• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League And Europa League Changes

You have to think bigger.

D'you know that super League, that Uefa Fifa 'the fans' despised?. It was all about money (surprise surprise). But It showed there was an appetite for it from the clubs (why? Money, surprise surprise)

The Saudis are asking nicely at the moment.

But the original governors of the game are there to be challenged. And it's easy to paint them in a bad light

I think the LIV golf thing was an experiment.
Squeeze the historic organization (PGA), until they break or come to the table.

As always....follow the money.

The super league proposals also had spending caps more strict than uefas. Because yes it was about money, but there had to be profit. Not giving it all to players.

The super league proposals also had spending caps more strict than uefas. Because yes it was about money, but there had to be profit. Not giving it all to players.
Forget the last attempt.
I'm talking about a Super League 'creation' from a Saudi perspective. There doesn't have to be profit (look at LIV). For sure,JP Morgan who were fronting the money for the last attempt would naturally be looking for profit down the line.

Money can squeeze/influence anyone.

I think theyre quite happy building their own league as a first move...

It's a bit like taking over 16 Emirates Marketing Project's when they were brick...put them all on a fast track to being quality teams. The better the teams, the better the league, the better the league, the more attractive it is to play in, and that swings the balance between players playing for cash and playing because the level of football is good, back to the centre.

Last edited:
Forget the last attempt.
I'm talking about a Super League 'creation' from a Saudi perspective. There doesn't have to be profit (look at LIV). JP Morgan who were fronting the money for the last attempt would naturally be looking for profit down the line.

Money can squeeze/influence anyone.

I think theyre quite happy building their own league as a first move...

It's a bit like taking over 16 Emirates Marketing Project's when they were brick...put them all on a fast track to being quality teams. The better the teams, the better the league, the better the league, the more attractive it is to play in, and that swings the balance between players playing for cash and playing because the level of football is good, back to the centre.

Why would the likes of liverpool, utd, arsenal and spurs sign up to a competition where they would lose money?

Why would the likes of liverpool, utd, arsenal and spurs sign up to a competition where they would lose money?
I don't think you're getting it.

None of the golfers are losing money (far from it). The Saudis will foot the bill for everything...gradually they'd hope to take some commercial benefits/income but that's not what they're in it for. Plus the motive for many clubs is they are looking for a new gravy train.

I don't think you're getting it.

None of the golfers are losing money (far from it). The Saudis will foot the bill for everything...gradually they'd hope to take some commercial benefits/income but that's not what they're in it for. Plus the motive for many clubs is they are looking for a new gravy train.

Lets recap. I said the super league proposal had a spending cap. Because they wanted to make profit. (Rather than all the new money going to players).

You said forget about that attempt. This would be a saudi version where there doesn't have to be profit.

I asked why spurs, liverpool etc... would sign up to that?

Football clubs are not golfers. It doesn't matter how much money they get the saudi clubs would be able to spend more. Thus they'd get the best players and all the money the european clubs get would just go to players wages. So not only would they have little chance of winning, they wouldn't make any money.

I'm saying this is what the Saudis want. And they'll offer something that can't be refused. (Especially to teams like Barca Madrid juve Milan's etc) or squeeze Uefa/FIFA in the same way they did the PGA (shameful uturn driven by litigation).

The imbalance in spending you are worried about exists across football now, and thankfully football is proving that you still have to spend that money well, or you waste it, and with a smart set-up can compete. Remember, most clubs don't make money now.

The initial proposal/promises is all it takes. Any PL team was stupid to sign up to the last proposal (by virtue of being members of an already wealthy, all conquering league), but they did. (Probably because all clubs are owned by businessman)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like it and it would be another step further away from a stable/level playing field game most of us desire. I'm just predicting what the masterplan is.

I'm saying this is what the Saudis want. And they'll offer something that can't be refused. (Especially to teams like Barca Madrid juve Milan's etc) or squeeze Uefa/FIFA in the same way they did the PGA (shameful uturn driven by litigation).

The imbalance in spending you are worried about exists across football now, and thankfully football is proving that you still have to spend that money well, or you waste it, and with a smart set-up can compete. Remember, most clubs don't make money now.

The initial proposal/promises is all it takes. Any PL team was stupid to sign up to the last proposal (by virtue of being members of an already wealthy, all conquering league), but they did. (Probably because all clubs are owned by businessman)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like it and it would be another step further away from a stable/level playing field game most of us desire. I'm just predicting what the masterplan is.

Yes there is an inbalance in spending across europe. But there are also spending rules that clubs voted to bring in. They brought them in to make football more sustainable and profitable.

Now uefa are only one set of spending rules. Each league has their own version. La liga the most stringent of all.

Why would these clubs vote to allow saudi clubs (who have no spending limits) join the cl? They would be at a massive disadvantage.

Yes there is an inbalance in spending across europe. But there are also spending rules that clubs voted to bring in. They brought them in to make football more sustainable and profitable.

Now uefa are only one set of spending rules. Each league has their own version. La liga the most stringent of all.

Why would these clubs vote to allow saudi clubs (who have no spending limits) join the cl? They would be at a massive disadvantage.
Right at the beginning I said 'you have to think bigger' ie this is not about the Saudis joining the champions league, and nothing I then posted suggested that was their aim. Their aim is bigger. They want to run the league, own the league, a league that doesn't exist yet. The might do it in conjunction with UEFA but that will be on their terms, not UEFAs. That's their plan. It might not work, but their pockets are deep. Football is the ultimate sport to gloss your image.

Right at the beginning I said 'you have to think bigger' ie this is not about the Saudis joining the champions league, and nothing I then posted suggested that was their aim. Their aim is bigger. They want to run the league, own the league, a league that doesn't exist yet. The might do it in conjunction with UEFA but that will be on their terms, not UEFAs. That's their plan. It might not work, but their pockets are deep. Football is the ultimate sport to gloss your image.

Yes. But you are not understanding what i'm saying. European clubs will not go for it. It would be turkeys voting for xmas. They cannot possibly compete with the wealth of the saudi clubs. The pl will not go for it. La liga will not go for it. Clubs cannot leave those competitions because the governments will block it. Pl clubshave already signed an agreement that they cannot join other competitions.

Yes. But you are not understanding what i'm saying. European clubs will not go for it. It would be turkeys voting for xmas. They cannot possibly compete with the wealth of the saudi clubs. The pl will not go for it. La liga will not go for it. Clubs cannot leave those competitions because the governments will block it. Pl clubshave already signed an agreement that they cannot join other competitions.
I've answered all that. Let's leave it there.

It's probably something that's never going to happen anyway :)

Back