• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Poch should be fined if he ever subs him again. Quite simply the only outfield player we have that is even remotely close to world class. He has a bad game and still scores a great goal plus another composed finish. Him and Chadli are the only success stories from the money we spent from Bale.

Poch should be fined if he ever subs him again. Quite simply the only outfield player we have that is even remotely close to world class. He has a bad game and still scores a great goal plus another composed finish. Him and Chadli are the only success stories from the money we spent from Bale.

When was the last time Eriksen was subbed in a situation where it wasn't just to rest him?

After Eriksen adapted to what Poch wants and started working harder, seemingly increasing his fitness levels to be able to make more of an impact late in games as well, I can't think of a single time he's been subbed when we've needed a goal...

We'll never know exactly what helped and what didn't help Eriksen adjust from the player he was last season to the player he's become under Poch. But it's not exactly unthinkable that being subbed when not having fitness levels to regularly impact games late on or when not putting in the consistent effort Poch wants helped him understand and get motivated to adjust and adapt.

When was the last time Eriksen was subbed in a situation where it wasn't just to rest him?

After Eriksen adapted to what Poch wants and started working harder, seemingly increasing his fitness levels to be able to make more of an impact late in games as well, I can't think of a single time he's been subbed when we've needed a goal...

We'll never know exactly what helped and what didn't help Eriksen adjust from the player he was last season to the player he's become under Poch. But it's not exactly unthinkable that being subbed when not having fitness levels to regularly impact games late on or when not putting in the consistent effort Poch wants helped him understand and get motivated to adjust and adapt.

Goes back a while. Seem to remember him getting subbed two weeks in a row, Stoke and Villa. It was more for future performances to be honest.

Goes back a while. Seem to remember him getting subbed two weeks in a row, Stoke and Villa. It was more for future performances to be honest.

You make it out like Poch is guilty of some great unjustice, when really I see no reason to think so at all. Like or dislike his decisions at the time his approach seems to have gotten a new level out of Eriksen and it seems really harsh to come down on Poch for those decisions at this point in time. I think it's fair to assume that if in the future he subs Eriksen he will likewise have reasons behind his decisions and just perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt?

You make it out like Poch is guilty of some great unjustice, when really I see no reason to think so at all. Like or dislike his decisions at the time his approach seems to have gotten a new level out of Eriksen and it seems really harsh to come down on Poch for those decisions at this point in time. I think it's fair to assume that if in the future he subs Eriksen he will likewise have reasons behind his decisions and just perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt?

Did you not read the end of the post? I said it was more of a comment towards future games.

As for the last part of your post, no there isn't a good reason to sub him, we don't have the luxury to sub him when Kane is really the only other player in the squad capable of match winning performances.

Did you not read the end of the post? I said it was more of a comment towards future games.

As for the last part of your post, no there isn't a good reason to sub him, we don't have the luxury to sub him when Kane is really the only other player in the squad capable of match winning performances.

Yes I read it, but it's obviously something you're talking about because Poch subbed him earlier in the season is it not? "...if he ever subs him again" IIRC you complained about it then and have since done the same and now you continue... Like I said I think that's really unfair when we're at the point where we're seeing his methods work.

Just because you don't see a good reason to sub him doesn't mean there never is one. Just like you didn't think there was reason to in the past, but perhaps there was. All I'm saying is that perhaps, just perhaps, Pochettino deserves getting at least a slight benefit of the doubt on stuff like that. Seems much more fair and appreciative to me.

Yes I read it, but it's obviously something you're talking about because Poch subbed him earlier in the season is it not? "...if he ever subs him again" IIRC you complained about it then and have since done the same and now you continue... Like I said I think that's really unfair when we're at the point where we're seeing his methods work.

Just because you don't see a good reason to sub him doesn't mean there never is one. Just like you didn't think there was reason to in the past, but perhaps there was. All I'm saying is that perhaps, just perhaps, Pochettino deserves getting at least a slight benefit of the doubt on stuff like that. Seems much more fair and appreciative to me.

Eriksen is not as good as Bale, but to me, it would be like AVB subbing Bale during his first season. Unless someone else steps up and helps him and Kane out and shares the load goalscoring wise, I don't see a good reason for subbing him.

Eriksen is not as good as Bale, but to me, it would be like AVB subbing Bale during his first season. Unless someone else steps up and helps him and Kane out and shares the load goalscoring wise, I don't see a good reason for subbing him.

Very different type of player, but make no mistake, Eriksen is (outside of Lloris) is our World Class potential, the next club record sell in 2-3 seasons

Very different type of player, but make no mistake, Eriksen is (outside of Lloris) is our World Class potential, the next club record sell in 2-3 seasons

I think you can add Bentaleb to that in his position over the next 3-4 years. He will become an absolute MASTER of midfield, and I genuinely believe he will become our future skipper if all goes to plan. I am hoping that the joy and hunger of success coincides with the new stadium coincides with possibly our first generation of legendary trophy winners since the 80s...which would mean we can keep them...delighted with Eriksen's own hard-work earlier in the season. I questioned whether he wanted it enough and openly hoped he would take it on. He did. And has. Well DONE that (young) man...

2dqlyzl.jpg

They don't get on apparently.

He works so hard to get back into his position to keep the shape. He is running a lot and his end product is sublime. Ridiculously calm for the second goal last night.

I finally think he's better in the middle then on the left.
He got Bale levels of stick last night during the game in the omt. People expect him constantly creating chances even though he was doing a defensive job tracking back most of the game.

Anybody has info how many free-kick goals has he scored for Spurs? And how many of them has Bale scored?
I have a feeling Eriksen has overcome Bale in this component already .

I love both goals.

The free-kick goal - At the time, I thought the ball had hit the bar and gone over!
The second was so , 'don't worry, I got it , I'm Christian Eriksen' .

Back