• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chelsea Post-Match Discussion Thread

I used to play left back at a decent level until my mid-teens when smoking/girls/guitars/drug/etc took a far more prominent role in my life.

As for the rest of the post, we're all going to have an opinion on what will and won't work. I have to disagree on Dawson/Kaboul though - they're not my preferred pairing either but they have split like that before. Someone needs to coach that out of them.

You should give coaching/management a go. You obviously have a passion for tactics and although I don't agree on all of your postings you make some fair points. Sometimes you come across a little 'football managery (as in the computer game)' and managing a team might give you a feel for how difficult it can be. You might actually enjoy it.

On Kaboul/Dawson; They have, but having played yourself, you know that on a game day sometimes things just don't happen as they did on the traning field. The best players ensure that they do, but I'm sure you'll agree Dawson and Kaboul are not the best players. It will take a lot of coaching (more than a week coming up to a game) to stop it from happening and even if it looks like it won't happen in the comfort of the training pitch, once you get out there and clever players start to pull you all over the shop, it can get difficult very quickly.

[tweet]443001023443894273[/tweet]

Simply incredible. It's this sort of incompetence that riles even the calmest fans.

Just off the top of my head I think of Danny Rose getting dispossessed by Rosicky, all four goals v Chelsea, The opener v Emirates Marketing Project (away) and the last one Vertonghen... arrghhh all the goals we've conceded this year have been horrendous. Abysmal at times.

When is the last time we have played Chelski and not gotten ****ed over by a referee decision? Whoever said these things even out is full of ****e!

When is the last time we have played Chelski and not gotten ****ed over by a referee decision? Whoever said these things even out is full of ****e!

In fairness, from what I could see, Eto'o was onside in the 1st couple of minutes when Lloris rushed out and clattered him as the final man. I can only imagine what would have happened to us after going down to 10 and with Lloris off in the first 2/3 mins at Stamford Bridge.

In fairness, from what I could see, Eto'o was onside in the 1st couple of minutes when Lloris rushed out and clattered him as the final man. I can only imagine what would have happened to us after going down to 10 and with Lloris off in the first 2/3 mins at Stamford Bridge.

True would have been a cricket score. Even though we have gotten some horrible decisions go against us it is no excuse for us to totally capitulate. Sherwood was right to have a go at our players

Replays showed Lloris didn't touch him mate...

Think we have been to indecisive in our defensive approach. I am talking about, either we cement a a hard 4 line or at least our CB. Walker will be there that is clear. But all season the rest of 3 positions just looked untidy, let's say that. I don't think a man of Dawson's "skill" should be playing so many matches for Spurs. He is a die hard player, but he is limited and in my opinion a squad player at most. Kaboul needs to go, he has the skill, from the 5-6 matches he played this season, 4 were good. But you can't keep a player that is so injury prone, it's not what big clubs, like we have the intention of being, would do. With Kaboul gone, at least one CB is to be bought, and the idea has to be clear, either a very promising youngster, who could play in the first 11 when needed, without to much fuss, either an experienced one. I hope Vertonghen will stay and Chiriches has gained a lot of experience after this 1st year. So I think we should surely start Vertonghen and Chiriches(23yo) when available, the new promising youngster(free guess here) as 3rd choice to get a lot of playing time, and Dawson as 4th choice. Dawson will not grow, he is what he is, Chiriches can, Vertonghen is already a lot better, and the youngster will grow as well, if we not take chances the same problems will arise everytime. At the LB we need a great player, plain and simple, it's where all our efforts should go in the summer transfers. That's how bad we need a LB, a world class one...

Iulian I like to have experienced centre backs, rather than too much youthful exuberance. Experience of the Prem. I wonder if Lescott will be made available?

I remember Distin leaving City and going on to have a good few years at Everton.

Iulian I like to have experienced centre backs, rather than too much youthful exuberance. Experience of the Prem. I wonder if Lescott will be made available?

I remember Distin leaving City and going on to have a good few years at Everton.

Distin is a great CB but getting on a bit. I like Jagielka. He's a more mobile Dawson, but not the youngest either now that I google him.

Last edited:
Think we have been to indecisive in our defensive approach. I am talking about, either we cement a a hard 4 line or at least our CB. Walker will be there that is clear. But all season the rest of 3 positions just looked untidy, let's say that. I don't think a man of Dawson's "skill" should be playing so many matches for Spurs. He is a die hard player, but he is limited and in my opinion a squad player at most. Kaboul needs to go, he has the skill, from the 5-6 matches he played this season, 4 were good. But you can't keep a player that is so injury prone, it's not what big clubs, like we have the intention of being, would do. With Kaboul gone, at least one CB is to be bought, and the idea has to be clear, either a very promising youngster, who could play in the first 11 when needed, without to much fuss, either an experienced one. I hope Vertonghen will stay and Chiriches has gained a lot of experience after this 1st year. So I think we should surely start Vertonghen and Chiriches(23yo) when available, the new promising youngster(free guess here) as 3rd choice to get a lot of playing time, and Dawson as 4th choice. Dawson will not grow, he is what he is, Chiriches can, Vertonghen is already a lot better, and the youngster will grow as well, if we not take chances the same problems will arise everytime. At the LB we need a great player, plain and simple, it's where all our efforts should go in the summer transfers. That's how bad we need a LB, a world class one...

Neither Vertonghen nor Chiriches are very good in the air. We need either of those two +1 other. We need a centre back in the mould of Dawson, just one who is a lot better.

I admire Dawson's passion and heart and ideally we can find someone who has something of that too. We need a blood and thunder centre back with passion.

Neither Vertonghen nor Chiriches are very good in the air. We need either of those two +1 other. We need a centre back in the mould of Dawson, just one who is a lot better.

I admire Dawson's passion and heart and ideally we can find someone who has something of that too. We need a blood and thunder centre back with passion.

I think that Winston Reid at West Ham is one of the better (gettable) centre halves in the league.

I understand what you are saying about one of the CB being very good in the air. Maybe we should start keeping the ball more rather than the game we are doing right now. We are neither a possession team or a counter-attacking team. I think it's high time we choose and attract players that suit one of the 2 possibilities. Look at the teams that are highly successfull, they are either possession teams (Barca, Bayern etc) or counter attacking teams(Real, Dortmund). Vertonghen and Chiriches would do great in a possession team and we have other players who would suit that kind of play in our team. If you don't let the other team have the ball, they can't score(unless it's Chelsea). .

Keep Dawson, players like him who play with heart are not easy to find. He's good in the dressing room too, we just need to use him less, as he is limited and can't progress at this age.

Back