• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Spurs interest in Benteke

Tottenham are tracking Celtic striker Gary Hooper and have watched Watford goal sensation Matej Vydra. The north Londoners are also understood to be "very interested" in Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke.

The Midlands club will be relieved that the powerful 22-year-old, who has scored 11 times this season, cannot move this January under FIFA rules having already played for two clubs this season.

But Spurs are keen and Villa could find it hard to keep Benteke if their London rivals can offer him Champions League football in the summer.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-2-1-tottenham-spurs-ace-1559735

It's the Mirror.

Which means we will not be looking at any of those named.

Benteke.... No thanks. Looks good but isnt the finisher we need. Wastes a lot of chances. We dont have time to wait for him to start scoring regularly, we need a finisher ASAP

Very raw but I think he's a beast, would love a bit of Bentekkers. He's in a bad atmosphere at Villa, get him here with Jan and Moose and he'd flourish.

Counter productive though, Villa going down would give us the best chance of signing him.

Counter productive though, Villa going down would give us the best chance of signing him.

i do wonder if we will look at him now, i always liked him and think he has something, is a bit similar to siggy last year who i still think is a good player even though he has not played much for us this year

Think he'd go either way, Villa have form for selling their best players. Obviously would get him cheaper if they go down though....

I really doubt we would pay £15m+ for Benteke, and I imagine Villa would ask that kind of money if they do stay up.

If they go down I could see him going for around the same they signed him for. Especially if no cash strapped clubs show interest early in the window.

I could easily see us paying £15m for him. The type of striker we need, young,scores goals, strong and Belgian. Plenty of resale value for Levy etc

Doesnt score enough goals for all the hype and the fee people are suggesting.
Defoe has a better league scoring record this season than Benteke.

Actually Benteke is doing better

Benteke 10 in 22
Defoe 10 in 24

And that's his first season in England at the age of 21/22 playing for one of the worst teams in the league, whereas Defoe's been at this level for over 10 years and plays for one of the best teams. It's not just about looking at goals stats though, Benteke is a monster, he's still really raw and may have some wtf moments but he's young and those can be ironed out. He bullies defenders and some of his finishes are just like wow. Big potential.

Doesnt score enough goals for all the hype and the fee people are suggesting.
Defoe has a better league scoring record this season than Benteke.

Well one is playing with Bale, Lennon, Dembele, Sig, Dempsey and Ade and the other one has a bunch of pre teens supporting him.

It actually annoys me that football has gotten to a point where all we do is look at numbers. Messi and Ronaldo don't help either, they've broken the system.

Not too sure about Benteke.

Does no one else remember him selling himself to Arsenal in the media?
Personally, I wouldnt want a player who has his heart set on our rivals to ever wear our shirt.

Not too sure about Benteke.

Does no one else remember him selling himself to Arsenal in the media?
Personally, I wouldnt want a player who has his heart set on our rivals to ever wear our shirt.

We have had a few gooners play for us including defoe.

Most black african/european strikers want to play for arsenal because of henry.

Can't believe someone with basically a one in two record doesn't score enough goals. Players with better records than that cost thirty million quid and 150k a week wages. Why wouldn't we want Benteke? Young strong quick plays up front on his own and scores goals. Wouldn't cost the earth in fee or wages plus young enough to have plenty of sell on value. Bit of a no brainer to me.

Can't believe someone with basically a one in two record doesn't score enough goals. Players with better records than that cost thirty million quid and 150k a week wages. Why wouldn't we want Benteke? Young strong quick plays up front on his own and scores goals. Wouldn't cost the earth in fee or wages plus young enough to have plenty of sell on value. Bit of a no brainer to me.

If Villa stay up I can't see them letting him go cheaply and I think we would be lucky if we got him for £15m. More than that and we're closing in on what we would have to pay for Damiao.

It's not about if he's good enough or not at that point, it's more about if there are other players out there who could be even better.

If we could get him cheaply it would be a no brainer.

If Villa stay up I can't see them letting him go cheaply and I think we would be lucky if we got him for £15m. More than that and we're closing in on what we would have to pay for Damiao.

It's not about if he's good enough or not at that point, it's more about if there are other players out there who could be even better.

If we could get him cheaply it would be a no brainer.

What's to say he shouldn't be in the same bracket as Damiao? He's proven he can do it in the PL, and is physically equipped to be an absolute beast....

Back