• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

Thought Arsenal played well - but Bayern/Neur really stuffed it up big time.
It was a great watch. I see Arsenal going close in the league, my tip for the top this year.

we need to help our teams in europe more imo. stop rewarding mediocrity and award more prize money to the teams that finish in the top positions in the league

we need to help our teams in europe more imo. stop rewarding mediocrity and award more prize money to the teams that finish in the top positions in the league

How to make the league even less even in one easy step. One thing our teams do not lack is a financial advantage over 99% of the teams in the competition.

Where has that conclusion come from? I've read that Arsenal have around £200 million in the bank, Chelsea, bricky and Utd are hardly short of a bob or 2! If we are not doing well in Europe it's not because of a lack of money.

How to make the league even less even in one easy step. One thing our teams do not lack is a financial advantage over 99% of the teams in the competition.

but playing against the likes of bojan, shaqiri, sigurdsson etc every week is taking too much out of them. if we made it so that they were up against some no names like it is for bayern, barca ,rm that would help our clubs a lot imo

Where has that conclusion come from? I've read that Ar5ena1 have around £200 million in the bank, Chel53a, brickty and Utd are hardly short of a bob or 2! If we are not doing well in Europe it's not because of a lack of money.

the issue isnt a lack of money as such. the issue is that the money gap between our top clubs and the pl's bottom clubs needs to be wider (for our clubs to do better in europe)

but playing against the likes of bojan, shaqiri, sigurdsson etc every week is taking too much out of them. if we made it so that they were up against some no names like it is for bayern, barca ,rm that would help our clubs a lot imo
Have you had a labotomy?

Frankly, I do not give a flying fudge how English clubs other than Spurs do in Europe. I want to see Spurs win stuff and what you are suggesting would make that less likely.

the issue isnt a lack of money as such. the issue is that the money gap between our top clubs and the pl's bottom clubs needs to be wider (for our clubs to do better in europe)

Funny that our teams did better when there was far less of a disparity between the top and bottom clubs domestically

Frankly, I do not give a flying fudge how English clubs other than Spurs do in Europe. I want to see Spurs win stuff and what you are suggesting would make that less likely.

not sure it would tbh. however, what i think could happen (although unlikely) is that we could lose a cl spot because our clubs struggle in europe and if that happens, well... we can forget about those nights we had in milan and madrid

It doesn't work in Scotland. One of the reasons the Premier league is such a lucrative product is because it is relatively competitive in that any team can beat another on any given day IMO. Take that away and you will lose some of the interest.

not sure it would tbh. however, what i think could happen (although unlikely) is that we could lose a cl spot because our clubs struggle in europe and if that happens, well... we can forget about those nights we had in milan and madrid

I'd like to see Champions League places reduced to one. More places in the Champions League has meant that the big clubs have a guaranteed income every season. Cutting that off would be a good thing IMO and make for more competitive domestic competitions.

I'd like to see Champions League places reduced to one. More places in the Champions League has meant that the big clubs have a guaranteed income every season. Cutting that off would be a good thing IMO and make for more competitive domestic competitions.
Very much agree. What a misnomer to call it the Champions league when the last time Arsenal were champions was 2004. That might also once again raise the status of the UEFA cup.

it would make it more competitive, but think about why we want things to be competitive in the first place.

ultimately we want a product that people want to watch. and having a product that is competitive can help towards making something more watchable. but to reduce a tournament that people love in order to make it competitive just doesnt make any sense. would be bad for football and everyone

Very much agree. What a misnomer to call it the Champions league when the last time Ar5ena1 were champions was 2004. That might also once again raise the status of the UEFA cup.

what a misnomer to call our league the premier league, when theres teams like us who arent even the premier team in our own town

it would make it more competitive, but think about why we want things to be competitive in the first place.

ultimately we want a product that people want to watch. and having a product that is competitive can help towards making something more watchable. but to reduce a tournament that people love in order to make it competitive just doesnt make any sense. would be bad for football and everyone

Sorry, I am not following. Which competition would be reduced?

It will never happen of course because of the vested interest involved.

Back