• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Or equally, bringing back someone who was a problematic presence in the dressing room during his last 18 months with us

And yet on All Or Nothing Mourinho said he, Eriksen, was "professional", and he also said "I can only say good things about this guy", so you of course are simply making things up as usual to suit your agenda.

Seems stupid buying a #10, when we don't really play a #10. He'll likely just get shoehorned in at RWF (as Kulusevski's cover), and we all saw how well that worked with Lo Celso.

I'm also a bit concerned that he seemed to peak form wise about 4 years ago, and has been on a bit of a decline since then.

To the left, to the right...

Eriksen is a genuinely versatile player. Could easily play on either wide attacking role, as a #10 with two deep players behind him, in a midfield three or in some situations at least as one of the deeper two midfielders.

My concern would be if he was the only midfielder we sign. That would leave only Skipp, Hojbjerg and Bentancur as real options for the deep midfield roles in quite a lot of our games (unless Sarr steps up quickly). I don't think that's an argument against signing Eriksen though.

And yet on All Or Nothing Mourinho said he, Eriksen, was "professional", and he also said "I can only say good things about this guy", so you of course are simply making things up as usual to suit your agenda.

Even towards the end, shortly before he left, Mourinho turned to him as a sub several times when we needed to change things around. IIRC he did well when coming on too.

Sorry - I didn't mean unprofessional. More just the dead man walking thing of being the first to really want out of Poch's project (I suppose Walker had been earlier), and the effect of that on morale

Sorry - I didn't mean unprofessional. More just the dead man walking thing of being the first to really want out of Poch's project (I suppose Walker had been earlier), and the effect of that on morale

If Conte wants him back that is okay with me.

It wasn’t about football, he just wanted to have another experience in a different country. Players aren’t robots, they have a life outside the football pitch you don’t see. He must have a slightly different perspective on life right now, and it’s quite likely that going somewhere he feels comfortable where he has a great relationship with club and players whilst still operating at a high level will be perfect for him. There is zero evidence to suggest he is any sort of problem, he is popular in the dressing room and managers love him….

I was as big a critic of Eriksen as anyone during that period, but I think the club and levy in particular handled it very badly and it affected Eriksen.
The guy was always honest and said he would leave, he gave us everything and we should have respected his wishes. We put him in a very difficult position and i think it affected his performances.

I was as big a critic of Eriksen as anyone during that period, but I think the club and levy in particular handled it very badly and it affected Eriksen.
The guy was always honest and said he would leave, he gave us everything and we should have respected his wishes. We put him in a very difficult position and i think it affected his performances.
What should the club have done?

What should the club have done?

I think we badgered him too much.
The meeting with levy and jose that was shown on the amazon doc was cringe worthy.
Eriksen obviously wanted to leave and levy just wouldn't accept it, it was like watching a nerdy teenager get dumped by his hot girlfriend.
We should have been more accommodating, maybe then when the clubs Eriksen had specifically said he wanted to move didn't show interest he may have decided to stick around.

It wasn’t about football, he just wanted to have another experience in a different country. Players aren’t robots, they have a life outside the football pitch you don’t see. He must have a slightly different perspective on life right now, and it’s quite likely that going somewhere he feels comfortable where he has a great relationship with club and players whilst still operating at a high level will be perfect for him. There is zero evidence to suggest he is any sort of problem, he is popular in the dressing room and managers love him….

I don't know how to use the like button.

Vertonghen's situation was similar, but he managed it far better. His contract was allowed to expire, with both the club's and the fans' blessing

I don't think money will be the deciding factor for whether he stays at Brentford though.

Agreed. It comes down to what he wants for the rest of his career. Does he want relatively low pressure, enjoyable environment and playing for pleasure, or does he want to play in big games, CL and try to bag some winners medals?

Agreed. It comes down to what he wants for the rest of his career. Does he want relatively low pressure, enjoyable environment and playing for pleasure, or does he want to play in big games, CL and try to bag some winners medals?
If he wants winners medals then thats us out of the picture.

Back