• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

CB pairings this season. I added the Chelsea pen to Romero and VDV even though Romero wasn't on the pitch. Seemed fair

Mins PlayedGoals Con.Goal Per 90
Romero & VDV8578 (inc Che Pen)0.84
VDV & Sanchez16631.6
Dier & VDV1200
Dier & Royal4535.9
Dier & Davies13531.99
Royal & Davies35271.78
Romero & Davies31630.85
Dier, Royal & Davies8111.25

Good work.

Definitely passes the eye test too for me. Romero and VdV quickly became really good. But Romero and Davies have also been a good partnership and worked much better than feared and much better than Romero and Dier (or imo Romero and Sanchez would have).

Yet to be seen how we will/would cope without Romero with VdV back. Hopefully we get some good cover for Romero in soon and don't get to find out.

Romero has been so important for us and will continue to be even if/when we get in better cover. He's a fantastic player.

Thought he looked back to his best last night, MOM for me.
Romero played well but there was one very strange moment when defending a corner, Romero kind of burst out of our own box and left everyone else to defend it; Romero thought we were going to clear it and he was wanting to speed off up the pitch. Meanwhile Brentford chipped it back into the box, Skipp had to bundle it off for a corner with his thigh, 1 second before Bournemouth were about to score.
That is crazy defending, he has to be a part of the back line during a corner, not deserting everyone like that.

There were a couple of other times too (before the Radish came on) where he was bursting forwards, I guess the plan is for Hojbjerg to cover and to be aggressive, but sometimes it can go too far for me. Don't be optimistic as a defender, expect the worst, defend the goal, ensure it is defended, track back fully at all times.
E.g. there was a break on where Toney and Maupay broke through our block and he thought he couldn't get back in time, so he left it to Van der Ven and Porro to deal with it and just jogged back trying to look cool, then he was overtaken by another Spur as he jogged, then when he felt perhaps that he COULD get back in time, he started to accelerate and believe he had a part to play. A defender should always sprint back, there is no place for jogging back.

Don't think he's been at his very best in the recent games, but still really good.

Some situations when teams are breaking or in between the lines, one on one vs Romero and he just stops that danger immediately with a ridiculously frequency. So difficult to get past one vs one.

Not done any silly aggression either which is good to see.

Romero doing what many of us feel like doingo to wee Brennan at times 🤣

Swift kick up the backside... Vibes FC alive and well

I get the impression that if Romero always let the intrusive thoughts win it would look a lot worse than that...

Another very good game from him. Looked like he was perhaps about to lose his cool there at one point, but was quickly back to his more composed self. Good to see.

Keeps being so important to our buildup.

Reactions: jrh
Back