• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chris Wondolowski

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
I haven't heard of Spurs being linked to American striker Chris Wondolowski, who's currently banging them in at the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

But as he's currently playing for San Jose Earthquakes and Spurs are one of their partner clubs, perhaps he might be the new striker we've been looking for?

69 goals in 121 appearances for San Jose and 6 in 12 for the USA means he certainly knows where the goal is.

But age might be against him, as he's the wrong side of 30 but on the other hand, he's bound to be reasonably cheap and is also an accomplished middle distance runner.

Thoughts gentlemen?

Depends. He's spent his career so far in North America: certainly not the death knell to players' prospects of playing in Europe that it once was (they've got some great leagues now), but still a concern. and he's old, which, like metalgear points out, puts us at a huge disadvantage considering the already declining values (both financial and sporting) of Defoe, Dempsey and Ade.

If he was 25 or 26, I'd say we should definitely look at him. As it is, I think someone younger (and more proven) would be much more preferable.

You have got to be joking. I thought the Gary Hooper link last January was taking the tinkle but this ...

He's decent at the MLS level. Seen him several times as i have season tickets to FC Dallas. Not a clinical finisher but like Hernandez is at the right place right time. Wouldn't add much to our team, i would hazard guess that Obika is better than him. Actually suprised we didn't go for Jozy Altidore as he is probably going to be leading the line for the States in the WC14 and is greatly improving each year.

He's decent at the MLS level. Seen him several times as i have season tickets to FC Dallas. Not a clinical finisher but like Hernandez is at the right place right time. Wouldn't add much to our team, i would hazard guess that Obika is better than him. Actually suprised we didn't go for Jozy Altidore as he is probably going to be leading the line for the States in the WC14 and is greatly improving each year.

Pretty much this ^^

I been pitch-side a couple of times when he's played for San Jose and he is a good player at that level. He's not the biggest or strongest of players, but he seems to play quicker than most other players, and he does know how to find the back of the net. Honestly don't think he'd made much of an impact at Spurs though. He's certainly not better than Dempsey.

Back