• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

My view/opinion on Dembélé has not changed since we signed him, ie i think with the ability he has he should be doing more in goals/assists ( and nothing has changed my view on that). I do not remember ever saying he should be sold just that if he keeps getting the injurys he has in the past Poch may be looking at bringing in another player who can play his role.

So not dissimilar to those in this thread who questioned Eriksen?

So not dissimilar to those in this thread who questioned Eriksen?

Yes it is, Eriksen was slagged off for being a pussy ( which he is not),my opinion on Dembélé is that he HAS the ability to be one of the best around and if he uses it he may even reach world class status. Every time we have a debate about Dembélé i always say i am not saying he a poor player but as a coach i would be tearing my hair out because he could be so much better ( imo).( and on occasions has shown that).

Yes it is, Eriksen was slagged off for being a pussy ( which he is not),my opinion on Dembélé is that he HAS the ability to be one of the best around and if he uses it he may even reach world class status. Every time we have a debate about Dembélé i always say i am not saying he a poor player but as a coach i would be tearing my hair out because he could be so much better ( imo).( and on occasions has shown that).

Forgive me for being pedantic, but couldn't sleep. I think its fair to say you'd written Dembele off. A quick look at the Dembele thread and your quoting a post agreeing that we should take a paltry £10m for him:

I would agree with both of those opinions. For me Dembele is a good player but more often then not he flatters to deceive.

Each of these are other posts:

As I have said before he is a good player but he flatters to deceive, over 100 games and under 3 different managers and we still struggle to find him a place. From reports he is on his way to Italy in Jan and its probably the best for him and the club. ( imo).

Dembele was back to what he has been for the last three years, plenty of talent but more often then not fails to deliver, as for playing him alongside Dier I hope I never see that again

My feelings as well, he is into his forth season and has over 100 games and neither the fans or Poch seem to know what his best position is. Now we have fans who say he should be back up for Dier but that would be unfair on him as he would be nothing more then a fall back. For his own sake it would be better for him to move on to a team who will play him n a regular basis, I also would not be concerned if he moved to a top club ( to be honest I would be more surprised if any wanted him)/

Plenty of your posts on him, I only checked a few pages. Fair to say you called it wrong on Dembele just as others have on Eriksen?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Forgive me for being pedantic, but couldn't sleep. I think its fair to say you'd written Dembele off. A quick look at the Dembele thread and your quoting a post agreeing that we should take a paltry £10m for him:

I would agree with both of those opinions. For me Dembele is a good player but more often then not he flatters to deceive.

Each of these are other posts:

As I have said before he is a good player but he flatters to deceive, over 100 games and under 3 different managers and we still struggle to find him a place. From reports he is on his way to Italy in Jan and its probably the best for him and the club. ( imo).

Dembele was back to what he has been for the last three years, plenty of talent but more often then not fails to deliver, as for playing him alongside Dier I hope I never see that again

My feelings as well, he is into his forth season and has over 100 games and neither the fans or Poch seem to know what his best position is. Now we have fans who say he should be back up for Dier but that would be unfair on him as he would be nothing more then a fall back. For his own sake it would be better for him to move on to a team who will play him n a regular basis, I also would not be concerned if he moved to a top club ( to be honest I would be more surprised if any wanted him)/

Plenty of your posts on him, I only checked a few pages. Fair to say you called it wrong on Dembele just as others have on Eriksen?

A do not know if pedantic is the right way to describe you at all, regardless you are wrong again. Eriksen was called a pussy ( which he is not), on the majority of my posts on here about Dembélé i have said he has all the talents but ( imo) does not use them to the full ( imo), Now i am not spending my time bringing them up (i leave that for the likes of those who have trouble sleeping :rolleyes:).

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A do not know if pedantic is the right way to describe you at all, regardless you are wrong again. Eriksen was called a pussy ( which he is not), on the majority of my posts on here about Dembélé i have said he has all the talents but ( imo) does not use them to the full ( imo), Now i am not spending my time bringing them up (i leave that for the likes of those who have trouble sleeping :rolleyes:).

Is it safe to say you have changed your opinion on Dembele, just as others have about Eriksen? You don't think we should take £10m for Dembele anymore? You don't mind seeing him play alongside Dier now, and do think that Dembele can play at the top level?

You'd agree: Eriksen never was a pussy and Dembele actually turned into a valuable member of the side.

Last edited:
MOTM today for me, together with Dembele. The delivery for Dele's goal was just out of this world. But you wonder why someone who can deliver a ball like that cannot take better corners. The short one with Son, our 8th or 9th I think, showed to me that somehwere deep inside he doesn't believe in his corner-taking abilities as much as he should perhaps. Wouldn't we be better off with Trippier taking corners if he's on the pitch?

MOTM today for me, together with Dembele. The delivery for Dele's goal was just out of this world. But you wonder why someone who can deliver a ball like that cannot take better corners. The short one with Son, our 8th or 9th I think, showed to me that somehwere deep inside he doesn't believe in his corner-taking abilities as much as he should perhaps. Wouldn't we be better off with Trippier taking corners if he's on the pitch?

Yeah, it's a mystery to me. Maybe opponents have figured out that settled routine that we do (with Toby running across the near post with Dier on the far end and Jan lurking behind him), so Eriksen's deliveries get intercepted fairly easily. But that's just conjecture - ultimately, I'm clueless, and it really is baffling that such a two-footed Rolls Royce of a player is so consistently, biblically awful at corners.

We know Lamela can also take them, so maybe if he's fit next season we won't have to rely on Eriksen as much.

Immense today; leaving aside the often weak corners he stood up to be counted and is there a better playmaker at present in the PL?

I wonder what would have happened if

a) we had Walker on his right instead of Trippier on such a big pitch
b) we had a really pacy forward attacker who made runs in behind

Immense today; leaving aside the often weak corners he stood up to be counted and is there a better playmaker at present in the PL?

I wonder what would have happened if

a) we had Walker on his right instead of Trippier on such a big pitch
b) we had a really pacy forward attacker who made runs in behind

Dele makes those runs

Yeah but we need more pacy and direct ones in addition. Especially on a bigger pitch like Wembley. Dele hasn't the raw pace like say a Lennon or Mane to REALLY make teams wary of us on the break. Dele does make great runs though no doubt

True but we're somdominant Alina make sides we don't play like that

Don't forget we were missing rose on the left too today who is a bloody quick player too

Yeah, it's a mystery to me. Maybe opponents have figured out that settled routine that we do (with Toby running across the near post with Dier on the far end and Jan lurking behind him), so Eriksen's deliveries get intercepted fairly easily. But that's just conjecture - ultimately, I'm clueless, and it really is baffling that such a two-footed Rolls Royce of a player is so consistently, biblically awful at corners.

We know Lamela can also take them, so maybe if he's fit next season we won't have to rely on Eriksen as much.

I doubt Lamela will be here next year. There are strong rumours about him and if true will rule him out of playing for us again I suspect.

Back