• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

And surely the players are now zero rated assets so can't be amortised across the terms of their contracts.
If that's right it could seriously fudge them up with FFP.
I'm not sure what the rules are on that.

One interpretation is that there's a good chance they can't realise any value for them and should therefore write them off.

If they were my client I'd be advising that they wouldn't be planning to sell until the end of the contracts and therefore should continue to amortise at the previous rate.

But I don't think FFP is a worry for them. If the sanctions last more than a couple of months they'll probably run out of cash with no way to generate any or significantly reduce outgoings. When their VAT quarter is up they'll be on the end of a points deduction too.

Last edited:
With the bank accounts frozen, surely more likely a lack of pay might come into play with Breach of contract.
Depends on the cash reserves and if they'll be allowed to use income streams to service operational bills. I think they will be allowed to.

I'm not sure what the rules are on that.

One interpretation is that there's a good chance they can't realise any value for them and should therefore

If they were my client I'd be advising that they wouldn't be planning to sell until the end of the contracts and therefore should continue to amortise at the previous rate.

But I don't think FFP is a worry for them. If the sanctions last more than a couple of months they'll probably run out of cash with no way to generate any or significantly reduce outgoings. When their VAT quarter is up they'll be on the end of a points deduction too.
Good thinking.

I think the govt will allow them to keep income for operational costs. Especially with a large HMRC bill upcoming.

Good thinking.

I think the govt will allow them to keep income for operational costs. Especially with a large HMRC bill upcoming.
What income?

Can't be player sales as that would theoretically generate huge profits and affect the balance sheet - something these sanctions are designed to stop. They can't sell tickets or merchandise, sponsors are pulling left, right and centre.

I suspect they will still receive some unpaid prize money, TV money, etc. But as lockdown showed us, their cash will disappear almost overnight without ticket sales.

What income?

Can't be player sales as that would theoretically generate huge profits and affect the balance sheet - something these sanctions are designed to stop. They can't sell tickets or merchandise, sponsors are pulling left, right and centre.

I suspect they will still receive some unpaid prize money, TV money, etc. But as lockdown showed us, their cash will disappear almost overnight without ticket sales.
Isn't the TV money in installments?

But yeah, your right, I had forgotten they can't even sell tickets.
Oh fudge that's toooooo fuunnnyyy.
Can't even sell tickets. Mahahahahaha.

Can they sell burgers to the season ticket holders?!

Food and drink is allowed.

What income?

I wonder if the players will kick off and ask for their contracts to be cancelled if this carries on

Yes, but I don't think they can buy new ones. So once their stock is gone I suspect that's it.

I certainly wouldn't be extending credit to them as a supplier and my credit insurers would laugh their arse off if I suggested it.

For ease of use let's assume all income and outgoings are spread evenly over the year (figures from Swissramble).

Broadcasting:
273.6​
Match day:
0​
Commercial:
0*​
Other:
12.6​
Income:
Wages:
(332.9)**​
Other:
(81.1)​
Expenses:
(414)
* Assuming all sponsors have gone
** LOL

I was going to go further but there's really not much point. We have to assume their expenses are evenly spread and if the sponsors had paid up front they wouldn't have pulled their logos.

Yes, but I don't think they can buy new ones. So once their stock is gone I suspect that's it.

I certainly wouldn't be extending credit to them as a supplier and my credit insurers would laugh their arse off if I suggested it.

For ease of use let's assume all income and outgoings are spread evenly over the year (figures from Swissramble).

Broadcasting:
273.6​
Match day:
0​
Commercial:
0*​
Other:
12.6​
Income:
Wages:
(332.9)**​
Other:
(81.1)​
Expenses:
(414)
* Assuming all sponsors have gone
** LOL

I was going to go further but there's really not much point. We have to assume their expenses are evenly spread and if the sponsors had paid up front they wouldn't have pulled their logos.

They might just have £185m in reserves.

And if it's tight they can always get a loa ....... Nope!!! Mahahahahaha

Back