• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Creativity

What I'm trying to say is that creativity has to come either from skipp or Hojberg or their replacements in that side. As Ali's role with this set up is to be box to box. Be defensively sound but also attack the opposition area and score goals from midfield. Neither Skipp or Hojberg can do that, neither can anyone else in the squad (no one has the stamina)

In fairness I loved the way Hojberg was switching play and his more incisive passing against Watford. And I like of how Skipp has played (early days yet though). So maybe this trio is a work in progress.

Edit: and I actually think we did create chances against Watford we just didn't put them away (which will hopefully come in time.

Fair enough and i hope as a Spurs fan it works out for all of us. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: DTA
What I'm trying to say is that creativity has to come either from skipp or Hojberg or their replacements in that side. As Ali's role with this set up is to be box to box. Be defensively sound but also attack the opposition area and score goals from midfield. Neither Skipp or Hojberg can do that, neither can anyone else in the squad (no one has the stamina)

In fairness I loved the way Hojberg was switching play and his more incisive passing against Watford. And I like of how Skipp has played (early days yet though). So maybe this trio is a work in progress.

Edit: and I actually think we did create chances against Watford we just didn't put them away (which will hopefully come in time.

As you say, Dele appears to be there as a box to box player, that's his role and it covers aspects of the game that neither Skipp or Hojberg provide, they are essentially two players providing the same things, albeit one much more experienced/polished than the other and it'll be one of those (Skipp) who likely makes way for a creative player i would have thought.

Reactions: DTA
As you say, Dele appears to be there as a box to box player, that's his role and it covers aspects of the game that neither Skipp or Hojberg provide, they are essentially two players providing the same things, albeit one much more experienced/polished than the other and it'll be one of those (Skipp) who likely makes way for a creative player i would have thought.
What you have to take into account with any of this discussion is who Nuno has had available to him.

Dele has had to fill one of the CM roles as who else would. We are even having to use Skipp, a player a few months ago many people thought might be better going back to Norwich for another year

The team could look very different come the new year. Of course, the players with the shirt at the moment have it in their power to keep it.

Lo Celso and (as looks likely) Ndombele will want to be playing. Let's hope they do as we are left with Winks as the only option otherwise.

What you have to take into account with any of this discussion is who Nuno has had available to him.

Dele has had to fill one of the CM roles as who else would. We are even having to use Skipp, a player a few months ago many people thought might be better going back to Norwich for another year

The team could look very different come the new year. Of course, the players with the shirt at the moment have it in their power to keep it.

Lo Celso and (as looks likely) Ndombele will want to be playing. Let's hope they do as we are left with Winks as the only option otherwise.

Fair point, although we could have played 4231 as an alternative to having to play 3 CMs - so you could argue a preference has been shown there for the blend of players/options this set up gives.

From what i saw of GLC in the YT vids when he signed he was much more of a goal scoring midfielder than he was creative and from what we have seen during his time here is that he is also industrious/hard working - I can see him and Dele competing with each other for one spot in the middle 3, Skipp v Hojberg for another, leaving Ndombele unchallenged for the last remaining position (Winks as emergency cover)

Fair point, although we could have played 4231 as an alternative to having to play 3 CMs - so you could argue a preference has been shown there for the blend of players/options this set up gives.

From what i saw of GLC in the YT vids when he signed he was much more of a goal scoring midfielder than he was creative and from what we have seen during his time here is that he is also industrious/hard working - I can see him and Dele competing with each other for one spot in the middle 3, Skipp v Hojberg for another, leaving Ndombele unchallenged for the last remaining position (Winks as emergency cover)
Could have played a 4-2-3-1, but unless we played Lo Celso or Gil I don't quite see how that would give us more creativity. Alli further forward could give us more of that final third stuff he brings, but I don't think that's what we're talking about?

I think the choice to give the front three more freedom to attack with more limited defensive responsibility has been a fine decision. It's not enough long term, but short term for the situation we're in there's not a lot we could do differently I think.

, leaving Ndombele unchallenged for the last remaining position (Winks as emergency cover)
Maybe that's why Ndombele hasnt bothered putting any effort in .....place waiting for you, straight back in unchallenged:D

Seriously though, I think Nuno runs a fair ship, so Tanguy is going to have to go some to demand a start. Thats why the ECL games are good, a proper competitive game for someone to show their worth.

Maybe that's why Ndombele hasnt bothered putting any effort in .....place waiting for you, straight back in unchallenged:D

Seriously though, I think Nuno runs a fair ship, so Tanguy is going to have to go some to demand a start. Thats why the ECL games are good, a proper competitive game for someone to show their worth.

We will see, I think Ndombele got parked for the same reason as Kane (all fitness stories aside)

- I think for Nuno, if you are not 100% committed, you don't play, simple.
- With all the leaving/staying brick in the air, he wasn't going to play him.

I wouldn't be surprised once the window closes to see Ndombele back in right after international break.

We will see, I think Ndombele got parked for the same reason as Kane (all fitness stories aside)

I wouldn't be surprised once the window closes to see Ndombele back in right after international break.

Yep. The best players play, no way does Ndombele not make his quality show every day.

Fat and strong. It’s not always wrong.

Perhaps Nuno playing hard ball and having an either you're committed or you don't play attitude.

Perhaps also just an agreement or understanding between Nuno and Ndombele that the time wasn't right with him wanting out and the club looking for moves.

Hopefully there's a growing relationship between the two and a plan for his integration into the team. Impossible to know from the outside though.

Back