• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

I haven't said we should sell him. Or that he was brick. Just that is an area of his game he needs to improve on. Yes "needs" if he is to be the best he can be.

It's not just the reds he gets. It's the yellows aswell that have led to bans.

Stop being so defensive of him. You can criticise a player without thinking he's brick.
Eh? Was that post meant for me?!

I. Where have I said you've said sell him? (Clue, the answer is nowhere)
II. Correct re: reds and yellows. That should be part of the calculation. It's already part of mine.
III. Defensive of him? How have you concluded that? Certainly not based on anything I've actually said.

Eh? Was that post meant for me?!

I. Where have I said you've said sell him? (Clue, the answer is nowhere)
II. Correct re: reds and yellows. That should be part of the calculation. It's already part of mine.
III. Defensive of him? How have you concluded that? Certainly not based on anything I've actually said.

Sorry been in the pub today and blurring different posts into one.

Agree completely and this interpretation others are making that this rage inside him makes him the player he is (and therefore we have to live with those moments he boils over) are ridiculous imo.

What is more concerning is that maybe he is actually quite dumb and wont ever learn or is just unable to control the rage. I say this because he is well aware var is in operation yet does it anyway.

If he does it again I would 100% want him out. And that is a real shame.
I don't think the "rage" in him makes him the player he is. But his aggression is important to him and an important part of what makes him a quality player.

He's obviously not dumb or just unable to control his rage. If so how on earth did he play all those games without getting sent off.

Sometimes his aggression and emotions get the better of him and he loses some of that control. That has happened with many outstanding players at times. Chances are it will happen again, but it's on him and the team to make sure it happens infrequently enough for the massive upside to be worth the downside.

There are many ways players end up with their emotions coming in their way. That's part of being human. That's hurt us as a club in many situations. Romero has this one flaw, but is it really any worse than players getting nervous for big occasions, players getting overconfident, players losing their confidence, players letting their heads drop, or players losing their professionalism or will to work hard to improve every day?

In most of those other areas Romero is outstanding. But he has this one flaw. I think it's a flaw that should be worked on, but it shouldn't be overstated.

Brilliant player, absolutely no doubt about it. Reads the game well, he’s a good footballer and obviously loves to get stuck in. But I’m starting to lose patience with him. What’s the point of being an all action CB if he’s going to get himself sent off more than once a season and miss crucial games through needless suspensions?! The tackle was totally unwarranted and uncalled for. We were 4-0 up! He’s got more responsibility this season being vice captain and all, he’s got to set an example with not only his play but his discipline and temperament. If he gets another red this season I’d be tempted to strip him of his vice captaincy and give it to Vicario or someone else. Messi called him the best CB in the world. How come you don’t see the likes of Dias, Saliba, Rudiger etc making reckless tackles as regularly as Romero does? Our squad is paper thin as it is, especially in his position.

I do not believe this, I do not think this, but a thought just crossed my mind about those players that allegedly try to get a suspension for the entirety of the Christmas period, e.g. suddenly do a rash challenge on December 18th or whatever. I guess this was 1 or 2 games early.

I do not believe this, I do not think this, but a thought just crossed my mind about those players that allegedly try to get a suspension for the entirety of the Christmas period, e.g. suddenly do a rash challenge on December 18th or whatever. I guess this was 1 or 2 games early.

A straight red could be 4 games out, so wouldn't be back until the 14th January Vs Manu.

But we see challenges like this from Romero too often ( I think it was a yellow) to say this was to get a break over Christmas.

It's just how he plays

It's a pity he's so prone to making stupid pointless insane challenges when he's such a good player. He's insanely press resistant!

notice he passes when he starts to get pressed - when the player moves. takes courage to do that - but that's what top players (and there are a lot in the epl) do. its risky but its what ballers thrive on, being doubly draining psychologically on the presser who has just been totally bypassed.

not dier, hojberg, davies etc. who are too predictable with passing which leaves the recipient under a lot of pressure. modric and carrick were also very good in attracting pressure before passing. but so are porro, udogie, sarr and even giugielmo (loris was especially poor).

Takes one to know one? :p
Nope, I just watched him do this in front of the world 😬

Edit: sorry, I thought you were calling me a lunatic! Probably not wrong to be fair.

16714363859213.jpg

Last edited:
Emi Martinez. If that guy joined Spurs, Arsenal fans wouldnt wait until 90 mins to get onto the field to assault him. That guy has some premium beef with Arsenal after how they treated him. He and Romero in the same Spurs team - I can not and do not want to imagine that.

It's quite a big test for Romero tomorrow night.
He ruined our game vs Cheatski and got banned for 3 games, hampering us in those games too.
Then he committed a foul which 90% of viewers think was a red, which would have nobbled us for 4 more games. 8 games is more than a 5th of the season.
He is about to get a ban for too many yellows as well.
I would love it if he plays clean and doesn't get booked UNLESS NECESSARY tomorrow.

It's quite a big test for Romero tomorrow night.
He ruined our game vs Cheatski and got banned for 3 games, hampering us in those games too.
Then he committed a foul which 90% of viewers think was a red, which would have nobbled us for 4 more games. 8 games is more than a 5th of the season.
He is about to get a ban for too many yellows as well.
I would love it if he plays clean and doesn't get booked UNLESS NECESSARY tomorrow.

Ange says he knows what he needs to do, so lets see

Back