and you can not just turn up because your strong and expect to do well. Thomas had a good showing today and maybe finally sky are learning how to ride classics and not just grand tours, they destroyed Bossan Hagan. Thomas is progressing well I am enjoying watching him.

Was a good race today, it is the race I most want to go to watch live.

Wiggins has just attacked in his last race for Sky. Anyone that has Eurosport should be watching this Paris Roubaix now.

Bradley Wiggins sets new UCI World Hour Record
Olympic champion rides 54.526 kilometres

Bradley Wiggins set the new standard for the UCI Hour Record on Sunday, riding 54.526 kilometres on the Lee Valley Velodrome in London to beat the previous record of 52.937 set by Alex Dowsett in May.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/british-cycling-plans-for-2020-olympic-success?

Good idea, is what the aussies did and they have some seriously talented riders coming through in road racing.

Going to be an interesting tour this year, not sure who will do what but looking forward to it.

Nibali's odds at 6/1 are way too long.
The way Astana dominated the Giro shows he has best 'prepared' team.
The cobbled stage should gift Nibali a minute and a half on the rest of the contenders. Its pretty likely Froome will go out of the race again on the cobbles.

Why do they bother with the cobbles when everyone seems to hate it and plenty of people crash on it.

The cobbled stage last year was the highlight of the race. It's sorts the riders with good bike handling and a tactical brain from those who are riding like drones staring at power meters and listening to team orders in their ears.

The cobbled stage last year was the highlight of the race. It's sorts the riders with good bike handling and a tactical brain from those who are riding like drones staring at power meters and listening to team orders in their ears.

You think you can win a tour de france then without good bike handling or a tactical brain e.g. Froome who went out on them last year?

Just bought myself a bike in the cycle to work scheme but a bit nervous due to things like this

Where are you cycling from/to in your commute?

Best advice I can give is to ride out i.e. don't sit really close to the kerb, so that you have some space to move into, should a selfish driver decide to drive too close to you. And always concede to the car/lorry i.e. don't race them or try to undertake them - especially if a left hand turn is approaching, as they may be planning on turning...always sit back

It's about a three mile ride, thank you for the advice all of a sudden the inside of a car feels really safe lol

I commuted around London on a bike for a decade, wear a helmet and visible clothes, be confident, don't make unpredictable moves and don't jump lights, don't go down the inside of anything and you'll be fine.

I commuted around London on a bike for a decade, wear a helmet and visible clothes, be confident, don't make unpredictable moves and don't jump lights, don't go down the inside of anything and you'll be fine.

Why don't you do it anymore? Agree with your tips - can't stand sitting at lights and watching a fellow cyclist go right through - gives us all a bad name

Back