• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

No credit given to Sarah Storey in this thread? Maybe that's just because there's already an Olympics thread in place? But as a Gold winning cyclist, I thought she merited a mention in this thread.

And another gold today.

I think she was in contention for the Team GB cycling squad for the main Olympics and only just missed out. She would have made the Olympic squad with most countries.

Just watched the first episode of 'Road to Glory', have to say I thought it was brilliant. It just goes to show how cut throat top level sport is, and the amount of time and effort the athletes, coaches and management put into driving a team towards victory.

Many people who haven't a clue about sport don't appreciate how important it is to have a good management team around the athletes.

Contador keeps on trying to get rid of Rodriguez with his many small attacks but it just isn't working - the little man seems to be able to keep up. I tell you what, today's end to the stage looked absolutely brutal. The maximum climb angle I saw was 24%, but for the last 6 kilometres it was around 10-15% or over. Froome was absolutely gone, over two minutes behind Contador and Rodriguez.

After seeing this tour, you have to wonder whether Froome has it in him to take le Tour next year - but this Vuelta has arguably been more intense than this year's edition anyway!

Contador keeps on trying to get rid of Rodriguez with his many small attacks but it just isn't working - the little man seems to be able to keep up. I tell you what, today's end to the stage looked absolutely brutal. The maximum climb angle I saw was 24%, but for the last 6 kilometres it was around 10-15% or over. Froome was absolutely gone, over two minutes behind Contador and Rodriguez.

After seeing this tour, you have to wonder whether Froome has it in him to take le Tour next year - but this Vuelta has arguably been more intense than this year's edition anyway!

Absolutely crazy old school riding by Contador today.
Loving the Vuelta this year.

The big one on sunday, really interested to see who takes over from cav as new world champ. Gilbert looks to be coming back into some form so maybe him.

Good article on our new up and coming hope for you here http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gb...pot-in-road-world-championships-time-tiral-0?

Tony martin my second favourite sportssman after cav won the road time trial today, amazing if you get the chance later watch it on eurosport, this guy is the best time trial cyclist i ever saw.

The big one on sunday, really interested to see who takes over from cav as new world champ. Gilbert looks to be coming back into some form so maybe him.

Good article on our new up and coming hope for you here http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/gb...pot-in-road-world-championships-time-tiral-0?

Good call on Gilbert.
Excellent race today. Great seeing the likes of Cav and Contador doing turns on the front of the peloton for their teammates.
The brits didnt seem to take the race seriously though.

From what I've heard, Cav was never gonna win with the course they put out.

I picked up a 2009 Giant Defy 3 earlier and on the way home with it now (on the train). Love it already. The owner only did about 100 miles on it and it's in immaculate condition. Ordered pedals and shoes from Wiggle so can't wait to have a go on it. My old bike was stolen and not enough CCTV to retrieve it! Was brick anyway but very aggrevating.

Just purchased my first road bike!!!!!

full50699.jpg

I went for the Mekk Pogio 2.0

Edit: I am slightly disappointed with the Red

Yeah I tried to avoid getting anything with a hint of red on it. Mine looks like this, minus the blue strip on the tyres:

DSC00013_large.JPG

Beautiful bike to look at it must be said, adore it. Been for a ride on yours yet, southstand? I didn't realise until I picked it up that mine had carbon forks.

Yeah the first few rides feel really strange but you'll get used to it. Went out for a first ride on my bike earlier - first time wearing cleats. Guess what? Stacked it at a roundabout :( . Will get used to it quickly though.

Back