• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

If you are playing around with Coinbase then it's worth creating a Coinbase Pro account too. It's free (I am pretty sure) and the fees are much lower. and they have more trading options. Don't ask me why, it's been that way forever. I don't use Coinbase often nowadays as I use other decentralised exchanges most of the time but when I do I use Pro. I think it might even be the same login in for both versions.

Did you have to convert to EUR? On my Coinbase Pro app i only have a GBP account and can only see:

Stellar USD
Stellar EUR
Stellar BTC

Edit: if buying through Coinbase and via your payment card, i think you lose a massive wedge in fees. May be wrong, hopefully Lord @Danishfurniturelover can confirm if using Coinbase.

On Coinbase Pro it says i need EUR funds to buy or can buy using BTC

Yeah go with the pro option on coinbase. I would not say you lose that high a wedge with coinbase but it is certainly the most expensive exchange out there, but the safest to.

I brought stellar in pounds on it.

Coinbase itself is meant to have it's IPO this year.

Yeah go with the pro option on coinbase. I would not say you lose that high a wedge with coinbase but it is certainly the most expensive exchange out there, but the safest to.

I brought stellar in pounds on it.

Coinbase itself is meant to have it's IPO this year.

I'm getting annoyed now there is literally only USD, EUR or BTC options in XLM I can see on coinbase pro. Am I going out of my mind here or something!?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'm getting annoyed now there is non-figuratively only USD, EUR or BTC options in XLM I can see on coinbase pro. Am I going out of my mind here or something!?

You are right about only those options on Pro, But I can see you can buy straight from GBP on regular Coinbase the way Marky shows above.
Open Coinbase - Click on 'Prices' on the left - Scroll down to Stellar Lumens and click on 'Trade' - You should get the pop up shown above where you can buy from bank account.

Disclaimer (I hold no Stellar)

thanks @dingdongo @Danishfurniturelover - i think you are right you can buy in GBP but it looks like you are buying Stellar USD in GBP, they don't have a Stellar GBP market like you do with BTC GBP or ETH GBP?

View attachment 10699

Its extremely rare to see GBP markets anywhere to be honest. They only have them for BTC and ETH because they are the top 2 cryptos and a good gateway to entry. Most of the time people buy ETH then trade the ETH for whatever crypto they want.

Its just US exchanges that can't trade them, I'm on a UK based cyrpto exchange and can still but and sell XRP

GME is mad, maaaad.

They reckon a lot of the options expire on Friday so price could rocket then... (like it already hasn't!?)
I've read a bit about it but the article started going too far into the weeds so I gave up. I get the main stuff though.

Could this tatic not be repeately employed to fudge up short-selling by hedge funds again and again?

I've read a bit about it but the article started going too far into the weeds so I gave up. I get the main stuff though.

Could this tatic not be repeately employed to fudge up short-selling by hedge funds again and again?

Yes if you can identify a stock that's been shorted to that extent. to simplify, the hedge funds had shorted that stock to the tune of 150% almost, meaning there were more short deals out in the market, than there were shares available to buy.

Yes if you can identify a stock that's been shorted to that extent. to simplify, the hedge funds had shorted that stock to the tune of 150% almost, meaning there were more short deals out in the market, than there were shares available to buy.
That didn't simplify ;).

What happens if there are not enough shares available to buy back ?

Edit: Here's the head wreaking article I was reading https://marketsweekly.ghost.io/what-happened-with-gamestop/

Last edited:
Back