• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

England have always had quality, but they have the same types of player. Always brawn over brains. Just one Eriksen type would make England a fantastic side. It's what I worry about with Spurs. Take Eriksen out and we're similar to England (still way better tho)

indeed, England lack a creative force, and if the pace and power option does not work they are left with nothing

Do you think that's ever stopped them buying a player? And shows gulf between our clubs if our best player can't get in to their team. :(

Yes, I think that is why they did not go full steam ahead for Mbappe. They danced and flirted but never ever made a proper bid, in the end Zidane liked him but did not need this summer because he would not have started.

Nah, that is a notion I reject completely. Considering how badly we do with the numerous corners we get I would suggest that would lack any kind of rational thinking.

It is our players starting positions at corners. They are simply too close to the goal. They then bob up and down and don't actually run and attack the ball. Hoddle made the same point when commenting on England's corners against Slovakia. The first time we had someone really attack the ball, Dier scored. Funny that.

gif5.gif

It is our players starting positions at corners. They are simply too close to the goal. They then bob up and down and don't actually run and attack the ball. Hoddle made the same point when commenting on England's corners against Slovakia. The first time we had someone really attack the ball, Dier scored. Funny that.

Hoddle was talking about any side that zonal marks ( which Slovakia) were doing. Its a different tactic when teams man mark.

Reminds me of Bale when he had his last and outstanding season with us, great the last 15 games of last season and started this the same way, think he is now in the world class category. Of course it will take the press another 6 months to catch up.

Just hope we can keep him beyond this season because he has stepped up a level just like we saw with Modric and Bale.

Indeed! He was excellent today. He has stepped up his game, has been our most consistent performer so far this season, in my opinion. Not too many games to judge from yet, obviously, but the signs are good (as he's had a tendency to start a bit slow). :)

If some posters are suggesting he has got better over the seasons then yes he has, however that is what happens with most good/great players. But if some are suggesting that he was not a very good player earlier in the season( pussy, does not head the ball etc) and by saying that infer his improvement has been drastic then they are wrong ( imo), he has always been one of our top players and like all top players improve all the time.

He didn't believe it or deliver on it for some time. He underwent something last December which saw him make the quantum leap to fulfilling his limitless potenial. He simply gained in strong self-belief...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

@Squawka

Kevin De Bruyne has now recorded 28 assists in the Premier League since 2015/16; Christian Eriksen (30) is the only player with more.

Most league assists in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2017:
Christian Eriksen (12)
Emil Forsberg (12)
Scandinavian suppliers.

@Squawka

Kevin De Bruyne has now recorded 28 assists in the Premier League since 2015/16; Christian Eriksen (30) is the only player with more.

Christian Eriksen (12)
Emil Forsberg (12)
Scandinavian suppliers.

Strangely though I read yesterday that De Bruyne has assisted the most since he came here and didn't he come that season?

@Squawka

Christian Eriksen (12)
Emil Forsberg (12)
Scandinavian suppliers.

That's good, but we need to be just a little wary of assist stats.

Walker got an assist yesterday for Sané's spectacular 25 yarder when all he did was knock the ball 10 or 15 yards square.

I do love Eriksen and think he brings so much to the team, assists included.

Back