• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cards on the table, what would YOUR next starting 11 be?

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
I have, this weekend, found myself whinging more than usual. I appreciate that to some, this is not necessarily a rarity in all reality, but it was a shock for me to hear myself gassing on like a bigger windbag than usual and putting some players to the critical sword. 'What would I do now? ' I pondered…so here it is. This would by my starting 11 for the next league match if possible with fitness. A couple of things…

1) The dearth of quality at left-back is a major issue, but at this point I want a left-back who will at least be humble enough to focus on his primary duties, plus we need to see if Fryers has anything.

2) Daws is in by default. I think Chiriches is a better defender right now, but with the total lack of character we are threatening to erupt into, I believe that so long as we play a little deeper defensively, and as long as Daws doesn't charge 50 yards upfield, we need his presence as we simply haven't got anyone else I trust character-wise.

With that said, feel free to pick this one apart. It's certainly got some vulnerabilities…and my selection is dictated as much by the awful attitude of our 'star players' as it is by common sense LOL. Who'd be a manager eh?

p.s. a LOT of responsibility on Sandro's shoulders here…

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Kaboul
Fryers

Sandro

Lennon
Paulino
Townsend

Eriksen

Ade

subs: Archer, Soldado, Lamela, Bentaleb, Chiriches, McAvoy, Sigurdsson

p.s. were Lamela remotely available, I'd swap him and Andros!

In Europe?nI can't pick Sandro, as much as I would love to I have no idea how his fitness is at the moment.

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Rose

Capoue
Dembele
Erikson

Townsend
Adebayor
Siggy.

I'd tell Townsend to stay wide, run down the line and get chalk on his boots to keep width, he'd be more likely to do something than Lennon. Siggy to come inside and link up with ade, whilst giving walker freedom to come up outside siggy, by telling Capoue and dembele to watch out for the gap he might leave behind.

Erikson is perhaps the most important member, as we've not had that midfielder that plays it simple, speeds up the tempo and then makes himself available since modric.

Edit - oh crap, how badly injured was Capoue? Replace him with paulinho.

Last edited:
------------Soldado
Eriksen------------------Lamela

---Paulinho--Sandro--Dembele

--Rose---Verts---Kaboul--Walker

-------------Lloris

Is the team I've been wanting to see us play all season.

Aside from Rose, that's stronger than anything Liverpool or Arsenal could put out IMO.

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Kaboul

Fryers

Sandro

Lennon
Paulino
Townsend

Eriksen

Ade

subs: Archer, Soldado, Lamela, Bentaleb, Chiriches, McAvoy, Sigurdsson

Kaboul and Dawson as a pair just don't work. They are our Lampard and Gerrard. On paper it should be ok, but in practice it's a disaster and always has been.

Just pass the ball around. Preferably one touch quick tempo passing.
Demebele paulinho sandro and capoue cant do this.
If Lamela isnt fit then play Kane he can pass it

--------------Lloris
Walker Veljkovic Vertonghen Fryers
---Sigurdsson Eriksen Bentaleb-----
Lamela----------------------Chadli
------------Adebayor

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro
Eriksen Paulhino
Lamela----------Townsend
Adebayor

assuming everyone is fit and available

Kaboul and Dawson as a pair just don't work. They are our Lampard and Gerrard. On paper it should be ok, but in practice it's a disaster and always has been.

You are right, I admit freely that my choice is dictated very much by emotion right now as I found Verts attitude so appalling that right now, I just want him out of the club (I'm sure I will revise that in a week or so)...

Just pass the ball around. Preferably one touch quick tempo passing.
Demebele paulinho sandro and capoue cant do this.
If Lamela isnt fit then play Kane he can pass it

--------------Lloris
Walker Veljkovic Vertonghen Fryers
---Sigurdsson Eriksen Bentaleb-----
Lamela----------------------Chadli
------------Adebayor

I like the look of him on paper but have never seen him play.Interested to hear your views...

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Rose

Sandro
Dembele

Lamela
Eriksen

Soldado
Adebayor

That would be a star team. Lennon could rotate with Lamela to ease him. We might need Lennon or Townsend - a more traditional winger in there from time to time to stretch and run at defences.

With so many of our players I'm finding it difficult to see what their natural (best) position is -
Townsend - is he a right or left sided winger?
Eriksen - behind the striker or coming in from the wing?
Chadli/Sigurdsson/Lamela - where do they play? (If at all...)

My team for what it's worth with everyone being fit would be;

---------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------

Walker-------------Kaboul------------Vertonghen------------Rose

Lennon------------Sandro-------------Dembele------------Eriksen

-------------------Soldado-------------Adebayor-------------------

Paulinho I cannot fathom out, watching him yesterday strolling around the pitch as usual with only the one-two with Ade to his name.
Rose wouldn't be anywhere near the first team if there was a real option, just not good enough same for Dawson now which is sad.
Bentaleb has shown he's a decent player but really should be warming the bench for now and as for Capoue well I'm not impressed so far from what I've seen.
Lamela looks like he could be a really good player (should be for £30m) but this season looks a write-off.

.....................Lloris...................
......Kaboul......Vert........Rose.....
.............Sandro.....Paulinho.......
Walker........Lamela........Eriksen
.............Soldado....Ade.............

Just for a laff

I've also thought it would be a good idea to let Lamela and Eriksen play with free roles to allow them to combine in various places about the bitch and unbalance the opposition. Unfortunately I don't think we have the players to allow that right now. Still on subject, given the injuries to Vlad, Lamela, Sig and Sandro I'd go with:

-------------Lloris-------------
Walker--Kaboul--Verts-----Rose
-------Dembele-Paulinho-------
-------------Kane-------------
--Chadli---------------Eriksen-
------------Soldado-----------

People may bemoan the Soldado pick but the guy will get himself out of this rut with football. Then again at WHL it may be better to set up with Ade.

Back