• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carrick - Would he get in ahead of Dembele, Sandro?

Our style of play is very different from Utd though - if Sandro is pressing with a view to launching counterattacks then he's likely to be making more tackles and interceptions than Carrick, who's a deep lying playmaker who occasionally intercepts but is usually given the ball by the back four to pick out a pass and keep the possession ticking over...

Honestly can't see what Carrick does better defensively than Sandro. Sandro tackles and intercepts more.

Here are some stats.

Sandro averaged 3.6 intercepts per game this season and Carrick averages 2.4 intercepts per game this season in the PL.

Sandro averaged 3.3 tackles per game this season and Carrick averages 2.3 tackles per game this season in the PL.

So what does Carrick do as this 'intercepting DM' that makes him superior?

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/2115

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/68890

I seem to remember that Carrick was only rated at the end of his spell with us. Wasn't he one of the most slated players due to his languid style and apparent lack of work rate, and the origin of "[insert player name], what does he do"? He was certainly rated post-Spurs, and rightly so, as the void after him was there for all to see. But I for one remember Spurs fans jerking each other off for Ferguson being stupid enough to pay 16M or thereabouts for him, it was only in hindsight that the majority "rated him highly". If my memory serves me correctly.

I seem to remember that Carrick was only rated at the end of his spell with us. Wasn't he one of the most slated players due to his languid style and apparent lack of work rate, and the origin of "[insert player name], what does he do"? He was certainly rated post-Spurs, and rightly so, as the void after him was there for all to see. But I for one remember Spurs fans jerking each other off for Ferguson being stupid enough to pay 16M or thereabouts for him, it was only in hindsight that the majority "rated him highly". If my memory serves me correctly.

That might have been the case for some Spurs fans even when Carrick left, but I think the majority rated him very highly.

Brilliant player. Would get into our side, or at the very least wouldn't make us any weaker. Considering that people were talking about us having the best central midfield partnership in the league that's still a tall order. Absolute shocker that he hasn't been a fixture in the England side for years. The team should have been built around him, and having him in the side would actually have allowed Gerrard and Lampard to be in the same side (in a 4-3-3).

From my perspective his first season with us seemed to have many asking - what does he do? The following season everyone seemed to clock on to what an important player he was. Don't recall many not being upset that he was leaving

Back