• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cardiff Ratings

ibftBCEeimJbGi.gif

Watch Lloris above. He stands still and waits, luring Campbell into his trap... then BAM he pounces on him so fast that he gets there almost too early and slides out of the box!

I'd say it was like 20 centimetres outside the box, they showed the other angle on the stream and he was a bit outside, but the linesman couldn't see that because Lloris' legs covered the arms.

I know Cardiff and Norwich aren't exactly the best teams will we face this season, but it really looks like this team is geling already. I figured it would take a few months, it still might take that long for us to fire on all cylinders, but we are creating chances galore compared to last season.

Too close to call = brilliant keeping. No one can conclusively say his hand was in contact with the ball outside of the area.

Thankfully neither Daws or Verts looks straight to the linseman! Particualarly after the last league game.

I know Cardiff and Norwich aren't exactly the best teams will we face this season, but it really looks like this team is geling already. I figured it would take a few months, it still might take that long for us to fire on all cylinders, but we are creating chances galore compared to last season.

Very positive indeed.

Not least because teams like "just" Cardiff and Norwich were teams we often struggled against last season, and in many of the seasons before that.

The amount of chances we've created in our last two matches has been a joy to watch. And that's with Lamela only being slowly introduced, the team still very early in their settling period and so on. Combine those chances with how solid we look defensively and it's all looking really good.

Anyone watching Sky Sports highlights of the game now? they have various angles of the incident and the last 2 angles show his hands were out.

Never thought I would say this but I have been impressed with everything I've seen of Kane in a Spurs shirt recently. Would happily start him against Villa if Defoe is out.

Decent enough performance from him today. Ballsy from AVB to send him out there I thought.

He's got some things about him, as has been mentioned a somewhat deeper role instead of the line leading forward might suit him better.

I would like to see him start behind Defoe (or Ade if available against most odds) against Villa.

Re. the handball: Great goal-keeping from Hugo -- he got the ball, he got away with it (even though there is no way on earth a ref could send him off for that, looking in real-time) and he stopped a goal. He rescued Naughton's massive f**k up. Though he was poor on the corner for their "goal". Another clean sheet, I'd give him a 6.5 out of 10.

Walker - 7
Vertonghen - 6.5, had a bit of a ropey period in the 2nd half, but was alright.
Dawson - 7. Some say needless lunges, but I saw some crunching tackles today. We need a bit of that.
Naughton - 5.5. He wasn't getting skinned all day but made poor decisions in possession, one of which could have cost us a goal.

paulinho - 7.5 -- would have been a 6.5, but his goal moved his rating up a notch
dembele - 6.5 -- though he played ok, nothing special but not bad.

eriksen - 6.5 - see above.

townsend - 7 - provided a constant threat going forward, on another day I think he'd have had a goal or 2 to his name.
Sig - 7, did ok, but really unlucky with his effort against the bar.

soldado - 7 -- on another day, he'd have notched a couple

holtby - 9. I honestly think he turned the game, he was basically flawless and played some excellent, quick passes resulting in pressure and helping the goal. One of these "assisting the assisters" that people keep lecturing me about. ;)

Lamela - 7.5 - did pretty well, good assist.

Kane - 7 - did well.

AVB - 7. Would have got a 6, but made good subs. Thought his lineup down the left flank wasn't good, with 2 right-footed players. We looked poor down the left on occasions we did that last season and we didn't get much threat down that side today either.

in the area or out who gives a ****e. If we are getting big decisions going are way it means 2 things - firstly we are now viewed as one of the big boys and big clubs tend to get decisions and secondly karma may be turning in tottenhams favour. Of course the likelihood is next week a biggie will go agaist us.

Anyone watching Sky Sports highlights of the game now? they have various angles of the incident and the last 2 angles show his hands were out.

Yes it is conclusive that his hands go out of the penalty area - but not that his hand is in contact with the ball at that moment.

His is allowed his hands out of the area right?

Sweeper keeper.

Lloris -5.5 - just a bit sloppy really..

Walker - 7 - played well, defended well, attacked well.
Dawson - 6.5 - defended decently, didn't really do much wrong.
Vertonghen - 6.5 - same as above.
Naughton - 5 - I feel bad, it's not his fault, he's just not a left back. He actually looks good at right back.

Dembele - 7 - controlled the game for large periods of it.
Paulinho - 6.5 - got the goal, enough said about paulinho today...

Townsend - 7 - was one of our better threats, linked well with walker, was a threat.
Eriksen - 6.5 - decent performance, didn't see anything that special from him.
Siggy - 6 - can't play with naughton, just gets isolated too much without a full back running past on the outside.

Soldado - 7 - decent movement, got involved, just couldn't quite find that finish.

Yes it is conclusive that his hands go out of the penalty area - but not that his hand is in contact with the ball at that moment.

His is allowed his hands out of the area right?

Sweeper keeper.

No such thing as a sweeper keeper! ;)

As the MOTD2 guys said, even with loads of camera angles they couldn't make up their minds, it just simply isn't
Conclusive, even Makay didn't blame the ref on that one.

No such thing as a sweeper keeper! ;)

As the MOTD2 guys said, even with loads of camera angles they couldn't make up their minds, it just simply isn't
Conclusive, even Makay didn't blame the ref on that one.

What would you call Lloris? There are numerous examples - just cant think of one now : ) - where he uses his lightening speed to snuffle a potential one on one. It's undoubtably risky. But he is very good at it and has saved the day numerous times.

Missed the ;)

'Too close to call'

Great result in the end. Hope we can be a little more clinical and use the width of the pitch better in the future. Palace, this game and others - there is a pattern where we end up very narrow. Hope the coaching team are on it.

Reminds me of a non-corrupt Bruce Grobbelaar, when at his peak, and without the showmanship
What would you call Lloris? There are numerous examples - just cant think of one now : ) - where he uses his lightening speed to snuffle a potential one on one. It's undoubtably risky. But he is very good at it and has saved the day numerous times.

Lloris -5.5 - just a bit sloppy really..

Walker - 7 - played well, defended well, attacked well.
Dawson - 6.5 - defended decently, didn't really do much wrong.
Vertonghen - 6.5 - same as above.
Naughton - 5 - I feel bad, it's not his fault, he's just not a left back. He actually looks good at right back.

Dembele - 7 - controlled the game for large periods of it.
Paulinho - 6.5 - got the goal, enough said about paulinho today...

Townsend - 7 - was one of our better threats, linked well with walker, was a threat.
Eriksen - 6.5 - decent performance, didn't see anything that special from him.
Siggy - 6 - can't play with naughton, just gets isolated too much without a full back running past on the outside.

Soldado - 7 - decent movement, got involved, just couldn't quite find that finish.

Agree with these and the comments, except

1. Lloris great save even if it was outside the box.
2. Dembele should make more positive forward passes after he has beaten his man
3 AVB needed to sort our left hand side. As Murmon suggested at half time, why not move Townsend there and bring on Lamela on the right. This would have given us more balance and freed up Walker on the right as well.
4 disappointed Soldado,do didn't bury one of his several half chances. Needs a goal fro open play soon.
5 our corners were as dreadful as usual!

Do not get the Paulinho low marks. He has massively improved our passing game. Maybe he got caught out one or twice trying to run through a congested midfield. But he scored an audacious back heal and won the f ucking game! Had he not done so, he'd still have had a decent game in my book, drawing the best save of the lot from their keeper and helping to keep us in complete control of the midfield.

Back