• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

Somebody brought $25m of Shib yesterday, almost 3 Trillion Shibs

Goldman Sachs, just brought a load of bitcoin as well.

Central banks want you to buy the ones they are making but why you would want to give control of your money to the same people who have been printing more and devaluing currencies I don't know.

Not had a good look at the news about the relaxation of finance laws but I have never been more certain my route is the correct one.

Spend an awful lot of time reading up on this stuff, ethereum,polygon and qnt are my major holds.

Fck the narratives.. see what the CPI report shows tomorrow, what earnings look like early next year in TradFi. Then we’ll see if the bottom is in or not,then let’s se what brickcoins are still about. Look at the Top 10 of 2017/18 alts and who’s still there? … “this time it’s different..” nah.

Fck the narratives.. see what the CPI report shows tomorrow, what earnings look like early next year in TradFi. Then we’ll see if the bottom is in or not,then let’s se what brickcoins are still about. Look at the Top 10 of 2017/18 alts and who’s still there? … “this time it’s different..” nah.

Hahah this and more

Quality work
FkCATFtXgAATIbJ

Good week for lots of coins !!
The 2 I hold are up 25% and 17% respectively

In a long trade myself just on BTC with no leverage but it’s a trade and I won’t marry my bags , taken some profit will let the rest ride. I’m still far from convinced the bottom is in. DXY is right at a low/support level. Earnings season soon in tradfi/ correlation with BTC has reduced slightly but not enough to isolate BTC / Crypto from getting body bagged if the stock market drops in earnings season. Markets are buoyed up at the moment, just Don’t think all forward earnings are priced in. Just 2 sats worth.

Check out AZERO, I've got a fair amount of it and looks really promising. Also one called KAS which I think could fly next cycle.

yeh will take a look but not putting anything into alts until the macro looks a bit better and the trad-Fi markets have bottomed. Of course they may have done so already, nobody knows and catches the bottom, personally I’m not buying it just yet. SYN (synapse)is one I will buy into in the future, worth a look.

I've made 25% in the last 10 days

My crypto investment paid for two trips to China for health treatment.

It has literally been the best investing I have done. The potential of some of these coins is so huge.

The bully boys don't seem to get that, but that happens in all walks of life. People want to control others and their opinions.

Could just be rank jealousy really.

It's a roller coaster but can see now you need to buy the big red days and take profit when everyone is getting delirious. Made a stack last few weeks. I'm already building up a few bags for whenever the next big bull run.

As we head towards the end of the current UK tax year it is timely to remember the tax reporting requirements associated with gains made on cryptoassets for UK tax residents and to plan ahead.

In the recent budget, the chancellor announced that from the 2024/25 UK tax year there will be a separate category on the self-assessment tax return for reporting gains and losses made on cryptoassets. The treasury anticipates that this will generate an additional GBP 10 million in revenue per year.

Whilst the rules on taxation of crypto assets have not changed, the treasury is hoping that the separate category will raise awareness of the requirement to report gains made. This comes as a timely reminder as we approach the end of the current tax year to consider your tax reporting requirements.

HMRC treats cryptoassets as capital assets. Therefore, when you dispose of a crypto asset the transaction will be subject to capital gains tax treatment. Disposal of crypto assets includes selling crypto for fiat, trading crypto for crypto, spending crypto on goods/services and gifting crypto (unless to your spouse). The gain or loss is calculated by taking the GBP value of the crypto asset at the date of disposal, less the GBP value of the crypto asset at the date of acquisition.

In the UK there is a GBP 12,300 capital gains tax-free allowance for the 2022/23 UK tax year. This means you can realise gains of up to GBP 12,300 without paying capital gains tax. If this allowance is not used within the tax year, it does not carry forward and as such you will lose it. The capital gains tax-free allowance will be reduced to GBP 6,000 for the 2023/24 UK tax year and to GBP 3,000 for the 2024/25 UK tax year and beyond.

Note that there are specific rules around the same crypto assets bought and sold on the same day and within a 30-day period. As such it is not possible to sell an asset solely for the purpose of realising the gain and then repurchase it within 30 days.

If your total capital gains for the year are in excess of the capital gains tax-free allowance, then you will need to register for self-assessment and report your gains to HMRC. If your gains are less than the capital gains tax-free allowance, then you do not need to report your gains to HMRC unless you are already registered for self-assessment and your total proceeds of assets sold are more than four times the tax-free allowance.

It is important to note that not all transactions involving crypto assets are subject to capital gain tax treatment and certain transactions may instead be subject to income tax. For example, rewards received from mining, airdrops and staking are likely to subject to income tax on the GBP value of the assets at receipt. Future gains/losses made on a subsequent disposal of the asset are subject to capital gains tax treatment.

Capital gains tax will be due on gains made in excess of the allowance and will be subject to capital gains tax at 10% or 20% depending on your total income and gains. Income tax due on relevant crypto asset transactions will be due at 20, 40 or 45% depending on your total income and gains.

For more information please see HMRC’s guidance on crypto asset taxation here.

Back