• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

It's 100% worth factoring in their finances before buying. As others have said there are next to zero buyers in the room for £50m players, so it's not like there is great competition.

Obviously they could be bailed out by some back door Saudi payment/purchase/arrangement BUT if they have a 30th June deadline and their finances are in a mess and that could result in a 10pt penalty (for example)...you let that date pass 100%.
They are a rival, might not feel like that now, but they have potential to rise back up...so chop them off at the knees if given the chance.

If we want Gallagher...we can still buy him after that date...it's not time (or position) critical for us.
Saudi buyers ain’t buying any British players imo and there the ones Chelsea need to sell for book value

Further to this. As it's down to amortisation and wages. Unless they cut both. They'll be in the same position each window. We can pick them clean.
They have massively fudged up on that front
I don’t get the Broja loan deal
For a team with no strikers to loan out their strikers… to get a small fee
Just daft

How do you factor in that if you don't buy nobody else will? It's an unknown.

We should just make the best deal we can. Levy loves these types of deals. Leeds we got lennon, robinson and keane on the cheap. Plenty of other examples too.
Obviously you can't...but you can have an educated guess. There has been no noise from any other club. And if another club steps in, it doesn't bar us from still making a move.

Plus we can wheel to the summer with the CMs we've got so no urgency.

And let's be honest he's not exactly gonna be cheap.

Obviously you can't...but you can have an educated guess. There has been no noise from any other club. And if another club steps in, it doesn't bar us from still making a move.

I'd honestly rather not. Not for anything like 50m, he's a decent player and would deffo get minutes but it's the HG factor that is pushing his value to 50m. He's not a 50m CM or AM under any other conditions.

Then just a bid that's right for you. They accept it or don't.

Then just a bid that's right for you. They accept it or don't.
But my original main point was not to bid, and by continuation, help them out, if they are staring down the barrel of ffp (or whatever it's called these days,).

Tbh I don't think we even want him this window anyway.

But my original main point was not to bid, and by continuation, help them out, if they are staring down the barrel of ffp (or whatever it's called these days,).

I think you bid some large amount that Cheatski get excited about like £40m and think we've saved them from the FFP axe. But then you slowly reveal the conditions attached e.g. 40 payments of £1m, one every year, also dependent on Gallagher winning a trophy each year etc etc and crush their hopes

I think you bid some large amount that Cheatski get excited about like £40m and think we've saved them from the FFP axe. But then you slowly reveal the conditions attached e.g. 40 payments of £1m, one every year, also dependent on Gallagher winning a trophy each year etc etc and crush their hopes
Ah Mr. Levy. You have kept your identity here hidden for so long.

nah, pretend you are all in, then don't do the paperwork

If you could guarantee they'd fail ffp i'd be 100% with you. But what about if they just sell him to someone else. Or sell someone else andpass ffp? We miss out.

Back