• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

With 4 points from the last 12 in the league isn't 4th a little ambitious?
With our earning and wage bill 4th is ambitious. the past two seasons we have over-performed in terms of our spend. Hopefully Poch can stop this Premier League rut and we can get CL again through the league.

We are better than Arsenal and Liverpool. United and Chelsea will grind out enough wins, but 4th should be ours. Might need to fudge off the FA cup though.

The last two years' PL tables would suggest so, and nothing really happened in the summer to suggest that things should have changed

It’s going to be very tight. We could finish 2nd, we could finish 6th. We’re certainly not clearly better than Liverpool or Arsenal.

IF we get 4th this season from Wembley it will be a big achievement for the club. Gutting to say that after the last two seasons when I think by all rights (bar a last day capitulation) we have genuinely been the second best team in the country. I don’t think we are this year.

Regardless, if the new WHL pitch is going to be similar, we need to figure out how to play these teams. Time was, a small pitch was supposed to be a hindrance. We made it a massive advantage. Wembley simply cannot be a hindrance. We need to make it the same way.

It’s going to be very tight. We could finish 2nd, we could finish 6th. We’re certainly not clearly better than Liverpool or Arsenal.
Unless something really weird happens I can't see anyone but city winning it. Although the media will toss themselves silly over this they've really just bought it again. There is no glory in what they do and it is another hollow victory in my eyes.

We are in the race for 2nd as I see it but we have lost our consistency in the league somewhat. In the CL we have had some amazing performances but in the league we're not purring as we can. Why this is I don't know but I would hazard a guess it is because of the variance in our lineup. Winks has been fantastic but I would love to see Dembele Wanyama back in the middle for a spell and Toby back in defense of course. That solid core is missing and it is beginning to tell.

Your view. I agree though that we could finish between 2nd and 6th, though I think 6th is very unlikely. And your insertion of the word 'clearly' makes your post a lot more arguable; as I said above, I'd expect us to finish 2nd to 4th around 70% of the time based on squads etc this season. I'm not sure whether that is consistent with 'clearly' given that 'clearly' probably implies a say >10 point gap rather than actual position

Your view. I agree though that we could finish between 2nd and 6th, though I think 6th is very unlikely. And your insertion of the word 'clearly' makes your post a lot more arguable; as I said above, I'd expect us to finish 2nd to 4th around 70% of the time based on squads etc this season. I'm not sure whether that is consistent with 'clearly' given that 'clearly' probably implies a say >10 point gap rather than actual position

My ‘clearly’ referred to the two posts I quoted which seemed to suggest that we are much better than Arsenal or Liverpool - which we’re clearly not, at present, as the table shows.

One thing which this debate hasn't really factored in is that we've effectively played this seasons so far without Dele, given he's been so off-form. He was one of our most influential players last year and you'd hope that for the second half of this season he's quite not so cr@p. Taking that more broadly, I'd say that overall across our team, our form has been a bit below average - there aren't that many who have been on-form apart from perhaps Verts, Sanchez and maybe Winks. I think that we've generally been below par so far

My ‘clearly’ referred to the two posts I quoted which seemed to suggest that we are much better than Arsenal or Liverpool - which we’re clearly not, as the table shows.

Getting into semantics however 13 games is more 'form' rather than actual ability. I'd say that we've shown over 2 years that we're better - whether you define that as 'clearly' or not is each persons call

One thing which this debate hasn't really factored in is that we've effectively played this seasons so far without Dele, given he's been so off-form. He was one of our most influential players last year and you'd hope that for the second half of this season he's quite not so cr@p. Taking that more broadly, I'd say that overall across our team, our form has been a bit below average - there aren't that many who have been on-form apart from perhaps Verts, Sanchez and maybe Winks. I think that we've generally been below par so far

I suppose a positive is that we are still hanging in there, having yet to hit any sort of consistent form in the league. You have to imagine we’ll do that at some point.

Personally i see no reason why we should think we are lesser than any team in the league apart from City

Getting into semantics however 13 games is more 'form' rather than actual ability. I'd say that we've shown over 2 years that we're better - whether you define that as 'clearly' or not is each persons call

Indeed.

City do seem a cut above everyone right now, while the teams just below them (including us) all look patchy. Lately, it's our turn to look a bit dodgy, but all our Champions League rivals have had dodgy results, bar City.

Considering the players that haven't been available we have done very well.

Our CM options have been severely limited with Winks, Wanyama and Moose all not available for many a game.

Forces us into a new diamond system.

Thats helped Sissoko when he's played, and he's played a lot.. But no-one realistically would be selecting him on choice if everyone's available.

And don't forget we've called on Winks to deliver, a kid who'd played a handful of games before this season.

We,'re hanging in there well, we will hit our stride.

Considering the players that haven't been available we have done very well.

Our CM options have been severely limited with Winks, Wanyama and Moose all not available for many a game.

Forces us into a new diamond system.

Thats helped Sissoko when he's played, and he's played a lot.. But no-one realistically would be selecting him on choice if everyone's available.

And don't forget we've called on Winks to deliver, a kid who'd played a handful of games before this season.

We,'re hanging in there well, we will hit our stride.
Spot on. Not excuses, but reasons. Add in the Embley factor too. Plus if we’re going to have a dip in form now is the time, not the end of the season.

Whilst you think everyone at Liverpool and Arsenal has hit top stride? I’m sorry, but all teams can argue this about injuries and players off form, fact remains we aren’t clearly better than any of the top 6....

Whilst you think everyone at Liverpool and Arsenal has hit top stride? I’m sorry, but all teams can argue this about injuries and players off form, fact remains we aren’t clearly better than any of the top 6....

I obviously watch Spurs more than Liverpool but yes, I'd say that we're more off-form than those two. Again though you're putting words in my mouth by saying using the word 'clearly', which I don't believe I've said

Back