• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Creativity

We are still lacking a creative player in CM, i have no problem with Skipp and Hojberg playing as a pair but Alli is not the creative player we need in there. I hope Lo Celso gets up and running before too long or we bring in someone for the third player.

Ali will get 10 goals plus this season, if he keeps playing like he is. That's a massive threat to have from midfield. He is not the issue.

Ali will get 10 goals plus this season, if he keeps playing like he is. That's a massive threat to have from midfield. He is not the issue.
He’s not a threat really . He’s not the player to play at the point of our midfield.

He looks motivated and working hard but he just does not have the passing ability to play that role . Never has never will.He thrives on quick flicks and instinctive one touch passing. Get a lot of ball in that role and he lacks the guile on the ball when he has a bit more time.

He’s far more suited to playing off a striker in a 10 .

Not to say he can’t be utilised in another way but if we are to pursue the 3 in midfield he’s not our answer. In my opinion of course.

I think we will try to find an 18-21 year "potential" version of a player, it may take more than one window.

What's important is we seem well organized, coached and fit, the creativity when it is added will just be another piece.

I know we'll try to find one. Just hope we do and sign them.

I hope your right but i will not hold my breath. We shall see.
He’s not a threat really . He’s not the player to play at the point of our midfield.

He looks motivated and working hard but he just does not have the passing ability to play that role . Never has never will.He thrives on quick flicks and instinctive one touch passing. Get a lot of ball in that role and he lacks the guile on the ball when he has a bit more time.

He’s far more suited to playing off a striker in a 10 .

Not to say he can’t be utilised in another way but if we are to pursue the 3 in midfield he’s not our answer. In my opinion of course.

Watch the game again if you can watch the amount of runs he makes in to the box watch where he is when the ball is played in from the wings. If he can continue to make those runs and do his defense duties, he is going to asily score 10 goals.

The creative passing you are looking for is not his role in this side. That has to come from one of the two other midfielders.

Watch the game again if you can watch the amount of runs he makes in to the box watch where he is when the ball is played in from the wings. If he can continue to make those runs and do his defense duties, he is going to asily score 10 goals.

The creative passing you are looking for is not his role in this side. That has to come from one of the two other midfielders.

Yeah he wouldn't be the one i replace. Why i'd rather a carrick than sn eriksen. Someone deeper. Unless we found another gazza or scholes.

I don’t disagree regards his runs. That’s why he’s best suited to playing off a front man.

The problem is playing PEH and Skipp they are not going to offer enough in passing terms. So Dele gets sacrificed in my eyes as protecting our weak defence is a priority.

I don’t disagree regards his runs. That’s why he’s best suited to playing off a front man.

The problem is playing PEH and Skipp they are not going to offer enough in passing terms. So Dele gets sacrificed in my eyes as protecting our weak defence is a priority.

Agree with you 100%. Ideally we would have a Brozovic as one of two DM in front of our defence... hopefully Sarr will be that next season. So for this year, we have a bit of a conundrum with our current squad. We either sacrifice Dele for a more creative midfielder (such as Lo Celso or (whispering) Ndombele if he can be rehabilitated) or else play one DM and Dele + Lo Celso/Ndombele in front of him. I cannot honestly see Nuno going for this option so I suspect it will be Dele when we are playing the better teams and using the counter; and then Lo Celso (or maybe Bryan) when we are facing the likes of Watford and their bus.

Agree with you 100%. Ideally we would have a Brozovic as one of two DM in front of our defence... hopefully Sarr will be that next season. So for this year, we have a bit of a conundrum with our current squad. We either sacrifice Dele for a more creative midfielder (such as Lo Celso or (whispering) Ndombele if he can be rehabilitated) or else play one DM and Dele + Lo Celso/Ndombele in front of him. I cannot honestly see Nuno going for this option so I suspect it will be Dele when we are playing the better teams and using the counter; and then Lo Celso (or maybe Bryan) when we are facing the likes of Watford and their bus.

I don’t mind the two of PEH and Skipp for tougher games. But like you say against the others one has to give way against lower sides at home. I’d like to see Ndombele play there. We will have to accept he’s not going to do the graft required but he has an X factor and can pick a clever pass.

I think we will reintegrate tubby as no one will buy him
Then it’s down to him and Nuno to get his head right

I do understand your first point and do not really disagree however the bolded bit is the problem, imo our CM is lacking creative play and neither Hojberg or Skipp are in the side to provide that ( their strengths lie elsewhere). In you own words he is not the player to provide that creativity and we need a player in that CM that will provide it so where does that leave him?

I would like to see Bergwijn and GLC replaced asap.

I'm a big GLC fan but not so keen on Bergwijn. However, thought he was a real handful at times yesterday. Very tricky, rarely lost it and did very well for me. Worth a starting place and I'd initially thought he was lucky to be in over Moura. My first time seeing him in the flesh and was impressed by him. If he can add finishing to his game, he's well worth keeping.

I'm a big GLC fan but not so keen on Bergwijn. However, thought he was a real handful at times yesterday. Very tricky, rarely lost it and did very well for me. We Worth a starting place and I'd initially thought he was lucky to be in over Moura. My first time seeing him in the flesh and was impressed by him. If he can add finishing to his game, he's well worth keeping.
Both are not good enough. Spurs have persevered with them but times up.
Hopefully we can move them on over the next few windows.

I do understand your first point and do not really disagree however the bolded bit is the problem, imo our CM is lacking creative play and neither Hojberg or Skipp are in the side to provide that ( their strengths lie elsewhere). In you own words he is not the player to provide that creativity and we need a player in that CM that will provide it so where does that leave him?

What I'm trying to say is that creativity has to come either from skipp or Hojberg or their replacements in that side. As Ali's role with this set up is to be box to box. Be defensively sound but also attack the opposition area and score goals from midfield. Neither Skipp or Hojberg can do that, neither can anyone else in the squad (no one has the stamina)

In fairness I loved the way Hojberg was switching play and his more incisive passing against Watford. And I like of how Skipp has played (early days yet though). So maybe this trio is a work in progress.

Edit: and I actually think we did create chances against Watford we just didn't put them away (which will hopefully come in time.

I'm a big GLC fan but not so keen on Bergwijn. However, thought he was a real handful at times yesterday. Very tricky, rarely lost it and did very well for me. Worth a starting place and I'd initially thought he was lucky to be in over Moura. My first time seeing him in the flesh and was impressed by him. If he can add finishing to his game, he's well worth keeping.

Bergwijn has massively improved under Nuno, even with the lack of creativity feeding him from midfield, it would be very hard to get a better player in his position (we have one btw, it's Son) for anything short of crazy money.

As seems to be the case on this board, people are always eager to replace non priority positions. Bergwijn, Lucas, Dele, Lo Celso, even Ndombele are good enough players, the issue with the squad right now comes down to balance in the midfield 3, do we have the potential for it or do we need to supplement with another player type (vs. like for like)

Back