• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Where are ITKs who said it was a done deal? Come to think of it where are the fudgers who said David Villa was a done deal.

£26M for James Milner was an incredible piece of business!

I know it's easy to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I didn't want us to sign Bent or Bentley (was ecstatic about Rebrov, Dumitrescu and fairly pleased with Pav tbf) but I've never wanted us to fail in signing someone more than with Benteke [-o<

Right there with you.
I was against signing Adebayor last summer but this is will be an even bigger waste of money.

Champagne all round.

Wonder what happened there.

There was probably no interest at all and he thought, lets just get a pay rise...

if indeed there was interest im sure he would have pushed a bit harder...

I don't agree that there was no interest from us. I just think Villa made it abundantly clear that he's going to cost £25m, we made it clear we won't pay more than say £18m. Benteke knows he isn't getting his move and needs to be playing in a World Cup year so he signs a new deal on improved terms, maybe even with a release clause of some sort inserted in the new contract.

Either way, another target bites the dust.

I don't agree that there was no interest from us. I just think Villa made it abundantly clear that he's going to cost £25m, we made it clear we won't pay more than say £18m. Benteke knows he isn't getting his move and needs to be playing in a World Cup year so he signs a new deal on improved terms, maybe even with a release clause of some sort inserted in the new contract.

But would it not have made sense to stay at Villa and not sign a new contract? A year from now and he will have more power as he would have just 2 years left on his contract.

So Villa has gone, Benteke has gone so who is next? Who is going to be the striker we will fail to sign?

has he signed yet???????

oh yes, for Villa :lol: just couldnt make this sh!t up

what a load of w@nk

the summer is getting better and better:(

Yeah but we`re the 19th July, there was time... You think he gave up on the idea of coming to Spurs because there was 5m difference in negotiations?

He probably understood he wasn't going to get top money at Spurs and maybe even more at Villa and that he`ll get his big move next summer whereas he`d be stuck with us next summer.

Yeah but we`re the 19th July, there was time... You think he gave up on the idea of coming to Spurs because there was 5m difference in negotiations?

He probably understood he wasn't going to get top money at Spurs and maybe even more at Villa and that he`ll get his big move next summer whereas he`d be stuck with us next summer.

i wouldnt be surprised if Spurs were only prepared to pay something like 12 mill for Benteke....thats what we offered for Willian when Shaktar wanted upwards of 23 mill for him

But would it not have made sense to stay at Villa and not sign a new contract? A year from now and he will have more power as he would have just 2 years left on his contract.

So Villa has gone, Benteke has gone so who is next? Who is going to be the striker we will fail to sign?

I suspect he has had a clause added where he can go for free when they get relegated next summer.

That and some ridiculous new salary.

Back