• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Deaths might start dropping even more soon too - Delta infections have dropped by 50% in London this week, as it's been replaced by omicron

Hopefully. Where i live in camden (one of the first areas to record omicron) cases went from an average of 40 a day to 240 on dec 13th (last day i could get a number for). But hospitalisations have fallen this week. Only one area and i know others have seen rises. But since it's where i live i'll take it.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s so serious, a circuit breaker is needed. However, it’s not so serious that we can still allow you to have your Christmas first and then worry about implementing it….

It's the need for perception of control. They've not really learnt the Canute lesson about the use of shouting at waves. (By the way I always think Canute gets a bad press - he was knowingly demonstrating the folly, rather than genuinely attempting that act)

Agreed . Can’t see people standing for it.

Pubs around us are already noticeably much quieter. The one my daughter works in when home from university (usually the most popular one in the area) has one table booking for Christmas Eve afternoon (us!). I went to do my Christmas booze shop on Thursday afternoon - town near us was very quiet and Tesco’s was dead.

I think plenty of people are already significantly reducing their social contacts.

Pubs around us are already noticeably much quieter. The one my daughter works in when home from university (usually the most popular one in the area) has one table booking for Christmas Eve afternoon (us!). I went to do my Christmas booze shop on Thursday afternoon - town near us was very quiet and Tesco’s was dead.

I think plenty of people are already significantly reducing their social contacts.

Seems to be a generational thing. Suburban areas and daytimes are quiet, but there were still queues to get into city centre pubs last night and nightclubs were full of 'panic partying'

Certainly was busy yesterday evening out and about . Done my weekly shop and the supermarket was packed. I shop Friday evening as it’s normally empty.

Pubs were pretty normal by me as well.

I live in a university city and it was last day of term, so there were students out everywhere. Also the traditional Black Eye Friday (last payday before xmas for manual/weekly paid workers) crowd were still out.

Seems to be a generational thing. Suburban areas and daytimes are quiet, but there were still queues to get into city centre pubs last night and nightclubs were full of 'panic partying'

Could be. I live in Dorset, which is basically a huge retirement home.

Two weeks my arse. They can stick it. They will not be able to repeal the lockdown until July.

Make yourselves heard now.

There's also the issue that there's no way out of this. Everyone is vaxed up to their eyeballs, which wasn't the case 1 or 2 years ago. There's literally no where else to go, other than keep topping up exposure-driven resistance and treat any that get serious illness.

If we go into lockdown after dishing out 123m jabs, then we might as well give up
We're done !!
Two weeks to get the rest of the jabs in makes sense.
This is just the next phase - we'll probably have a few more new variants over the next year or two with the need for quick roll outs and maybe a very short lockdown.
In theory the severity of the virus should settle down as it mutates and as the world gets vaxxed - we have to remember we are far ahead of most of the world, but don't get the western world privilege as much as we used to because covid doesn't care about borders.
But it's definitely getting a lot better.

Back