• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cards on the table, what would YOUR next starting 11 be?

-------------- Lloris

Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose

--------------
Sandro

Lamela ---- Eriksen ----- Chadli

------ Soldado - Adebayor

With pace as subs in Townsend and Lennon

Back to the Ossie days :lol:

Jenasinho and Dembele can ride the pine

I think Lennon is better when teams push on us. Right now, he isn't using his weapon at all and we would be better served with someone who can provide assits via crosses. Same with Townsnd, as shown Chadli can get behind the fullback, has better strength and can hit 20 yarders by cutting inside.

Last edited:
Up against Cardiff and assuming injuries to Sandro, Lamela, Capoue and Chiriches.

---------------Lloris-------------
Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen-Rose
Lennon-Bentaleb--Dembele-Eriksen
------Soldado---Adebayor--------

Soldado and Ade to put pressure on the opponents, our runners in midfield (Dembele and Paulinho) have not shown themselves capable of getting up to support the lone striker enough in games like this one.

Somewhat weak central midfield, but with injuries we can't do much better. Paulinho is soft defensively and Bentaleb - Dembele gives us more on the ball. Lennon adds a bit of work rate to that midfield 4 at least although I have to accept that defensively we'll be soft down our left. Creativity from Eriksen should in theory make up for that.

Kaboul and Vertonghen the easiest choice ever made, if either is out then Dawson obviously comes in by default. Since Sherwood hasn't even used Veljkovic in the EL he's at best not quite ready yet I'm guessing. Similar reasons to prefer Rose to Fryers, as varying as Rose has been I think Sherwood would have used Fryers by now he thought he was ready.

Back