• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

you don't have to change your whole philosophy but you can still make significant changes e.g. dropping eriksen, dier and fazio at CB, chadli as main striker, soldado as no.10, verts at LB , paulinho at RM etc.

experiments - yes - because we don't know our best elelven and what alterations are needed to bring out the best from our players.

an excellent manager will slice like a surgeon, not dice like a butcher.

Oh. My bad. 'Back to the drawing board' means start again from scratch.

We've not had enough time to be sure our current methods aren't working, we lost against a team that thrashed us last year. It's not an indicator of a requirement for massive change. I'd rather stick with how we're going.

It was an akward game against Pool. And I think their style of play doesn't suit us . They are extremely aggresive and has a lot of speed in their team . It wasn't just Eriksen that got nulified in that game, Lamela got hammered to . Our two creative players was sandbagged all afternoon, I think this was Rodgers game plan all along .

And to blame Poch for switching Eriksen to the right is also wrong in my opinion. Ok on the teamsheet it says Eriksen on the right and Lamela on the left. However the jist of the matter is that they both have free roles and will be switching places during matches all the time. We did the same with Bale .

Liverpool are now title contenders with a set system and a style of play that is similar to use except they have better pplayers that all understand the philosophy .

We have to give the system a chanse . It's one game FFS, and who knows how the game would have turned out if Ade or Chadli had equalised on their huge chanses, or if Pool didn't cheat to get a penalty. It's early days.

I'm amased how little patience Tottenham fans sometimes have :) .

Oh. My bad. 'Back to the drawing board' means start again from scratch.

We've not had enough time to be sure our current methods aren't working, we lost against a team that thrashed us last year. It's not an indicator of a requirement for massive change. I'd rather stick with how we're going.

it's bordering on crazy - upon Pochetino being appointed everyone seemed to be saying 'i hope we give this one time to implement his ideas' 3 league games later and there seems to be a strong opinion that he should already be going back to the drawing board

I think he can. To me it's crazy that people are suggesting we don't even start him against the big side, why on earth would you not want your best player or at least one of the best players in the side depending on how highly you rate him in the team?

I did not say that. Did anyone? My comment was about his position...

It was an akward game against Pool. And I think their style of play doesn't suit us . They are extremely aggresive and has a lot of speed in their team . It wasn't just Eriksen that got nulified in that game, Lamela got hammered to . Our two creative players was sandbagged all afternoon, I think this was Rodgers game plan all along .

And to blame Poch for switching Eriksen to the right is also wrong in my opinion. Ok on the teamsheet it says Eriksen on the right and Lamela on the left. However the jist of the matter is that they both have free roles and will be switching places during matches all the time. We did the same with Bale .

Liverpool are now title contenders with a set system and a style of play that is similar to use except they have better pplayers that all understand the philosophy .

We have to give the system a chanse . It's one game FFS, and who knows how the game would have turned out if Ade or Chadli had equalised on their huge chanses, or if Pool didn't cheat to get a penalty. It's early days.

I'm amased how little patience Tottenham fans sometimes have :) .

Yep. Me too. Although I think the problem is less with Lamela and especially Eriksen, and more with the likes of Capoue, Bentaleb (on Sunday at least) and Kaboul. If your spine is weak you can have a smattering of exciting players but ultimately they are going to be redundant as you won't control the ball.

I think we should look at saving Eriksen for lesser sides who come to defend, and playing higher workrate players when we face better teams. A bit like Fergie, when he'd wheel out the likes of Ji Sung Park, Welbeck etc. for games against top teams.

Valid argument, but you also need quality and he's our best player.

I think Eriksen's issue this season is the reverse-Samson effect - his power has started fading as his hair has come back

He told the danish journalists that he is a bit tired, because of the hardest startup he ever experienced in his life, but he reckons that he will recouperate

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by start up in that the post above?

Also how did he do today? Started watching but the stream didn't work too well and gave up on it...

Ohhh...pre-season.

I hope that we don't suffer a late season slump because of tiredness from training and perhaps "constant pressing".

It's my main long-term worry about Poch's methods, but we'll have to see.

Hopefully our relatively large squad will mitigate against this being the case and the key players in our spine don't all get tired at the same time.

The players' individual physical condition will be closely monitored. You don't want all your players peaking at the same time, so hopefully we've got some plans. Benitez was maybe the most extreme at this, though he eventually started learning from his mistakes. You want to rotate to avoid exhaustion, but too many changes will disrupt. Having 2 separate XIs certainly won't work as you'll get injuries and you want most of your players to have pitch time with each other regularly to improve their understanding of each other's game.

The players' individual physical condition will be closely monitored. You don't want all your players peaking at the same time, so hopefully we've got some plans. Benitez was maybe the most extreme at this, though he eventually started learning from his mistakes. You want to rotate to avoid exhaustion, but too many changes will disrupt. Having 2 separate XIs certainly won't work as you'll get injuries and you want most of your players to have pitch time with each other regularly to improve their understanding of each other's game.

It's interesting, because I felt AVB seemed to strive to get us to peak at key times and the season and individual matches.
If we had just not suffered the brainfarts at Anfield and a few days later at Inter Milan (plus AVB had been more ruthless with his use of Lennon during our home win vs Inter in that first leg) in March 2013 we would likely have made top 4 and it would have been because of physical conditioning and peaking at the right times instead of purely by squad talent.

I hope that whilst Poch will be more attractive from an attacking sense, I hope he doesn't burn the players to the ground like I felt Redknapp did in the end

Ramos did that deliberately in Feb 2008, and we all saw what happened afterwards during March-May.

Ohhh...pre-season.

I hope that we don't suffer a late season slump because of tiredness from training and perhaps "constant pressing".

It's my main long-term worry about Poch's methods, but we'll have to see.

Hopefully our relatively large squad will mitigate against this being the case and the key players in our spine don't all get tired at the same time.

Was told by one of our players that he was training 5/6 hours a day and was going home to sleep to ensure that he was ready for the next day. Most physical pre-season he's ever experienced he said.

Back