• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cars

Looks like a Porsche Taycan's is now available around 40k! Said in this thread if they dipped below 40k it might be worth getting one. There are over 700 available on Autotrader starting around 46k asking pricing.

But...the tech is going to accelerate over the coming years and todays EVs will be outdated.
Its a heavy car.
And I'm not really attracted to them.

....still a bargain to be had if you want an EV. With 700+ for sale you must be able to offer under 40k and find a seller no problem at all!

Last edited:
Looks like a Porsche Taycan's is now available around 40k! Said in this thread if they dipped below 40k it might be worth getting one. There are over 700 available on Autotrader starting around 46k asking pricing.

But...the tech is going to accelerate over the coming years and todays EVs will be outdated.
Its a heavy car.
And I'm not really attracted to them.

....still a bargain to be had if you want an EV. With 700+ for sale you must be able to offer under 40k and find a seller no problem at all!
I'd genuinely buy a new EV6 GT instead.

I've discovered EVs aren't like cars. They don't have any of the intangible, "makes the heart skip" things that cars have. Once you've lost that, there's very little point in spending well over £100k on a car when £40-50k cars do 99% of what they do.

I'd genuinely buy a new EV6 GT instead.

I've discovered EVs aren't like cars. They don't have any of the intangible, "makes the heart skip" things that cars have. Once you've lost that, there's very little point in spending well over £100k on a car when £40-50k cars do 99% of what they do.

Yes and the Porsche is massively overpriced - new at least. I have a charger at work now, which changes things. Feel like I should make more use of it. But I hanker after a manual car. Might get an old 911 turbo for shi1s and giggles. Or electrify a classic car. Or both.

Atm I just drive a hybrid, its dull to drive but practical. I miss a lighter weight manual car. What should I get?

Had the displeasure of loaning a Ford Mustang Mach E this weak. They've sold bucket loads of them here, because of very competitive pricing and very favourable loans.
Must say it's one of the worst cars I've driven! It's got massive amount of power, but that's it! The stearing is sponge like. No feel whatsoever. Also, absolutely everything inside is rattling and squeaking, because everything is made out of the cheapest plastic known to man! Just a horrible car.

I miss a lighter weight manual car. What should I get?
IMG-0851.jpg

They have so much more character. A farmers house in the South of France and one of these ^ and I'd be happy.

Last car I enjoyed was a crappy Seat hire car. Simply because it was a manual and you could rev it out. Modern combustion engines are mighty impressive, even in the cheapest of cars.

Yes and the Porsche is massively overpriced - new at least. I have a charger at work now, which changes things. Feel like I should make more use of it. But I hanker after a manual car. Might get an old 911 turbo for shi1s and giggles. Or electrify a classic car. Or both.

Atm I just drive a hybrid, its dull to drive but practical. I miss a lighter weight manual car. What should I get?
I'm thinking that when I change, I might swap the Taycan for an EV6 GT (or whatever is the latest at that point) and an Exige for track/fun.

Probably get both for less than the Taycan.

Had the displeasure of loaning a Ford Mustang Mach E this weak. They've sold bucket loads of them here, because of very competitive pricing and very favourable loans.
Must say it's one of the worst cars I've driven! It's got massive amount of power, but that's it! The stearing is sponge like. No feel whatsoever. Also, absolutely everything inside is rattling and squeaking, because everything is made out of the cheapest plastic known to man! Just a horrible car.
I take it you've never been in a Tesla then?

It's all of those things turned up to 11.

I take it you've never been in a Tesla then?

It's all of those things turned up to 11.
I've tried the Model S and the one with the gull wing doors. They're sterile and crap quality, but actually have a decent drive train. Drives much better than the Ford.
The meter goes up to 15 on the Ford

I've tried the Model S and the one with the gull wing doors. They're sterile and crap quality, but actually have a decent drive train. Drives much better than the Ford.
The meter goes up to 15 on the Ford
That must be pretty terrible then. The Model S is the worst modern car I've driven by quite a margin.

That must be pretty terrible then. The Model S is the worst modern car I've driven by quite a margin.
Yeah, the S was really bad. The chassis is about as rigid as a 70s convertible, and panel gaps are worse than any Lada I've seen. That's what you get when everything is measured to the nearest inch...

Back