• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Ceballos

Really couldn't hurt to see him make the bench at the weekend can it?

He'll have to be on the bench I would have thought. Definite subs will be: Freidel, Caulker, Naughton/Benny, Livermore, THudd. Thats 5 but then assuming the followinare unavailable: Kaboul, Gallas, Sandro, Carroll, Lennon, Bale, Defoe....then I'm not sure who the final two subs would be!

My guess would be Ceballos and Coulthrist so that we have a balanced bench

he looks fit, is in form, he should be given a chance imo

We havent signed a back up for Lennon and Bale despite needing one for about 3 years. Yet whenever one of hem gets injured we look completely toothless. Incomprehensible

Not really, the problem is

- If you buy someone good enough to minimize the impact of Lennon/Bale being absent, then someone of the 3 is not going to play, and will be unhappy
- We are not City/Cheat$ki/Manure that can afford to pay "shut up" money (to sit on bench) and give them trophies even if they barely contributed

So do you buy someone who will never be good enough? look to youth team and juggle between loans and part time run outs?

- If you buy someone good enough to minimize the impact of Lennon/Bale being absent, then someone of the 3 is not going to play, and will be unhappy
- We are not City/Cheat$ki/Manure that can afford to pay "shut up" money (to sit on bench) and give them trophies even if they barely contributed

So do you buy someone who will never be good enough? look to youth team and juggle between loans and part time run outs?

Disagree. There was no reason the 3rd winger needed to be as good as Lennon and Bale - could have given selection problems as you say. But we could have bought a young player who isnt quite as good and who would be happy to start the lesser games and come off the bench in the PL. Take that Egyptian chap Salah last night - 20 years old, looked like he could have played on either flank; wouldnt have been unhappy being on our bench and playing Europa/domestic cup games plus covering for Lennon and Bale

It's sort of depressing that we have pacy attacking wingers who are ripping up the reserve league but instead of playing them when they are needed we are going to shoehorn other players into those positions and it's not going to work.

Why not give him a go, he's got first team experience from the league cup and the early stages of the Europa League.. Oh no, no he didn't, none of the youngsters got a look in this season.

AVB doesnt like to play kids. We'll play ade up top supported by Siggy, Dempsey and Holtby with parker and Dembele in CM

am so happy you and others see this. part of the annoying propaganda from people that threw diamonds at every little thing our coach did (which quite frankly is not a bad thing i see now in hindsight and also he is doing very well results wise ) was that he played kids alot and gave them alot of minutes where other coaches wouldnt. which personally i think was a complete tripe

there ARE talented players that we have but no one can know how well they will adapt in a pressure situation , we are in a pressure situation now with qualifying for things and i dont know how a young kids would work out right now

where is mason?coulibay? etc etc

am so happy you and others see this. part of the annoying propaganda from people that threw diamonds at every little thing our coach did (which quite frankly is not a bad thing i see now in hindsight and also he is doing very well results wise ) was that he played kids alot and gave them alot of minutes where other coaches wouldnt. which personally i think was a complete tripe

there ARE talented players that we have but no one can know how well they will adapt in a pressure situation , we are in a pressure situation now with qualifying for things and i dont know how a young kids would work out right now

He is not a young lad though he is twenty.

AS, he's played Carroll in a lot of situations where I think previous coaches wouldn't have. Naughton has also gotten a lot of time where you would not have expected it.

The problem with the "do we play young players", or even older players like Hudd, is we don't see what's on the training ground.

I dont think AVB has a hard on for pacey wingers in the same way the majority of this board has.

He wants to see something else rather than run with it, whip it in to the box (watch ade/defoe make an half arsed attempt to get on to it).

His use of Sigurdsson/Dempsey/Holtby/Dembele wide shows this. The only traditional winger he likes to use is lennon and he seems under orders to come inside and run at the centre more than he ever was.

I think you all are asking for a player in the squad that AVB has no intention of playing.

Why not give him a go, he's got first team experience from the league cup and the early stages of the Europa League.. Oh no, no he didn't, none of the youngsters got a look in this season.

I'll take the Europa League over pointlessly blooding youngsters.
Arsenal fans tossed themselves to sleep everynight years ago about their league cups youngsters. It didnt get them anywhere. 90% of them amounted to fudge all too.

The problem with that argument is that we already have that someone - he's called Andros Townsend and he's loaned to QPR :-k

I dont think AVB has a hard on for pacey wingers in the same way the majority of this board has.

He wants to see something else rather than run with it, whip it in to the box (watch ade/defoe make an half arsed attempt to get on to it).

His use of Sigurdsson/Dempsey/Holtby/Dembele wide shows this. The only traditional winger he likes to use is lennon and he seems under orders to come inside and run at the centre more than he ever was.

I think you all are asking for a player in the squad that AVB has no intention of playing.

Good point, and he didn't take long to shift Bale out from the wing either.....

Good point, and he didn't take long to shift Bale out from the wing either.....

We only have two traditional wingers

Lennon who plays every game he is fit in and Bale who has shifted inside to develop his game and because we rely on him to provide more goals (and inside gives him that opportunity.

Not sure how you could have watched Spurs this season and say (when everyone's fit) that AVB doesn't go for width and pace ...

So you say we only have two traditional wingers, one who thanks to AVB isn't a winger and Lennon who has come inside much more this season.

Your post hasn't done anything to suggest AVB likes his wingers to hug the touchline and cross the ball in?

Back