• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

Best Lge in the world, or at least that is what Sky would have us believe.

people bashing the pl is getting boring now. the pl doesnt have too many clubs in the top 5 or so in european football, but there are many many other reasons why the pl could be defined as the best league in world. if you simply want to compare leagues by the best 2/3 teams in each league, then yeah you're probably right, but like ive said, there are many other ways to compare leagues (many of which would be favourable for the pl).

people bashing the pl is getting boring now. the pl doesnt have too many clubs in the top 5 or so in european football, but there are many many other reasons why the pl could be defined as the best league in world. if you simply want to compare leagues by the best 2/3 teams in each league, then yeah you're probably right, but like ive said, there are many other ways to compare leagues (many of which would be favourable for the pl).

It's a subjective argument. People also like to knock the lower table sides in Spain and argue that Messi and Ronaldo would not be as successful in England, but there are just as many pony teams in the bottom half of the Premier League.

Not as boring as the flimflam Sky keep telling us, or as boring as those who still think it is. Buts Stop! Hammer time I guess.

It's a subjective argument. People also like to knock the lower table sides in Spain and argue that Messi and Ronaldo would not be as successful in England, but there are just as many pony teams in the bottom half of the Premier League.

the top 4 teams in england pay less than the top 2 in spain, and the bottom (and middle) pl teams pay more than the bottom (and middle) teams in spain. that's on top of the fact that overall, there is a lot more money in english football. any english team can take virtually any player from spain. ie. michu going to swansea. transfers like that highlight just how much more money there is in the pl. and the general rule in football is that the players will follow the money. so whilst i still think messi and ronaldo would do well here, i also think that the bottom teams here are a lot stronger than the bottom teams in spain. look at some of the players that the bottom pl teams have; espeically those at qpr. bottom teams in spain cant even dream of having players of that calibre.

the top 4 teams in england pay less than the top 2 in spain, and the bottom (and middle) pl teams pay more than the bottom (and middle) teams in spain. that's on top of the fact that overall, there is a lot more money in english football. any english team can take virtually any player from spain. ie. michu going to swansea. transfers like that highlight just how much more money there is in the pl. and the general rule in football is that the players will follow the money. so whilst i still think messi and ronaldo would do well here, i also think that the bottom teams here are a lot stronger than the bottom teams in spain. look at some of the players that the bottom pl teams have; espeically those at qpr. bottom teams in spain cant even dream of having players of that calibre.

More money does not mean the league is better though. Spain have more gifted youngsters than we do.

I don't think n # of better players = a better league either, it's about the all round product, what do people want to watch, which teams do the non indigenous fan bases want to associate with

success in prestige tournaments and flair players obviously feed into that but they are cogs in a bigger wheel

the most technically capable opponents don't always serve up the most entertaining competition

More money does not mean the league is better though. Spain have more gifted youngsters than we do.

thats questionable. pl u21 xi:

lukaku
sterling kane oxlade
can barkley
shaw stones chambers bellerin

i doubt any league could come up with a much better u21 side.

what i would say is that la liga (and some other european leagues) play a more technical brand of football than the pl. and if this is what you want to see, then on this basis, la liga may be the best league for you. but i dont think necessarily means that la liga players are technically better than pl players either. its more of a stylistic thing. and i think often people make a mistake here thinking that la liga players are automatically technically more gifted (as a whole).

im with galeforce here. for me the best league is a mix of things, but ultimately its about what the highest number of people want to watch and give the most money to. and on this basis, this is a non-debate.

Last edited:
thats questionable. pl u21 xi:

lukaku
sterling kane oxlade
can barkley
shaw stones chambers bellerin

i doubt any league could come up with a much better u21 side.

what i would say is that la liga (and some other european leagues) play a more technical brand of football than the pl. and if this is what you want to see, then on this basis, la liga may be the best league for you. but i dont think necessarily means that la liga players are technically better than pl players either. its more of a stylistic thing. and i think often people make a mistake here thinking that la liga players are automatically technically more gifted (as a whole).

im with galeforce here. for me the best league is a mix of things, but ultimately its about what the highest number of people want to watch and give the most money to. and on this basis, this is a non-debate.

But being the most exciting to watch does not mean it's technically the best. Our teams are regularly outfootballed in Europe, us included.

fudge me. Henry is one boring and pointless pundit. He's making Jamie Redknapp look good.

he really is bad lol. his points are boring, and he takes his time to drag them out lol.

i think hes one of these guys that is good to have on a couple times a year for the novelty factor. but he gets boring real fast :D

michael owen is worse though imo. what henry says is just boring. michael owen comes out with boring crap.

But being the most exciting to watch does not mean it's technically the best. Our teams are regularly outfootballed in Europe, us included.

outfootballed from a technical perspective maybe. but our teams consistently make it to the latter rounds, so maybe we are outphysicalling them or outmentalsrengthing them lol. but anyway, european football only represents a few teams from each league. if you wanted to compare leagues on solely this basis, id agree with you and say that the top spanish sides are probably ahead of the english sides at this moment. but when people say that the pl is the best league in the world, they are often referring to the elite level of competition right throughout the league imo. and on this basis, the pl is unmatched.

true, but I think "technically the best" is still a qualification, not "the best", you could equally cite "entertainingly the best" or "competitively the best" whereas you probably need a blend of all three metrics

it's very subjective though

Back