• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

Makes you wonder if lockdown hadn't happened whether we'd have seen even more investment

Personally find it very encouraging for the future, that even in current circumstances we have managed to still have such an impressive window.
I just look at the turnaround in the calibre of the squad and it’s improved is much With a relatively minimal outlay
We have fringe players to his shift without make a dent and we have IMO weaker players now with a point to prove trying to step up like Davies and Aurier (both been great in the last games respectively)
When I look at other teams we seem on a different level to most suddenly and have a swagger back
Vinicius is gonna improve the squad noticeably even if he is average as it’s a hole that needed filling.
We have made the window look quite simple and basic and when you look at United for example you have to wonder what the hell is going on

I just look at the turnaround in the calibre of the squad and it’s improved is much With a relatively minimal outlay
We have fringe players to his shift without make a dent and we have IMO weaker players now with a point to prove trying to step up like Davies and Aurier (both been great in the last games respectively)
When I look at other teams we seem on a different level to most suddenly and have a swagger back
Vinicius is gonna improve the squad noticeably even if he is average as it’s a hole that needed filling.
We have made the window look quite simple and basic and when you look at United for example you have to wonder what the hell is going on

The turnaround in playing staff has really been something to see unfold this window, hats of to all those who made it happen

The turnaround in playing staff has really been something to see unfold this window, hats of to all those who made it happen
Let's hope that we can clear some of the deadwood out now. It doesn't do anyone any good having players hanging around that have no chance of playing

Let's hope that we can clear some of the deadwood out now. It doesn't do anyone any good having players hanging around that have no chance of playing
True
Doesn’t help the players who need to move
There are probably 4 or 5 who could move on
Sessegnon and Clarke on loan
Foyth, Rose and Gazza maybe all permanent
I dont see Jose forcing anyone out though other than Rose
I still expect us to get Skriniar now

Considering lockdown rules, lack of obvious funds and the nature and timing of everything it’s been quite stunning
We could play a team that if we do but a CB could be of players who weren’t here a season ago

hart
Doherty
Reggie
Tubby
Lo Celso
PEH
Gedson
Sessegnon
Bergwein
Bale
Vinicius

Clarke as sub...

I mean that’s a HUGE HUGE turnaround with some real class, some prospects and a few unknowns too

I'm sure he'll be glad to get away from Rio Ave. They were up 2-1 to Milan with 90 secs. to go in ET - rain lashing down in a cold wind - and gave away a penalty on the most ridiculous handball - blatantly obvious, too.

Went to PKs and blew three chances to win the shootout. It'll be a gloomy place for weeks to come.

True
Doesn’t help the players who need to move
There are probably 4 or 5 who could move on
Sessegnon and Clarke on loan
Foyth, Rose and Gazza maybe all permanent
I dont see Jose forcing anyone out though other than Rose
I still expect us to get Skriniar now

It's a buyer's window, it might be difficult to sell any of them at the fees we'd want. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose ended up on loan at a EFL team.

It's a buyer's window, it might be difficult to sell any of them at the fees we'd want. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose ended up on loan at a EFL team.
Yeah agree
But we won’t let Sessegnon or foyth go IMO without a loan fee

Had a good laugh watching ESPN's Fat Gab Marcotti and L'arrogant Julien Laurens try to convince one another that this Vinicius deal isn't good for Spurs. Tried to portray him as washed up at 23. All they had was that the kid played for clubs influenced by his agent - Monaco, Benfica and Rio Ave - and manufactured stats to suit their argument - like only two goals in 16 games at Monaco.

He banged in a heck of a lot more in Portugal in recent days - 26 goals in 46 appearances for Rio Ave and Benfica.

"Sport Lisboa e Benfica - Futebol, SAD informs, under the terms and for the purpose of the provisions of article 248-A of the Portuguese Securities Code, reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for the loan of the player Carlos Vinícius until the end of season sporting 2020/21 for an amount of € 3,000,000 (three million euros).

This agreement includes a purchase option clause in the amount of € 45,000,000 (forty-five million euros), to which, if exercised, the amount paid for the loan will be deducted. It is further reported that the said agreement is dependent on the signing of the player's sporting employment contract with Tottenham Hotspur"

It's on Benfica's site too:
https://www.slbenfica.pt/pt-pt/agora/noticias/2020/10/02/futebol-benfica-vinicius-comunicado-cmvm

3 million euro fee for a striker that Mourinho really wants.
If he does the business, that transfer fee will be reasonable and affordable.
Good job Levy.

Veni, vidi, venicius

On the other hand, there are some good deals to be had now if you play your cards well. Which we appear to be doing.

Yeah, I think the club have played an absolute blinder this window. The outlay hasn’t been massive really in terms of transfer fees and I think Levy’s prudence up to now has left us an awful lot of wiggle room on wages. I bet our wages to revenue ratio will still be much lower than 80% of the league even if we don’t sell anyone.

I do expect a couple of players to go but if Levy can bring in a CF and a proven/strong CB, we’ll have a very well balanced squad, incredible options up top and a squad capable of challenging for the biggest prizes in my view. This squad could be better than Poch’s best squad and with a man at the helm who knows how to win trophies.

That we’ve done it for relatively little money and during a pandemic just leaves me taking my hat off to Levy.

Had a good laugh watching ESPN's Fat Gab Marcotti and L'arrogant Julien Laurens try to convince one another that this Vinicius deal isn't good for Spurs. Tried to portray him as washed up at 23. All they had was that the kid played for clubs influenced by his agent - Monaco, Benfica and Rio Ave - and manufactured stats to suit their argument - like only two goals in 16 games at Monaco.

He banged in a heck of a lot more in Portugal in recent days - 26 goals in 46 appearances for Rio Ave and Benfica.

You'd have to spin pretty damn hard to make this deal sound bad from a Spurs perspective. But haters gonna hate. :p

Back