• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I feel today is a big day.

Manchester are telling the Gov to suck a dingdong

it’s sage as well, they point blank refuse to listen to anything else.

Because Burnhams amongst people and sees the devastation, you can't pull wool over his eyes

What's interesting is this stand off is 11days old, surely if the damage is catastrophic we would have seen it in delays to this lockdown? Covid hasnt just waited 11 days to do its worst

I saw a tweet a few days ago and it was of someone who loved in Sweden (Stockholm, or Gothernburg i can't remember but it was definitely one of the big cities) and they showed themselves in a video walking through the town and getting onto public transport.
Everything was normal and not a mask in sight.

Meanwhile in UK and Ireland.....

I saw a tweet a few days ago and it was of someone who loved in Sweden (Stockholm, or Gothernburg i can't remember but it was definitely one of the big cities) and they showed themselves in a video walking through the town and getting onto public transport.
Everything was normal and not a mask in sight.

Meanwhile in UK and Ireland.....

Probably because their government have laid out a consistent and understandable plan? That and their populace aren't renowned for a culture of entitled petulance.

Probably because their government have laid out a consistent and understandable plan? That and their populace aren't renowned for a culture of entitled petulance.

Yeah, they didn't lockdown and decided to manage the risk as best as possible (like is done generally for most other viruses). Interestingly, their equivalent of SAGE are apparently much more autonomous with Public Health policy and the virologists amongst said group have been more front and centre of their 'pandemic management'.

I'd say one thing they seem to do badly with was their old people's care homes (but then who has?)

The Manchester situation is insane really. Turned down the deal to lockdown, going to be forced into it and be given 30m less than offered in deal. That just makes is sound like bullying.

Its like a game show, you have your lockdown thats safe but you risk the high money but might walk away with BFH.....

Thats the one part this announcement is right on, people need to stop using a lack of restrictions as a reason to go into carehomes and see relatives which ultimately ignores the glaring facts about where most deaths happen.

241 deaths... isn't that a big jump?? was like 80 yesterday?

How many of those died with a positive Covid PCR test (which is itself known to be not very accurate) even though they died of Cancer, a heart attack, from a road traffic accident etc?

If you have a positive covid PCR test (which as i've mentioned, isn't very accurate) within 28 days of your date of death you are put down as a covid death, even though you might have died because of a very bad stroke etc...

Once you look at it that way, you start to see how much might be hysteria

Thats the one part this announcement is right on, people need to stop using a lack of restrictions as a reason to go into carehomes and see relatives which ultimately ignores the glaring facts about where most deaths happen.

I think the bigger issue that needs to be resolved is going into carehomes but with the correct infection control measures.
Our elderly need to have some contact; just needs to be safe (and we also need to be aware of not counting deaths from other causes as being simply 'covid' just because..)

Last edited:
I think the bigger issue that needs to be resolved is going into carehomes but with the correct infection control measures.
Our elderly need to have some contact; just needs to be safe (and we also need to be aware of not counting deaths from other causes as being simply 'covid' just because..)

And be aware - More testing - More cases who knew

How can we shield the elderly and the high risk? You would also need to shield the shielders, the nurses, therapists, porters, cooks and cleaners too. Some people have really got no fudging idea!
What a rude post.
Care homes absolutely can be shielded via focussed testing and preventative measures on them/staff. It is easier to shield a care home than care for 200 Covid cases in a hospital. There is money and personnel if there is a will to achieve it.

Back