• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

No difference to our defensive efforts the night before and they were missing 10 players.

They got luck, but they were always going to need it.

I cant stand PSG, they are a team of flat track bullies and they have ruined the French League.

Least Chelsea have won a tougher league, CL and EL.... much how it pains us all.

Disagree, we managed a game, knowing exactly what Dortmund would do, and when they would slow down.

If PSG had simply stepped up a gear last night, they would have blown away United easily.

D1AzumOWsAExwjE.jpg

The state of him...

Anyone put money on Manure as CL winners yet? With their luck, I'd say it's entirely possible.

But VAR is supposed to get things right. o_O
I don't like it at all. I'm not against technology in the game per se, the goal line stuff is excellent, but this isn't working well enough to be even considered at this point IMO. Maybe start with offside and encroachment only. Black and white decisions that require no interpretation and take it from there.

(edit: there was massive incompetence in the decision making in this case so not a good anti-var example)

Last edited:
I don't like it at all. I'm not against technology in the game per se, the goal line stuff is excellent, but this isn't working well enough to be even considered at this point IMO. Maybe start with offside and encroachment only. Black and white decisions that require no interpretation and take it from there.

Agree with that, as for the rest its my favourite buttplug so far.

I said it when it first came in, black and white calls like in and out of play, offside etc. are complete no brainers, but penalty decisions are matters of interpretation, much harder to get right and your not going to really save any controversy, last night being a perfect example.

Last edited:
Just seen highlights of the penalty, have to say if that was given against Spurs Id be fudging livid.

Agree. Think Neymar (the clown shoe that he is) had every right to be filthy about that decision. No point in using VAR if those decisions are still up for debate.. The one in Porto v Roma was dodgy as too.

I said it when it first came in, black and white calls like in and out of play, offside etc. are complete no brainers, but penalty decisions are matters of interpretation, much harder to get right and your not going to really save any controversy, last night being a perfect example.
The system in hockey and rugby allows refs to ask specific questions. So not "Is it a pen?" but rather "Did it hit his arm?" Which the ref wouldn't be asking unless he thought there was intent. Similar for whether a specific player was offside. In rugby it's often used to check forward passes or whether a ball was grounded.

So yes, black and white decisions to help the ref make a correct decision. I don't understand why football can't do the same.

The system in hockey and rugby allows refs to ask specific questions. So not "Is it a pen?" but rather "Did it hit his arm?" Which the ref wouldn't be asking unless he thought there was intent. Similar for whether a specific player was offside. In rugby it's often used to check forward passes or whether a ball was grounded.

So yes, black and white decisions to help the ref make a correct decision. I don't understand why football can't do the same.

Was having this exact conversation yesterday.

Rugby has a very well implemented system. Its worked out all the bugs and has intergrated VAR into the game without any real drama.

It works.

Football decides to follow suit.

Basic common sense would be to see where VAR is implemented and working, and see how its done well, and adopt the same or similar.

So what does it do?

Try and reinvent the wheel and make it as bastard awful as possible...

From what Ive seen of Rugby they could literally have just copied it!

Back