• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What from China? Vaccine? I'm referring to the vaccine outside of China. With China lifting restrictions it's created a new Petridish for spread and mutation.
Should be fine. But worth keeping an eye on.

I meant we'll never find out from china proper numbers of deaths.
They have their own vaccine. Which last i heard was 70% effective, compared to over 90% for pfizer. Due to the one child rule they have a old population aswell.
The ifr for omicron is less than for the original or delta but they could be in for some pain.

I meant we'll never find out from china proper numbers of deaths.
They have their own vaccine. Which last i heard was 70% effective, compared to over 90% for pfizer. Due to the one child rule they have a old population aswell.
The ifr for omicron is less than for the original or delta but they could be in for some pain.
Ash far as China goes, we won't, for sure.
I'm referring to the world and any spread that comes from China lifting their restrictions.

I dont see that. The rest of the world have had 3 years of exposure and resistance building. China are now the Incas to the rest of the world's Spanish

And the world as many of us predicted has it new battles to overcome which are the long backlog of treatment. Even Whitty has come out and said the focus should now be to get people treatment for other illnessess which occurred or were exasperated because of lack of NHS access and lockdown.

I don't see any return to totalitarian rule on Covid in this country

And the world as many of us predicted has it new battles to overcome which are the long backlog of treatment. Even Whitty has come out and said the focus should now be to get people treatment for other illnessess which occurred or were exasperated because of lack of NHS access and lockdown.

Let’s not forget that there was a massive NHS backlog pre-covid.

Hopefully that conversation isn't needed and the vaccines do what's needed or a new one is created quickly if this development in China sparks a significant mutation and spread.
Fingers crossed it won't, obviously.

Hopefully that conversation isn't needed and the vaccines do what's needed or a new one is created quickly if this development in China sparks a significant mutation and spread.
Fingers crossed it won't, obviously.

Absolutely. Working with the PL on their Covid protocols we worked with PHE and a private company who basically presented that it's likely that now the UK has a natural immunity as statisicaly based on contagiousness, everyone has either had Covid, has natural immunity and or has the vaccine.

Likely to take alot to shift the needle back to where we were TBH

I had my 2nd Covid infection 3 weeks go, was so much milder than the first.
A week or 2 later get hit by a form of “man flu” ie not Covid nor Influenza, and it’s kicked the brick out of me and my lungs and was much nastier. When in 6 months they say “virus x” was in the country Dec 22, I’ll know I’ve had it!

A week or 2 later get hit by a form of “man flu” ie not Covid nor Influenza, and it’s kicked the brick out of me and my lungs and was much nastier. When in 6 months they say “virus x” was in the country Dec 22, I’ll know I’ve had it!
Had something similar a few months ago. It felt like covid,but the home test showed negative - I'm assuming it was covid in some form, but outside of the scope of the test.
Wiped me out for a week and a half.

I've had the same, went to my folks and one morning had a turn after feeling fine, temperature and cough for a week, was horrendous

Saw non-covid lurgy trending after i posted this! Still got a brick cough and that's been 10 days. at least had it before Christmas itself!

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad tidings but I got what I assume was this same thing in mid October and I’m still coughing now! Turned into a chest infection so got antibiotics which really helped but it’s still not quite gone. Whatever it is, it’s persistent and hard to shift.

Not wanting to be the bearer of bad tidings but I got what I assume was this same thing in mid October and I’m still coughing now! Turned into a chest infection so got antibiotics which really helped but it’s still not quite gone. Whatever it is, it’s persistent and hard to shift.

Exactly the same, I ended up getting 500mg of Co-Amoxiclav from Dr as he said was severe infection and it still isn't gone weeks later

Oh poop! Yes will an eye on it as I’m asthmatic. I do have an emergency ration of antibiotics and prednisolone

Found this interesting. Maybe germany didn't handle the pandemic as well as we were led to believe.

View attachment 14824

The post Pandemic stats are hugely interesting, China stopped reporting deaths and the WHO, not that I truly trust them, say likely more a million in that time.

They are also saying that 5 countries stats make up nearly 90% of the world's deaths, basically saying that others are either no accurately reporting, can't accurately report or lying

Been reading loads on Sweden different dynamic to other countries as it should be, but they called their actions spot on TBH. Aided hugely by years of better investment in their health care system as it was and lower obesity rates. But they knew for them that there is a line where death lurks behind every door not just Covid and their line was in a different place to the rest of Europe.

Back