• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Well if they had been paying attention. You now have to hand your financials in, in january. Hence why forest have been charged and everton have been charged for the second time. Chelsea do need to balance the books before june 30th though. Final verdict (after appeals) won't be till april/may 2025.

Everton tried to say a loan they got was used to pay for the stadium. The tribunal and prem found out they were lying. It was spent on players. Everton even admitted it. Hence pleading guilty.

If people are going to pretend to be itk at least do some research.
Don't you have to hand in the accounts in January but they are for July to July the previous year?

Some interesting chat from over on SC...

They can't afford to sack him.

I have just spent the morning with a few footballing peeps including a couple of friends

One a very prominent agent and the other an ex financial director of a premier League club. The late breakfast chat was primarily focused on Chelsea on how much of a mess they are in.

Between them they believed Chelsea are somewhere close to £200 million in the red for this season as far as ffp is concerned. With no chance of fixing this in time for the 30th June deadline.

They have a two week gap from when the window opens to submitting their accounts for the season, and everyone knows they are in the mud. No one is going to even give them close to market value for the few players they can actually sell, and it will take a hg fire sale to get them back in line.

Wait it gets better.....

If they get no Europe next season, and with the way they've tried to use long term amortization with high wages to get round it it will leave them in a very similar situation next season as well. It was also brought up that Lukaku and the keeper(whose name escapes me) will also be returning in the Summer and their very high wages will be back on the books.

Sacking MP now will mean his contract still needs to be paid up, plus the wages of whomever else the bring in to replace him and that is far from financially viable.

They have 2 ways of getting out of this mess and both look extremely unlikely.

Firstly they start winning and somehow get into Europe, although only the CL and doing really well in that will help them for next season.

Secondly Everton win their appeal and the point deduction is reduced to a fine setting a precedent. It was however mentioned Everton are using the stadium build and COVID as their main defence of why they deserve special dispensation. Chelsea would need to find an excuse as to why they deserve similar allowances and that is just not going to happen.

TLDR........ Chelsea are fudged.

Something else I forgot to say is Chelsea need the money in before the cut off point. Whereas if any buying club is genuinely interested at realistic fee's, unless they are way under the ffp limits as of right now, they will want to wait until after the cut off point so that the spend isn't factored onto this seasons books. Making it even more unlikely they will be able to sell enough to cover their loses in time. :D

Ah no, you see this is where it gets even better...... In nearly all cases they are stuck with them now at least for a few years. If they sell any of them it will be at a much reduced fee to what they paid for them. Meaning that their fees paid are no longer spread over their contracts. For example if they paid 100 mil for a player over 10 years they are only spending 10mil a year as far as ffp is concerned. If they sell that player for 60 mil the following window that's 40 mil straight out of their ffp wiggle room.
As suspected, this didn't come from chats with "high profile, prominent PL figures" . They've just listened to Stefan Borson on Talksport.

It's getting to the point with them where they will have to reach an agreement with Poch to resign and take no settlement in year so as to be able to pay him back in years to come. A bit like the baseball teams do with their draft picks who are on daft money in the US and defer the payments for 10 years.

It's getting to the point with them where they will have to reach an agreement with Poch to resign and take no settlement in year so as to be able to pay him back in years to come. A bit like the baseball teams do with their draft picks who are on daft money in the US and defer the payments for 10 years.
Given the way that club's being run, would you trust them to stay out of administration long enough to pay you what they owe?

I went off Poch before we sacked him.

Gone back to loving him though.

Actually think I hate Chelsea more then Arsenal. There fans are such clams, would love to see them go into administration, horrible football club.

I went off Poch before we sacked him.

Gone back to loving him though.

Actually think I hate Chelsea more then Arsenal. There fans are such clams, would love to see them go into administration, horrible football club.

I remember they did a documentary about the concept of "infinite". How some infinites can be larger than others (fractions and stuff). I didn't really understand the concept.
But yes my dislike for chelsea arsenal and west ham may be infinite. But west ham and chelsea maybe larger infinites.

I see that Poch today has said they don't have a player who is good at taking set pieces.

How many billions spent and they don't have a professional footballer who can cross a dead ball?

Chelsea are a social experiment, they have to be!

Surely a top manager in 8 months can get someone to take a corner

Actually, he couldn't do that in 6 years here!

Well if they had been paying attention. You now have to hand your financials in, in january. Hence why forest have been charged and everton have been charged for the second time. Chelsea do need to balance the books before june 30th though. Final verdict (after appeals) won't be till april/may 2025.

Everton tried to say a loan they got was used to pay for the stadium. The tribunal and prem found out they were lying. It was spent on players. Everton even admitted it. Hence pleading guilty.

If people are going to pretend to be itk at least do some research.

The problem with really successful people sometimes is the fudging arrogance

They should have sold us Gallagher for £30M in this window, take their fudging medicine, reduce the pressure for summer.

Now they can't afford to fire Poch either which is hilarious ...

If we are honest, it's the PL that has brought a new dynamic to their situation (and probably many other clubs), by the way of a points deduction.

All these clubs thought this would never happen, and any punishment would be financial and just a cost to doing business (in the manner you want).

Teeth is all it needed, (And probably a threat of an independent regulator to govern the game tbh) for the PL to start being honest about caring for the health of the league, it's clubs and the communities they are part of. They better follow thru on it...that's all I'll say!

funny and unbelievable.

The irony is he's getting what no Chelsea manager has had in donkeys years, time. Which to be fair knowing Poch should see him improve things.

That squad is looking very average though for what they have spent on it, which means its tough to offload them if they are on 3-4 year contracts - with 7 year contracts its entirely plausible it could relegate them - poor form plus one FPL penalty and they will be toast.

If Everton fail in the appeal then Chelsea won’t have a leg to stand on. However you do wonder how much bigger Chelsea will break the rules by. If it’s a lot bigger then maybe a bigger points deduction?
With the Everton one will be interesting to see if they get punished again. Which I think has greater chance in an appeal as double punishment etc… and not long enough to square the books etc…

Although any Chelsea punishment won’t be till next season will be interesting to see them with a 10 point deduction. They won’t be able to strengthen much and what manager will want to go there if they can’t change any personal.

Back