• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Nothing worse than seeing an athlete complaining about being drug tested out of competition.
I personally I doubt Murray is on EPO. He has always had trouble lasting 5 sets with the endurance guys.

But what Murray generally is complaining about and he's done it on numerous occasions is having to do a test after a game.
He probably right in a way as you'd have to be pretty dumb to fail an in competition test.

There's the exact same whispers around Nadal for the last decade that were around Lance.
When you have tennis players going to the same dope doctors that cyclists use you have to ask questions.
When you see the lack of out of competition blood tests in Tennis you just have to shake your head.

And yes all the figures reported in the itf stats are the full figures.
http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/about/

"
Since 2006, the ITF has managed, administered and enforced the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme on behalf of the ATP, and on behalf of the WTA since 2007.

An out-of-competition testing programme has been conducted under the Tennis Anti-Doping Programme since 2005. This programme has been fully WADA Code-compliant since out-of-competition testing became mandatory in 2009. Players subject to this programme provide daily whereabouts information in order to permit effective no-notice out-of-competition testing. "

I know the ITF conduct the tests on nehalf of the ATP...but there are other tests.

The figures state Williams wasn't tested and she says she was?

So according to Mark Cavendish, cycling is one of the cleanest sports because they catch more cheats than any other sport. Erm Mark, that makes your sport dirty, not clean.

There's prob a quote from every pro saying how clean the sport is to go with every other below but it's def not a clean sport..

John McEnroe: "You can tell when someone has been on steroids… A guy bulks up, has a new body and never gets tired...You see these guys or girls who come onto the tour talking about their new training programs and their diets where they eat this or that new thing…but they’ll never tell you about the drugs they took."

Jim Courier: "EPO is the problem, I have pretty strong suspicions that guys are using it on the tour. I see guys who are out there week in and week out without taking rests. EPO can help you when it's the fifth set and you've been playing for four-and-a-half hours."

Christophe Rochus: "There's a lot of cheating. Simply, people don't like to talk about it...I simply would like to stop the pretending. This hypocrisy is exasperating."

Nathalie Tauziat: "I won't name individuals, but it's clear that doping exists in tennis and needs to be stopped...I have no hard evidence, but all I will say is that you don't have to have a degree in medicine to see that some of the players have transformed themselves almost overnight..."

James Blake: "In tennis, I think, I'm sure there are guys who are doing it, getting away with it and getting ahead of the testers."

Perhaps McEnroe is jealous that some players are passing him in terms of grand slams and matches won. His records are tumbling all the time.

Come back to me when there is hard evidence, not just hearsay.

Couldn't really think of a better place for this.

What do all you cycling types think of those who ride around with cameras on their heads? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so tacoty, and if anything it just makes me want to squeeze the space they try to steal even more.

well, if you are doing it because you want to catch out dangerous and inconsiderate driving or have some proof during any recourse then fair enough, i've been cycling in and around london for 10 years and there are some right bastards around

well, if you are doing it because you want to catch out dangerous and inconsiderate driving or have some proof during any recourse then fair enough, i've been cycling in and around london for 10 years and there are some right bastards around

In defence of drivers, I've rarely ever seen one drift into a cycle lane. The number of cyclists who weave in an out of them seem to be innumerable though.

In defence of drivers, I've rarely ever seen one drift into a cycle lane. The number of cyclists who weave in an out of them seem to be innumerable though.

there are a lot of stupid cyclists around granted, they give us sensible riders a bad name, it's unlikely these lunatics are the same ones with the go-pros though

there are a lot of stupid cyclists around granted, they give us sensible riders a bad name, it's unlikely these lunatics are the same ones with the go-pros though

There are a lot of stupid people in every walk of life, they should be given bumpers and hi-viz PPE wherever they go in public, no matter what they are doing. They are a constant hazard to themselves and others.

Decided there's too much Gooner red in the Mekk

So have this being delivered on Wednesday:

full54998.jpg

I was knocked over by a van that turned into a bus/cycle lane on holloway road (yes I said bus/cycle because that's what it is!) And the white van driver had the temerity to blame me for riding too fast...once again scara this isn't a black or white argument...

I was knocked over by a van that turned into a bus/cycle lane on holloway road (yes I said bus/cycle because that's what it is!) And the white van driver had the temerity to blame me for riding too fast...once again scara this isn't a black or white argument...

Turned into? Why was that?

Back