• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carrick - Would he get in ahead of Dembele, Sandro?

Re: Gareth Bale

Carrick would get in our team I reckon. Instead of who I'm not sure as to what the best combination is. Have you not seen how well he's been playing?

Yea. But even so I wouldn't have him in the team ahead of either Sandro or Dembele. Moussa has had the better of him 3 times this season

Yea. But even so I wouldn't have him in the team ahead of either Sandro or Dembele. Moussa has had the better of him 3 times this season

Has he? At OT he was great, I don't remember him doing much in the 1-1 draw. Dembele hasn't been great after his early form (I do really rate him btw), Carrick has definitely been the better player this season. I'm more than happy with having Sandro and Dembele though. GHod we miss Sandro :-(

You can't really compare Dembele and Carrick.

In my opinion though they would be an AMAZING partnership which is why I dont know why Man Utd didn't go for him.

In my opinion though they would be an AMAZING partnership which is why I dont know why Man Utd didn't go for him.

Ok then Sandro and Carrick. brick this is a Bale thread! Shall we take this to the Dembele thread? Or is it Sandro now

But they're both deep lying midfielders aren't they? I guess Dembele can play further forward but seems at his best when tackling deep and then surging forrward, and Carrick sits deep passing the ball around although not much of a tackler. Maybe it would work as they are different types of players, but not convinced....

Ok then Sandro and Carrick. brick this is a Bale thread! Shall we take this to the Dembele thread? Or is it Sandro now

Haha apologies for my part in drifting this off topic. Was only supporting Rossi's opinion and he's disappeared from this thread....

But they're both deep lying midfielders aren't they? I guess Dembele can play further forward but seems at his best when tackling deep and then surging forrward, and Carrick sits deep passing the ball around although not much of a tackler. Maybe it would work as they are different types of players, but not convinced....

Different style at United. They'd have had Dembele doing what Cleverly is doing and Dembele is 10x the player.

I wouldn't want to split up Dembele and Sandro.

...........Carrick....Sandro
.................Dembele

but people will moan and criticize about not enough goals being in that midfield. But if we was to have that midfield, we'd have a striker worthy of scoring, Bale who scores anyway and we'd have a new right sided goalscorer to replace Lennon.

Carrick's vision is far superior to Dembele, though Dembele is more mobile. I'd go for Carrick out of the two.

Would take Carrick back in a heartbeat, superb footballer, two footed and switches play either way with ease.
Better than Sandro imho

It's a really interesting one. Their strengths are completely different. For me one of Dembele's biggest strengths ishis defensive abilities. He is a monster in the challenge and so strong. I think it's hardly a coincidence that we lose so few with him in the team. Granted he chose a good couple of games to miss out when we went to City and Arsenal and had Chelsea at home but I'd have guessed those results could have been very different if we had him

Carrick was always a good player in my view. He is playing very well, his short and long passing game has always been outstanding, but his positional play too has been fantastic.

I could see merits to both. I could as others have said easily see the two forming a formidable partnership.

Thank goodness we have Sandro, who again has a different skill set which trumps the other two

Would take Carrick back in a heartbeat, superb footballer, two footed and switches play either way with ease.
Better than Sandro imho

Could he do what Sandro does for us? No. Not even close.

We seem to thrive with a Destroyer in the middle, looking back to last year when we came fourth, and this year when we are currently on track to come fourth (sort of).

Which footballer would i rather have in our side? Sandro.

Back