• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

Well, Scara's definition of a hipster is "Someone who spends all their time pretending to like something that they believe it's cool to like. That's why there are so many hipster Barca fans."

Sounds similar to a lot of people who support United or Madrid.

I would disagree with Scara's definition.

It does become increasingly difficult when you start to define what's cool and what's not as it's obviously a very subjective subject matter, to me, supporting a club like Real Madrid or Man Utd isn't cool as it is what everybody else does, thus it doesn't have a hipster quality to it. But with that, am I saying that you can't be a hipster and support Man Utd/Real Madrid/Miami Dolphins? No. You can still display hipster tendencies and support a popular club, and also it's noted that there's no objective list of what are hipsterish tendencies, it is just generally what people don't like/are afraid of.

I currently live in an area of the world that will class anything that isn't a wetherspoons or a toby carvery as hipsterish and a bit too out there and it kills me. There's a lot about myself that could be considered hipster I suppose, but there's no logic or reasoning behind my traits, likes and fashion sense (if that's what we're calling it). Rather than trying to define things in terms of hipsterousity (am on to the dictionary folk with that one), we should obviously just focus on being who we are, and not generalizing people in a desperate attempt to feel more comfortable in our own skin by labeling someone with a derogatory term before even speaking to them and giving them a chance.

Back