• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

A very fair point, however we have no idea whether his health actually still allows him to play. If his doctors say he can then he can.

He is not allowed to play in Italy and that should be the end of it for us imo.
If we were, say a Emirates Marketing Project, and at/near the top of the football tree we could maybe think of doing it partly on sentimental grounds as we'd likely have him as just one of many in the squad bringing what he brings. However, we are not and are in a lesser place than when he left so i'd think it unfair to put the extra pressure on him.

As i say, for his own health's sake, we and him should not think of reuniting at all...

He is not allowed to play in Italy and that should be the end of it for us imo.
If we were, say a Emirates Marketing Project, and at/near the top of the football tree we could maybe think of doing it partly on sentimental grounds as we'd likely have him as just one of many in the squad bringing what he brings. However, we are not and are in a lesser place than when he left so i'd think it unfair to put the extra pressure on him.

As i say, for his own health's sake, we and him should not think of reuniting at all...
It's not like a hamstring injury. His heart went into fib and he needed defib and now has a defib fitted in his chest in case he needs defib again. It doesn't mean his heart is weak.

Even if anyone on here was an actual cardiologist, I wouldn’t trust them to predict the level of risk Eriksen faces. They are practical folk, essentially plumbers and electricians who get called out to chest cavities to fix stuff, and defer to statistical analysis of patient data at scale when asked about one’s future chances. I suspect that the sensible thing for Eriksen to do is not to play competitive football, or If for some reason he decides to, not to do so for Antonio Conte.

Even if anyone on here was an actual cardiologist, I wouldn’t trust them to predict the level of risk Eriksen faces. They are practical folk, essentially plumbers and electricians who get called out to chest cavities to fix stuff, and defer to statistical analysis of patient data at scale when asked about one’s future chances. I suspect that the sensible thing for Eriksen to do is not to play competitive football, or If for some reason he decides to, not to do so for Antonio Conte.

and certainly not for Tottenham fudging hotspur

It's not like a hamstring injury. His heart went into fib and he needed defib and now has a defib fitted in his chest in case he needs defib again. It doesn't mean his heart is weak.

He is not allowed to play in the Italian league due to his heart episode (which was quite serious). If the Italian league won't let him play there, why should he realistically be able to play in the PL? Bear in mind that the PL is a much faster and generally more physical league...

He is not allowed to play in the Italian league due to his heart episode (which was quite serious). If the Italian league won't let him play there, why should he realistically be able to play in the PL? Bear in mind that the PL is a much faster and generally more physical league...
Because its about insurance policies in Italy. Nothing to do with health issues. But the club are not able to insure him, so he can't get a playing license.

Because its about insurance policies in Italy. Nothing to do with health issues. But the club are not able to insure him, so he can't get a playing license.
Thought it was around not getting a license to compete at professional level? Some sports body is in charge of issuing licenses to all involved in professional sports in Italy and they won't give it while he has the device in his chest. No license means you aren't allowed compete in Italy.

Thought it was around not getting a license to compete at professional level? Some sports body is in charge of issuing licenses to all involved in professional sports in Italy and they won't give it while he has the device in his chest. No license means you aren't allowed compete in Italy.
Which is probably insurance (or at least liability) based.

Read my post again. That's exactly what I wrote. He does not get a license, but it's related to the club not getting an insurance for him, not directly related to his health.
Medically he's fine, but in Italy he can't be insured by the club, so doesn't get a professional playing license.

Read my post again. That's exactly what I wrote. He does not get a license, but it's related to the club not getting an insurance for him, not directly related to his health.
Medically he's fine, but in Italy he can't be insured by the club, so doesn't get a professional playing license.
Somehow missed the last bit of your original post :oops:

We shouldn't go for him just for the fact you never go back. He won't be the player he was previously and won't hot those heights again. Let's just leave it where it ended and write new chapters not harkening to some past glory that isn't repeatable.

We shouldn't go for him just for the fact you never go back. He won't be the player he was previously and won't hot those heights again. Let's just leave it where it ended and write new chapters not harkening to some past glory that isn't repeatable.
Normally I would agree 100%, but to me this isn't about some nostalgia trip. It's about bringing in an area of expertise that's hard to acquire and that we sorely lack - his vision and ability to bring others into play. And the odd free kick, no corners please. He was never about chasing down, speed or things that players inevitably lose with age, so it would be low risk in that regard. For reasonable wages, I'd take it.

Add to that, he's humble and non-disruptive, so if there are problems in the team he's more likely to be the victim than the cause. Put it this way, I'm more worried about the damage we could do to him than what he could do to us, the medical issue aside.

Still, there is little to indicate that he would return to us in any case, so the discussion is a bit academic anyway.

Back