• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

He was hands down the best player on the pitch when they beat Everton but Everton only had ten men. I was quite glad when he left and now quite glad to have him back. I hope it’s in a deeper role though as I guess it would be.

Seems stupid buying a #10, when we don't really play a #10. He'll likely just get shoehorned in at RWF (as Kulusevski's cover), and we all saw how well that worked with Lo Celso.

I'm also a bit concerned that he seemed to peak form wise about 4 years ago, and has been on a bit of a decline since then.
Eriksen very rarely played as a 10 for us previously. I doubt he’d play as a 10 for us under Conte either.

Indeed…. Much harder to play for Brentford surrounded by inferior players than for Spurs alongside players closer in ability to him.

Ok, fair enough. He would have less heat/focus/pressure playing for a relative minnow like Brentford compared to us, especially given the history (baggage?) with us though..

Eriksen very rarely played as a 10 for us previously. I doubt he’d play as a 10 for us under Conte either.

Interesting, where did he play for us when he was here? If not as a number 10, who then was our number 10 in the Poch era if not Eriksen?
Also, where do you see him playing for us under Conte IF he signs?

Interesting, where did he play for us when he was here? If not as a number 10, who then was our number 10 in the Poch era if not Eriksen?
Also, where do you see him playing for us under Conte IF he signs?

i guess Dele was more of a no 10 playing just off Harry?

Im not sure I could say exactly where Eriksen played for us, I think it developed over time?

Could we add a 'let's resign Lamela instead' option to the poll? He's the one of the 'lets get the band back together' lot we should be going for. Much more in tune with Conte's mentality and style of play.

i guess Dele was more of a no 10 playing just off Harry?

Im not sure I could say exactly where Eriksen played for us, I think it developed over time?

He mostly played on the right of a fluid 3 behind Kane. Son - left, Alli - central, Eriksen - right. But it was a narrow right, and he and Alli interchanged.

Cant see a problem with this signing or Perisic despite their ages.

They enable us to spend big on other positions and bring in the 6-7 players which Conte is said to want

If we signed 3 freebies (FOrster, Perisic, Eriksen), a couple younger players (eg Spence) and a couple big money deals in the 23-25 age range (eg Bastoni) that would seem to be a good balance

Actually thinking on it. We could give eriksen a £200k a week 2 year deal. Sell winks for £15m and that would pay for it (taking off winks £50k a week wages). Doesn't sound bad to me.

Seems stupid buying a #10, when we don't really play a #10. He'll likely just get shoehorned in at RWF (as Kulusevski's cover), and we all saw how well that worked with Lo Celso.

I'm also a bit concerned that he seemed to peak form wise about 4 years ago, and has been on a bit of a decline since then.

In the second half of his season under Conte he was a constant starter, and they won the league, that would suggest he, Conte, knows a little bit more about how Eriksen would fit into the team than you.

OBVIOUSLY we should get him on a free

He is an incredible footballer, top few percent in the world

Worst case scenario, we sell him for £10m next year and make a £10m profit

Back