• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

Fully agree
i just dint think Todd and the gang will get or accept that
they have already reinvented a few things
amortisation
sponsorship for films (see last week)
Spending a £B and not buying a striker
paying More than a buy out clause to secure their man
they are really odd now

No, I actually think they let PL know early (again, unlike City they have cooperated), they probably have accounted for any fines/points deductions.

I'm sure they will play it for a slightly reduced punishment but there has to be a response, otherwise too easy to play out of bounds and just switch owners every three years

No, I actually think they let PL know early (again, unlike City they have cooperated), they probably have accounted for any fines/points deductions.

I'm sure they will play it for a slightly reduced punishment but there has to be a response, otherwise too easy to play out of bounds and just switch owners every three years
There are many ways clubs have manipulated things

They still have 11 days to try and sell Broja for that 50m asking price to ease their financial situation!!

Don't think it's a case of either or. Play different positions and nusa will probably stay on loan anyway. Gallagher would be a hojbjerg replacement.
Could be either or from a financial perspective. Or at least from a "what we can do without selling anyone".

But could also just be that we're working on something else and if something is too happen with Gallagher it will be towards the end of the window.

Could be either or from a financial perspective. Or at least from a "what we can do without selling anyone".

But could also just be that we're working on something else and if something is too happen with Gallagher it will be towards the end of the window.

Though in theory they'd probably be replacing all 4 of Gil, Solomon, Hojbjerg and Skipp; all of whom we'd get a fee for and 2 of whom cost us nothing.

Though in theory they'd probably be replacing all 4 of Gil, Solomon, Hojbjerg and Skipp; all of whom we'd get a fee for and 2 of whom cost us nothing.
"We'd get a fee for", but would we in January? And would we get a fee we'd be ok with selling for?

In theory I think they would replace two players, but other players potentially replace the others in theory. In reality those players are still here and may still be important players of course.

"We'd get a fee for", but would we in January? And would we get a fee we'd be ok with selling for?

In theory I think they would replace two players, but other players potentially replace the others in theory. In reality those players are still here and may still be important players of course.
I think we need to move to a squad of 22 usable players, rather than a squad of about 35 of whom only about 17 seem usable. We're heading in the right direction with this but we're still weighted to quantity over quality

I think we need to move to a squad of 22 usable players, rather than a squad of about 35 of whom only about 17 seem usable. We're heading in the right direction with this but we're still weighted to quantity over quality
I mostly agree. But I think it's more a case of Sarr for example having already overtaken Skipp/Hojbjerg for example, rather than a new signing potentially replacing both.

On Solomon let's see what happens. He's barely played for us so far.

I mostly agree. But I think it's more a case of Sarr for example having already overtaken Skipp/Hojbjerg for example, rather than a new signing potentially replacing both.

On Solomon let's see what happens. He's barely played for us so far.
I would say its more thinking - we need 4 top CMs. We have Bentancur, Bissouma and Sarr. We get a 4th and then clear the rest. Similarly Son and Nusa for LWF would mean Gil and Solomon have to go.

Obviously that doesnt include academy prospects making up the 3rd choices.

But the best squads tend to be tight 22 man ones, not bloated 30+ man ones with hoarded players.

I would say its more thinking - we need 4 top CMs. We have Bentancur, Bissouma and Sarr. We get a 4th and then clear the rest. Similarly Son and Nusa for LWF would mean Gil and Solomon have to go.

Obviously that doesnt include academy prospects making up the 3rd choices.

But the best squads tend to be tight 22 man ones, not bloated 30+ man ones with hoarded players.
Yeah, I agree with that.

I think there's room there for a utility player or two as third choice for a couple of positions where there aren't academy prospects ready for that role. If players are happy enough with that role and do a decent job when called upon.

I also still think of Son as a striker, or at the very least that's an option we have.

We agree that a bloated squad isn't a good thing. But I also don't think it has to be strictly a tight 22, more thereabouts.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I think there's room there for a utility player or two as third choice for a couple of positions where there aren't academy prospects ready for that role. If players are happy enough with that role and do a decent job when called upon.

I also still think of Son as a striker, or at the very least that's an option we have.

We agree that a bloated squad isn't a good thing. But I also don't think it has to be strictly a tight 22, more thereabouts.
With our injury record, we'd probably need closer to a tight 44 man squad to cope.

Yeah, I agree with that.

22 players as part of a 2 x XI, then 3 utility players, along the lines of Skipp & Solomon atm

Conor Gallagher: Spurs could make late approach for Chelsea midfielder​

Chelsea willing to sell 23-year-old for right price this month, with Spurs keen to offload Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg if they sign Gallagher

Tottenham Hotspur are seriously considering a renewed approach for Conor Gallagher — having initially tried to sign the Chelsea midfielder last summer.

Chelsea are willing to selling the academy graduate, who has 18 months remaining on his contract, for the right price. They wanted £50 million last summer for Gallagher and Spurs baulked at that valuation.

As a homegrown product, the sale of Gallagher would count as pure profit for Todd Boehly’s free-spending Chelsea as they try to stay within Financial Fair Play limits. Chelsea also rejected a £42 million offer from West Ham United last summer for the 23-year-old, who has 11 England caps.

Under Mauricio Pochettino, Gallagher has been a key cog for Chelsea this season and has captained the side on occasion. Spurs’ interest in Gallagher is long-standing and they could then offload Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, the midfielder who has rejected a move to Lyon. Hojbjerg’s lawyer Lars Halgreen has, however, said the Dane has no intention of leaving this month. Hojbjerg’s proposed move to Atletico Madrid last summer collapsed when the deal ran out of time.

“The player never asked to leave now,” Halgreen said. “He’s very ambitious for Tottenham and Denmark, [and] continuing to keep improving himself, like he did all his career. His only focus is Tottenham to finish the season well and to help as much as possible.”

Hojbjerg knows the relentless pace of Angeball will mean he'll inevitably get plenty of opportunities to play. So why up stumps for a new club and an unknown situation when he's comfortable, settled and up to speed on what his team mates can do and what Ange wants.

I'd do the same in his situation. Sort it out after the season.

Back