• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

An Arsenal fan at work took great delight in sending me quotes from Eriksen, where he'd said Ozil had acheived much more than him and he was honoured to be compared to him etc... the usual PR stuff.

Serious question, but what exactly has Ozil achieved? He hasnt won any major honours as far as I can tell. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

An Arsenal fan at work took great delight in sending me quotes from Eriksen, where he'd said Ozil had acheived much more than him and he was honoured to be compared to him etc... the usual PR stuff.

Serious question, but what exactly has Ozil achieved? He hasnt won any major honours as far as I can tell. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

Winning the league with Real Madrid is pretty decent...

Erm....

Werder Bremen

DFB-Pokal (German FA Cup) 2008/09

Real Madrid

Copa Del Rey 2010/11

La Liga 2011/12

Ozil is still only 24 as well, he was also the leading star in Germany U21'S European Championship winning side. I think what Eriksen meant was what Ozil has done as an individual, i.e. be the play maker at the biggest club in the World whilst also being known as the 'assist king'.

Ok fair enough.

Still, La liga winners once, and runners up once with Real Madrid. Thomas Gravesen has the same record.

interesting why real madrid would sell him, and not other players nonetheless.
there's something amiss about ozil - both mourinho and ancelotti have their doubts...

i'm an ozil fan, but now i'm rooting for eriksen to surpass him. eriksen may not have ozil's physicality, but he has a better 'swagger' about him - much like many of my spurs heroes

interesting why real madrid would sell him, and not other players nonetheless.
there's something amiss about ozil - both mourinho and ancelotti have their doubts...
i'm an ozil fan, but now i'm rooting for eriksen to surpass him. eriksen may not have ozil's physicality, but he has a better 'swagger' about him - much like many of my spurs heroes

For me, Ozil is obviously a good player, but the fact that he was sold, and the Scum were the only buyers is what makes an interesting question.

Re Eriksen, still think we needed him more than the Scum needed Ozil, hence he may have more of an impact on clubs success.

Don't you guys think we're going a bit over the top re Eriksen?

He only cost 11/12million. and even if you do consider that he had 1 year left on his contract, the fact is, it seems no-one else really wanted him. Teams like Milan/Arsenal/Manu had been tracking him for a few years now, and when he was available for 11m, none of them bit. That says a lot no? Its almost as if the football community decided he doesnt justify the fan hype that had been surrounding him for years now.

Our eyes will be the judge.
At the moment he's clearly 1-0 up.

I would love this guy to get lots of minutes in both of our next 2 games. He looks like he can handle 2 games a week..

In fairness to Ozil, Arsenal were really the only available suitors in the elite leagues (ie. not France) at that price - I'm surprised United didn't go for him, but I suppose Kagawa or Rooney will be their main no.10 as Moyes was after a deeper playmaker in Herrera. Chelsea and City and Bayern are chock-full of playmakers already, while neither Liverpool or us would be able to afford him.

Technically Arsenal have Cazorla but he can play out wide. So Mesut was kinda stuck with ****.

Honestly, that's what you get for having a Scum friend, completely irrational bell ends, the whole lot.

What was he trying to show you?

- A player being polite about a fellow professional? vs. the **** their lot spew all the time in the media about other teams/players?
- That he thinks Ozil is better? did someone argue that? did he miss the piece about Eriksen being 3 years younger and costing less than 25% of the fee and probably about the same re wages?

What you should ask him is where were all the big clubs in for Walcott over the summer? since they have said he was better than Bale for the last 2+ years

In fairness to Ozil, Arsenal were really the only available suitors in the elite leagues (ie. not France) at that price - I'm surprised United didn't go for him, but I suppose Kagawa or Rooney will be their main no.10 as Moyes was after a deeper playmaker in Herrera. Chelsea and City and Bayern are chock-full of playmakers already, while neither Liverpool or us would be able to afford him.

Technically Arsenal have Cazorla but he can play out wide. So Mesut was kinda stuck with ****.

i.e. he was badly overpriced ...

Moyes should have gone for him, but not surprised, I think Moyes is way out of his comfort zone

i.e. he was badly overpriced ...

Moyes should have gone for him, but not surprised, I think Moyes is way out of his comfort zone

Thank you Gareth Bale for the new squad.

Why do you think all the players at Real are complaining that Ozil was sold? Because he makes a mean guacamole dip? He's a really good player that would pretty much walk into any team's starting line-up, with the exception of 2-3 teams IMO.

Chelsea could have bought him. I'm not sure they have enough midfielders.

Plus, they could have stopped Arsenal signing him, unless they don't view Arsenal as rivals.

Mourinho has a personal vendetta against AVB though, and Willian is much more of a wide playmaker so he fits in a bit better with Mata. Ozil would've had to have been a replacement for Mata, which was a possibility but then Mata would've gone to United and I think the Chelski fans would've revolted.

Best thing about Eriksen is that he is intelligent, cant wait to see him link up with the likes of Lamela and Soldado proper

Ozil is a tremendous player but dont think he has the stamina to last 90 mins week in week out.

Back