• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen is a really good player, but playing him out wide is not a good option, at least not vs teams that have good wide attacking players. He's really really crap at defending. VdV crap really. Rose did well as he had pretty much no help from Eriksen. He isn't good at tracking back and leaves us exposed. I'd rather have him in the middle.

He is badly struggling for form so far this season. But Pochettino is not helping him at all by replacing him early in the second half of every match. I think this is affecting his confidence as he always seems to be down when being replaced. He is our only player who can score direct from freekicks. So we should play him as long as possible.

He is badly struggling for form so far this season. But Pochettino is not helping him at all by replacing him early in the second half of every match. I think this is affecting his confidence as he always seems to be down when being replaced. He is our only player who can score direct from freekicks. So we should play him as long as possible.

Although his confidence may suffer this was the correct sub. He wasn't playing well and he got the hook correctly IMO.

No you shouldnt, sometimes a player out of form needs to be taken out of the firing line. Besides to keep someone in the team who has been out of form for a while isn't good for squad morale, and he's nowhere near the 'untouchable' bracket yet...

TBF the whole team collapsed back and none of them looked that good. He did however do his defensive duties and start a couple of blistering counter attacks.

@OptaJoe: 3 - Christian Eriksen (three) has scored more Premier League goals against Southampton than any other team. Marching.

[vine]OKhPEHggg1H[/vine]

The front 4 all seem to be after about 65 mins. As currently we are not playing a high backline and pressing, the front 4 cover a lot of ground, often sprinting to close down the ball. I think in time Poch will have us playing a higher line, compacting the playing area.

The guy looked real ****ed after the game.. Have he been subbed in every game this season?

Wet Spam: 90 minutes
QPR: 90mins
Liverpool: 58mins
Sunderland: 85mins
West Brom: 90mins
ARSEnal: 61mins
Southampton: 81mins

Dunno what Eriksen got up to over the summer as I don't recall him struggling to complete 90mins last season. Perhaps just doing more pressing than he is used to, as SpursMeUp says.

I think he's working hard.

If we expect him to be a Modric type, always in the game and trying to dictate it, we'll be disappointed in my opinion. He is an impact player, he'll do something decisive and create or score, but spend large parts of the game on the edge of the play. He's doing his bit with the pressing though, we can't ask much more than what he gave us today.

I think, for certain games like maybe our next league game (City away) we might have to leave him out. Poch does have some options now with this squad. You'd think we will set up differently for City, because they will thump us if we are anything other than very cautious.

The front 4 all seem to be after about 65 mins. As currently we are not playing a high backline and pressing, the front 4 cover a lot of ground, often sprinting to close down the ball. I think in time Poch will have us playing a higher line, compacting the playing area.

Our central defenders do not have blistering pace so playing a high line has consequences

Wet Spam: 90 minutes
QPR: 90mins
Liverpool: 58mins
Sunderland: 85mins
West Brom: 90mins
ARSEnal: 61mins
Southampton: 81mins

Dunno what Eriksen got up to over the summer as I don't recall him struggling to complete 90mins last season. Perhaps just doing more pressing than he is used to, as SpursMeUp says.

He's done so much more pressing and defensive work this season than last.

Our central defenders do not have blistering pace so playing a high line has consequences

Yeah. You can see why Poch is playing this way. But maybe we need to be selective when the front 4 press, and sometimes hold a line in midfield instead. Pressing with a deep back line means the front 4 look spent after an hour. Only Chadli seems to have the stamina (and maybe he's not pressing quite as much as the other 3).

Great finish to a great move today, worked hard, looked to get into more central positions compared to other games this season too though I may have imagined that.

If we expect him to be a Modric type, always in the game and trying to dictate it, we'll be disappointed in my opinion. He is an impact player, he'll do something decisive and create or score, but spend large parts of the game on the edge of the play. He's doing his bit with the pressing though, we can't ask much more than what he gave us today.

I think, for certain games like maybe our next league game (City away) we might have to leave him out. Poch does have some options now with this squad. You'd think we will set up differently for City, because they will thump us if we are anything other than very cautious.

Not singling you out cos you're not the only one to say it, but I really don't see why we would want to sacrifice our most creative player arugably alongside Chadli at the moment in game where we're not going to create that many chances. Who would you play in his place?

the sub was right, eriksen is the weaker of the midfield, and the right candidate to be replaced by dembele. creative as he is he is also getting shoved off the ball a lot. and dembele continued the good work shackling shneiderlin into anonymity.

priorities for 1-0 in the latter stages of the second half is to defend the lead as the other team has nothing to lose.

eriksen shouldn't be disappointed if he wants the team to succeed, it was a good performance.

Definately. He's more a Kranjcar than a Modric. No lesser player for that however. I loved Kranjcar at Spurs and it's good to have a player of his ilk in the squad once more.

Also agree with you re: our approach to the Emirates Marketing Project game. I think we'll line up similarly as we did vs the Goons, sit deep, look to frustrate and hit on the break with our pace through Chadli, Lamela etc. Let's hope our final ball is more controlled than versus Arsenal, it will have to be versus Emirates Marketing Project as they're a level up from the goons.

Back