• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Climate Change

Our only way out of this hole is technology. We’re not going to do anything about climate change let’s be honest. Has any country actually done anything after the last meeting between the big nations? If technology doesn’t save us then nothing will.
If you are alluding to the fact that humanity is more or less doom-scrolling itself into extinction and will barely change a single thing they are doing to save themselves and their kids from a horrifying death, then yes we are probably doomed. What you are describing is just another form of saviour syndrome.

Last edited:
Or he could pay his workers a living wage, holiday and sick pay and taxes in countries they operate in. Absolute joke they spend decades using every trick to make as much money as possible then decide they'll give it away cause they have too much.
Yes I agree with you on all that. Effective altruism is just another soul salving tax-avoiding con which tickles their ego glands. The Sacklers sponsoring museums is another good example

Yes I agree with you on all that. Effective altruism is just another soul salving tax-avoiding con which tickles their ego glands. The Sacklers sponsoring museums is another good example

Or the charity their wife just happens to run and gets a huge bonus to her pension pot.

LOL 'n.ail on the h.ead' autocorrects to 'tickle my balls with a feather.'

Yeah not sure what conversation they thought that would come up in that would tinkle off advertisers. Although there are a few posters in here that might make it weird.

Yeah not sure what conversation they thought that would come up in that would tinkle off advertisers. Although there are a few posters in here that might make it weird.
You can turn it off if you want the unfiltered experience. It is not for the faint-hearted though.

If you are alluding to the fact that humanity is more or less doom-scrolling itself into extinction and will barely change a single thing they are doing to save themselves and their kids from a horrifying death, then yes we are probably doomed. What you are describing is just another form of saviour syndrome.

Yeah I don’t think we will get out of this by guilting into each other into taking action. People talk a big game but when it comes down to it, who is going to take fewer flights and eat less red meat? Not many people I would bet. There are outliers like Greta Thunberg who lead by example but people are selfish and will just use up the resources we have until they’re gone.

Yeah I don’t think we will get out of this by guilting into each other into taking action. People talk a big game but when it comes down to it, who is going to take fewer flights and eat less red meat? Not many people I would bet. There are outliers like Greta Thunberg who lead by example but people are selfish and will just use up the resources we have until they’re gone.

I read a sad stat earlier (USA) that 60% of people surveyed don't think climate change will affect them. Deluded.

Guilt is not enough and it certainly hasn't worked to date. Better messaging or a different tone? This is another ridiculous exercise that has already failed. Warnings of looming destruction and the death of everything you know or love should be enough but nope, not enough. I'm sad to say but it is going to take some sort of catastrophic event to convince some folks to change. And unfortunately, by then it will be too late to do anything about it.

A carbon tax seems the way forward for me. Will incentivise big business to find alternatives. See that there are findings that mixing seaweed with animal feed cuts cows farting. Economies of scale for hydrogen etc... would bring the costs down massively.
Cutting subsidies for fossil fuels would also help.

Back