• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chimbumba

Gordinho

Banned
Cheeky bid?

Former Tottenham, Sunderland, Wigan, QPR, Blackburn and Doncaster defender Pascal Chimbonda is to play for non-league Market Drayton Town in a friendly against Notts County on Wednesday night.
The 34-year-old former France international has been without a club since leaving Doncaster last summer.

I wonder how Market Drayton Town are affording his wages...

EDIT: Match fee I meant, also thought I should add that his return to Tottenham was one of the most pointless deals I've ever known us to do, other than Bongani Khumalo of course

Last edited:
He's playing a friendly for them, not signing a four year deal. Probably a few hundred quid appearance fee.

I'd have him. Steady presence who selflessly gives his all for whoever he's playing for. Be nice to have a player who's not in it for the money too. And his agent is one of the true gentlemen in the game.

His performance at home v Chelsea when we won for the first time after a billion years was di hard. Crunched by lampard early on but powered through!

Does he come with some kind of agent cash back deal? If so, does the club get to keep it for once?

Yes, and for a while he was one of the best right-backs in the league. People seem to forget that.

Yes he was a good player for us. Certainly better than Hutton. A lot of people don't know this because the fee we paid Sunderland was undisclosed, but it was actually more like a free transfer because we wrote off some of what they owed us. We then moved him on for a further profit in the Summer! Got to give Levy his dues on that one, brilliant piece of business. Bringing Chimbonda back cost us nothing in the end, it was like having a free player for 6 months!

Yes he was a good player for us. Certainly better than Hutton. A lot of people don't know this because the fee we paid Sunderland was undisclosed, but it was actually more like a free transfer because we wrote off some of what they owed us. We then moved him on for a further profit in the Summer! Got to give Levy his dues on that one, brilliant piece of business. Bringing Chimbonda back cost us nothing in the end, it was like having a free player for 6 months!

I can quite believe all that. He was one of our better right backs..but the deals stank. I don't mind a bit of hard dealing but let us keep it above board.
Willie McKay was/is his agent.

I can quite believe all that. He was one of our better right backs..but the deals stank. I don't mind a bit of hard dealing but let us keep it above board.
Well-known humanitarian and philanthropist Willie McKay was/is his agent.

Corrected for accuracy!:lol:

His performance at home v Chelsea when we won for the first time after a billion years was di hard. Crunched by lampard early on but powered through!

Due credit to Chimbonda for playing through injury in that game. But who can forget the way he walked straight to the tunnel after getting replaced in the 2008 CC Final, only to return and celebrate after the match was over.:lol:

Back