• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I can assure both of you that Eriksen couldn't care less about what Hazard does. What Hazard does or doesn't will have absolutely zero impact on his decision.

Sounds like you potentially know something. Care to share? Or just a strong opinion?

I’m of the view Barca is the bigger draw for him, but as others have said, I’m sure he’s waiting on a lot of different variables to play out.

Exactly, plus Hazard's preferred direction is Madrid, Eriksen's is likely Barca
Agree with that that. I just wonder if Eriksen is 3rd choice target for Barcelona currently, as they seem deep into both Rabiot and de Jong.

Surely they can’t or won’t go for all three, hence I think CE is just keeping his powder dry while the market plays itself out.

Last edited:
I KNOW that I may be grasping at straws here, but I remember reading before that he had passed up opportunities, when he was at Ajax, to go to city and chelsea because he understood be would get lost in the shuffle there. So I don’t think he will base his decision on money alone. Spurs need to pay him in line with what he worth and convince him that this is the best spot for him as a footballer.
Yeah, but that was when he was 19-20 and had his whole career ahead of him. And at 19-20 he very well could have gotten lost in the shuffle. Staying put at Ajax was the right decision at the time. It's different now. He's an established player that would walk into any team and can command the salary he wants. Wasn't the same 6 years ago.

A player we must do everything to keep here, if we lose him we will have a BIG problem finding someone who can give us what he does.
TBF their isn’t many in th world who are as good as him. I can’t think of one off the top of my head
If we did lose him we would have to change the way we play

Every time I see an update has been posted in this thread, I enter it hoping someone is relaying the good news that he’s signed his new deal :(
Same. Him and Toby signing new deals would be genuinely the best signings we could make, even with our centre mid situation I don’t see us bringing in players of their quality, consistency and experience until we are settled into the new stadium.

Every time I see an update has been posted in this thread, I enter it hoping someone is relaying the good news that he’s signed his new deal :(
You might be a tad safer sticking to official internet based sources for that sort of information! ;-)

Real Madrid looking shambolic at the moment (well, for their standards anyway, they're 5th and 1 point off 4th).

A 50 goal a season striker leaving is unsurprisingly leaving about a 50 goal deficit in Real's goal scoring projection this season.

I get the feeling Real Madrid will be in for a big overhaul this season. I hope it involves the likes of Hazard and Salah rather than Eriksen. Will be an interesting summer ahead.

Real Madrid looking shambolic at the moment (well, for their standards anyway, they're 5th and 1 point off 4th).

A 50 goal a season striker leaving is unsurprisingly leaving about a 50 goal deficit in Real's goal scoring projection this season.

I get the feeling Real Madrid will be in for a big overhaul this season. I hope it involves the likes of Hazard and Salah rather than Eriksen. Will be an interesting summer ahead.

He's probably waiting to see what Poch does i.e.if he stays or goes to United. Even if he is hoping that Barca or Madrid come in for him, I'm not sure that would stop him signing a new contract as a contract means nothing to the player, it just means the selling club can demand a bigger fee. Luka Modric signed a contract extension and then went public that he wanted to sign for Chelsea not long after.

He's probably waiting to see what Poch does i.e.if he stays or goes to United. Even if he is hoping that Barca or Madrid come in for him, I'm not sure that would stop him signing a new contract as a contract means nothing to the player, it just means the selling club can demand a bigger fee. Luka Modric signed a contract extension and then went public that he wanted to sign for Chelsea not long after.

This.

I’d have thought that if the buying club has to pay the selling club less because the contract is short then the player will be able to negotiate higher wages/signing on bonus for themselves.

I’d have thought that if the buying club has to pay the selling club less because the contract is short then the player will be able to negotiate higher wages/signing on bonus for themselves.

Ordinarily you'd be right but not sure if that applies to Real and Barca. They seem to do as they please as they know they are never going to get sanctioned too hard by UEFA.

He should steer clear of Madrid for 18 months. They and United are in transition.
Maybe PSG and long shot City.
If I he could get some more money Id give Spurs another couple of seasons.

Back