• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

As much as 2020 was a bad year for many people, thankfully I wasn't one of them. Yes, lockdowns and social restrictions mostly shut down my work as a photographer of people - sports, business, events, tourism. But when I was able to work, back in July, August and September, business was booming.

Now, as a second wave has rolled through the winter months, there are minimal opportunities for work. But what's filling the gap are payments from competing levels of Canadian government. We have - as their names clearly imply - a Liberal party federal government and a Conservative party provincial government. They both want our votes in the next elections for both levels of government.

How they gonna get those? Mm-hmm. M-O-N-E-Y.

The federal government has rolled out a seamless and effortless program to provide Covid relief to those of us who are self employed. $2,000 a month and it's direct deposit to the personal bank account. Now, the provincial gubmint is offering some serious cash to compensate small business adversely affected by the virus. They're offering tax free grants of $20,000 and my incorporated small business fully qualifies.

I know this can't go on forever, but, between what's already in hand and what's due to arrive through the next 6 months, I will not only have a sufficient cushion to stay viable for at least two years, when vaccinations should bring everything closer to normal, but also a budget for promotional and marketing purposes.

And there has scarcely been the slightest disagreement between the ruling parties at the two different levels. This is how responsible governments deal with a pandemic. Never done this before, but I will vote for both political parties when the respective elections come up.

You’ve just proven Care Bear World actually exists.

Hardly the last hurrah - I was very clear when places like Korea were successfully tracking the movements of their population that it wasn't something I (and hopefully the general public) would accept.

I think most opponents of it have been fairly clear on that. If the govt introduces it, I might start manufacturing signal proof bags for phones.

Last hoorah in the sense that all the other anti lockdown reasons that were pushed are now clearly wrong. You probably couldn't have known at the time. But this last civil liberties crap is all that people on that side of the fence have left IMO.

What like the Manufacturers are recommending?

I think that’s what he’s saying.

If sage (openly pushed by JVT/Vallance) are saying 1 dose and a longer gap to the 2nd and the gov say no, we will stick to the 2 doses as instructed they would be called murderers for not vaccinating more with half and a delay.

I can’t see the logic in going against the vaccines instructions on a whim and not a lot of data, it seems a risk not worth taking.

so i know someone (in their 30s, no medical concerns) who's brother in law is a doctor and they're getting their SECOND jab on friday next week.

Pretty fudged off if i'm honest. I know this person well, extended family, but like, what a fudging joke. My mum and dad in their 60s, diabetes, generally poor health, still nothing.

And this person's getting their second fudging jab, when there's old biddies who still haven't had one. Absolute fudging joke.

so i know someone (in their 30s, no medical concerns) who's brother in law is a doctor and they're getting their SECOND jab on friday next week.

Pretty fudged off if i'm honest. I know this person well, extended family, but like, what a fudging joke. My mum and dad in their 60s, diabetes, generally poor health, still nothing.

And this person's getting their second fudging jab, when there's old biddies who still haven't had one. Absolute fudging joke.
Totally wrong but always going to be cases like this

I think that’s what he’s saying.

If sage (openly pushed by JVT/Vallance) are saying 1 dose and a longer gap to the 2nd and the gov say no, we will stick to the 2 doses as instructed they would be called murderers for not vaccinating more with half and a delay.

I can’t see the logic in going against the vaccines instructions on a whim and not a lot of data, it seems a risk not worth taking.
And that's why it feels political.
Probably the answer to a ministerial comment to "look at ways we can vaccinate as many people as possible".

It's actually a good strategy IF things go badly with vaccine supply & rollout worldwide across this year - which is very likely.
I think it's likely this govt would have chosen whichever makes the best headline though.
IF extending the time between doses causes issues though, it will have been a disaster.

Back