• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Just been listening to that clown Redknapp Jr saying winning the FA Cup is more important, how we were in a position to win the league against Leicester and the defeat against Juve is proving we still have the soft under belly we've always been associated with.

IF we win the FA cup and come fourth, the narrative will change and it will be we need CL to keep our best players. I'd almost want it to happen but only if an electric shock was given to any pundit or rival fan voices the opposite opinion after the event.

From a fans point of view, especially those of us who would be able to attend the FA cup final winning it at the expense of CL could selfishly be preferable, but for the greater good of the club I think CL will pay the wages and provide the stage that players want. Last time we won a cup our two star strikers both fudged off to CL teams against our will.

Why are Liverpool not receiving the same scrutiny, having some more, with their great history and manager losing his last 5 finals?

Redknapp himself is the personification of weak under belly as a player, now acting like he achieved everything in the game from the comfort of a warm studio. Why can't these pundits be held to task on their own careers, like Jenas was recently on BT sport (where he came across well choosing to accept responsibility rather than respond to the goading that playing for Liverpool would have turned him into Roy Keane.)

Let's get CL and win the FA cup, then prepare to hear how unless we pay top wages, do the treble and go invincible Harry Kane will be off to United, Poch to PSG, Eriksen to Juve, Dele to Madrid and all our new fans to City...
He must be talking about that same soft underbelly that saw us come back from two goals down in Turin.

Amazing how people find things to suit a narrative, rather than develop a narrative based on what they observe.

He must be talking about that same soft underbelly that saw us come back from two goals down in Turin.

Amazing how people find things to suit a narrative, rather than develop a narrative based on what they observe.
He's got such a soft underbelly he has to wear a cardigan under a suit jacket...

He's got such a soft underbelly he has to wear a cardigan under a suit jacket...
You sure it's not one of these?

10w0101-braceability-plus-size-bariatric-abdominal-binder-main_1.jpg

3rd for a week, until Liverpool steamroll Watford next Saturday night.

But I am going to be buzzing all week in front of the Scousers. It's been a while, but they are back below us, where they f#ckin belong!!!!

Ahhh this Chelsea game is going to be so big, and they are so obviously going to raise their game because they hate us. Hope we can cope and give as good as we get.

I don't know how you play for a draw, you can play defensively or cautiously but your aim must always be to win, if you're "playing for a draw" and take the lead do you let the other team score?

I don’t think sitting back vs Chelsea is the best idea. They deliberately went all out for a target man striker so they can get past teams that do that. I think we just need to play our game, and play it well with a peak level of concentration. As we did for most of the games at Juve and Liverpool.

I think we're good enough to take our A game to sides like Chelsea - we played well away to Juventus by playing our way and Liverpool at Anfield also so we should have confidence in ourselves here

I wouldn't be surprised if Conte went with Hazard as a false 9 again just to prove some kind of point.

Now 11 teams who cannot overhaul us :-

Watford
Brighton and Hove Albion
Bournemouth
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Swansea City
Huddersfield Town
West Ham United
Southampton
Crystal Palace
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion​

Very easy statement to make but I'd definitely take a draw now....have a 5 point lead with 7 games to go. Can afford to lose the Emirates Marketing Project game

This.

It's a 'Win would be nice' but not a 'Must win' for me. Possibly a 'must not lose' If we do lose its not game over, but for me we would then need something against City to offset it.
Bear in mind its Chelsea v Liverpool on the penultimate weekend, so one of them drops points that weekend

Now 11 teams who cannot overhaul us :-

Watford
Brighton and Hove Albion
Bournemouth
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Swansea City
Huddersfield Town
West Ham United
Southampton
Crystal Palace
Stoke City
West Bromwich Albion​

Indeed. With Burnley still having to visit Arsenal I would go as far as to say we are 3pts from a Top 6 finish and European football at NWHL. If you had offered me that the day after the draw with Burnley in August playing the season away from home. i would have bitten your arm off.

Its been a great effort

This.

It's a 'Win would be nice' but not a 'Must win' for me. Possibly a 'must not lose' If we do lose its not game over, but for me we would then need something against City to offset it.
Bear in mind its Chelsea v Liverpool on the penultimate weekend, so one of them drops points that weekend

I’m putting it down as a “should win”.

Back